User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Einstein - Commanding Officer Application

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in timezones close to you I'm hearing people say they haven't actually gotten a chance to see you in action yet. How many rounds (approximately) did you play in XO since the start of November? Continuously playing XO while your application is up is key to getting you recognized by everyone here.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to play some rounds with Jack and spoke with him OOC as well. I would love to have Jack in the whitelist because he has a great heart and while being in command with him as my XO, he never had a stick up his ass like most would when faced with pressure. As you continue on with command, develop your ability to be able to make faster decisions that would benefit the marines. Also, always make sure to put making friends and creating an enjoyable round as number one for your time as CO! I look forward to seeing you as a Captain, Jack! Best of luck on your application from here on! +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    Even in timezones close to you I'm hearing people say they haven't actually gotten a chance to see you in action yet. How many rounds (approximately) did you play in XO since the start of November? Continuously playing XO while your application is up is key to getting you recognized by everyone here.
    I've played about 8 or 10 rounds as an XO in these two weeks. And of course I will continue to play to be noticed.

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mild disagreement with a few answers, but that mostly just comes down to commanding style. The story seems high effort but doesn't give much idea as to your personality, which is fine. Again, personal preference.

Now, I haven't seen you on much (or at least don't remember seeing you), so I'll give an update if I see you for a round or two. Since we're in a relatively close time zone, that shouldn't be too hard.
    Captain Jacob 'Skinwalker' Kelar, of the USCM. Moth fanatic. Lover of bugs. Cults, too, though I'm not sure why.

A few of the medals I've earned, since there's a four image limit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you around playing different roles, which is good. But I don't think I've ever seen you as XO or you weren't noticeable.

Answers are kind of meh, they show a certain lack of experience.

Another red flag is the complete lack of SO hours.

The story is well, always not particularly important, but I have a few notes. It's kind of generic with some obvious stylistic issues, the biggest being "After the first shot, the enemy started a massive fire on him." -- you meant that enemy started to amass fire, not that they set the turret aflame, right? Though good points on presentation. Also a CAPT at the age of 31?

All this considered I'm gonna give this application a mild -1. You have to be a very well known server veteran or be extremely good\lucky\charismatic to get the CO after just 65 XO hours, so don't take it personally. Prioritize playing XO until you'll get a good reputation, don't look down on playing SO and maybe get a little more SL hours, since any leadership experience helps.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, I have yet to see you once. Tentatively a -1 unless I see you around as an XO more. Answers aren't great, the story isn't great... Nothing really great, which is what a captain needs to be.

Apologies. If I see you around, though, I might change this.
    Captain Jacob 'Skinwalker' Kelar, of the USCM. Moth fanatic. Lover of bugs. Cults, too, though I'm not sure why.

A few of the medals I've earned, since there's a four image limit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to voice in alongside Jacob above here. I have been playing during ideal times for your timezones for the last 2 weeks during my Trial Mod phase and have only seen you as an XO once. Other than that, I have not been aware of your character - either you did not play or were entirely unremarkable.

Answers are ok, but you can copy paste those by just looking at answers people liked on other, accepted apps.

Story is meh in my eyes. Its only real use for us COs is to gauge your grasp on English and a basic understanding of military ranks. A Captain at 31 is not realistic. There are also some grammar errors. I don't know if you got anyone to proofread your story before submitting.

Overall, giving this my -1 until I see you MUCH more actively play XO in-game so that I can personally gauge you more. Unless I can actually see you, I have no reason to believe you to be competent. We have XO players with 100 hours clocked in and they're still terrible, so hours alone don't do it for me.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gonna be honest I don't think I ever remember seeing you
    when can you best play around on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda barebones cookie cutter answers. Your examples are ok and I don't have grounds to judge them but they seem from a textbook and should be from actual rounds' scenarios. Like what if you fuck up ( bad ob, ect) and people are saying m word? Do you BE them? But your fuck up was valid and you really did fuck up. Are you going to end their round due to them being rightfully annoyed or do you come to a middle ground with them and dissolve their m word before it starts? When answering the questions people are wanting answers for your character's personality to questions like the one above. It's not as big of a deal like the synth WL or anything but knowing where you can legally BE and Why you're doing it should be both told by you.

While you technically achieve the minimum requirements in playtime, and actually exceeding it by quite a margin more. It's what the staying power of your leading and mannerisms that people remember when interacting with you is what's important. Judging by others in this thread you play XO once in a blue moon or when it's lowpop and no one is playing so you don't get noticed if you're good or bad. Your character being a captain when 31 doesn't matter to me, Hackworth was a captain by the time he was 26. If people want to give themselves a good story for the reasoning behind their captainship young they can, but english not being your first language so that approach may be difficult. You can always ask others to proofread it before submitting an app. Just remember you can't advertise it. I don't really think 25 SL hours is "a lot of experience" but you could just be a good aSL and after all you won't get hours from an aSL. I haven't seen you much myself either so it's gonna be a -1 for now.

I think you'll be a very good CO one day and i'd enjoy being SL under you but for now you need to rack up more time as SL and XO and get known more by people. good luck gamer

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but after deliberating this with the CO Council, we've found your hours and your application to both not be enough for the CO whitelist. The main thing holding you back is the lack of Captains being able to see you in action firsthand, and while I have seen you actually occupy the role I've only personally managed to grab the tail end of your ops before the round ends.

Overall, I suggest you work on communicating with other people, your application (don't forget you can ask a CO councilor to review or critique your app), and your playtime. If you work on these, and get enough support and reputation from everyone before applying, then you can have a better shot at earning the promotion.

For now, though, this application is denied. You may reapply in 30 days time (or whenever you are ready) from this message on December 28, 2021.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump