User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predators are unrealistically strong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predators are unrealistically strong

Yesterday I witnessed a marine and a runner ganking on a Predator. He got PBd about 7 times and slashed about the same time since I started watching, so it was actually a little more than that total. Predator simply killed both, but it took him 10 minutes as he was so horribly unrobust he was unable to click on any of them and had to resort to ranged weapons...which still took an other 5 minutes to kill them.

I once witnessed about 10 xenos chasing and beating a predator who constantly had spitter acid on him, got hit and acided way too many times to count just to get bored and run away with 2x the speed of a runner.

What is exactly the point of the predator when they are UNGODLY hard to kill? I Never played pred, but if I know I can withstand 10 PBs and 10 slashes while I pretty much one-shot anybody I would quit on the spot. That is just retarded. SS13 especially CM is for people who like to play games like dark souls on the hardest. Yet we have a character that is easier to play than animal crossing. Why exactly?

Not to mention reality or lore-friendliness. I watched all movies. Predators would be dead after 2 slashes or a PB. Makes no sense to me for them to be in this game in this current state. Why would anybody even want to take them? If I want to play an easy game I play roblox on creative mode, even that is harden than playing pred.

I legit feel cringed that they are in this game. Give me my ice-cream back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have to be OP because they're bad at the game and need it for a crutch

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    Yesterday I witnessed a marine and a runner ganking on a Predator. He got PBd about 7 times and slashed about the same time since I started watching, so it was actually a little more than that total. Predator simply killed both, but it took him 10 minutes as he was so horribly unrobust he was unable to click on any of them and had to resort to ranged weapons...which still took an other 5 minutes to kill them.

I once witnessed about 10 xenos chasing and beating a predator who constantly had spitter acid on him, got hit and acided way too many times to count just to get bored and run away with 2x the speed of a runner.

What is exactly the point of the predator when they are UNGODLY hard to kill? I Never played pred, but if I know I can withstand 10 PBs and 10 slashes while I pretty much one-shot anybody I would quit on the spot. That is just retarded. SS13 especially CM is for people who like to play games like dark souls on the hardest. Yet we have a character that is easier to play than animal crossing. Why exactly?

Not to mention reality or lore-friendliness. I watched all movies. Predators would be dead after 2 slashes or a PB. Makes no sense to me for them to be in this game in this current state. Why would anybody even want to take them? If I want to play an easy game I play roblox on creative mode, even that is harden than playing pred.

I legit feel cringed that they are in this game. Give me my ice-cream back.
    hey now THE ONLY REASON the first fight you mentioned took so long was because the runner kept running around like crazy and you cannot catch up to them without resorting to things like traps which I intended to plant before, the marine did most of the damage but because they interfered they got the lethal HPC to the face. Runners deal low damage to predators.

Go ahead really, try and fight a runner with melee only while it refuses to even let you get close to it and all it does it do is pounce/slash/run tactics. smh
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    They have to be OP because they're bad at the game and need it for a crutch
    What do you mean. Like I was the marine or the runner? I would be proud AF that I lasted 15 minutes against a predator and PBd him so many times, but I wasn't. Only saw the fight because somebody in dead-chat shouted it to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    hey now THE ONLY REASON the first fight you mentioned took so long was because the runner kept running around like crazy and you cannot catch up to them without resorting to things like traps which I intended to plant before, the marine did most of the damage but because they interfered they got the lethal HPC to the face. Runners deal low damage to predators.

Go ahead really, try and fight a runner with melee only while it refuses to even let you get close to it and all it does it do is pounce/slash/run tactics. smh
    Fighting a runner is 50-50 for me. I know some of the more robust ones will stand back after the 2 slash so you cant click them on harm. So it depends here, if they won't stand back than I can PB them and it's over. Half of the time I have slugs loaded which will stun them, so if any marine is nearby they are killed during the first or latest second stun.

I kind of don't mind runners and lurkers, even if they are strong as one mistake and they can be easily killed. No to mention if they step on a claymore mine or a lucky grenade stuns them. I seriously did not even mind doubling their damage as they are killable.

My problem with the predator is, I bet any money if that would have been a queen with screech on cool-down and only neuro, they might have even had a chance as they were good. I saw 2 marines kill queens where she missed all his neuros. The fact that a predator has about 10 times the health as a queen and 5 times the damage though makes them literally pointless. Really struggling t understand what is their role in the game.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there weren't any stealth buffs/bug fixes for preds, then they aren't that much OP. As a marine you have to gear up accordingly and with a bit of robustness you can beat any unrobust pred (every pred is unrobust, thats literally the whitelist requirement). The more fluff stuff pred has (friends of staff, staff members, admemes, heads in this order), the more unrobust he is.

The gear you need is shotgun with buckshot for PBs when aiming at feet and M39 with AP for longer ranges. Light armor, no armor, or bulletproof vest. Maybe a nade.
    Open field is bad, choose buildings to fight then, bonus points if they have a lot of stuff that you can shoot trough, but can't go trough, like secure dome on LV for probably the best example. Closed building with lots of metal racks.
    If pred is close - PB. If further away - M39. If pred is pussy - you can't do shit.
    Preds aren't OP in combat, but they can escape faster than the most cowardly runner would ever dream of.

However, they have to be in this state, SS13 engine and CM "philosophy" are, as always, to blame.
    Preds are the "secondary" antagonists, their purpose to entertain whitelisted players who play them with easy kills on bald marines. There is sometimes some RP involved if said individual gets bored of the constant slaughter of mostly marines and few slower xenos. Thats the premise.
    1. Preds can't be removed, because that would make whitelisted people sad/mad/cry.
    2. Preds are always outnumbered, so they require tools to disengage from large grape squadrons of both marines and xenos, but the same "tools" (speed, etc) can and are used in combat. This could be easly fixed by giving them something like "retreat drug" that they take when its necessary (otherwise very unhonorable), but that would make whitelistmains sad/mad/cry.

But overall, as a probably new marine and beno, without much robust skills and totally unknown, there is very small chance that pred will pick a fight with you, so to fight one you have to the one to start it, so it shouldn't be a problem. They aren't even allowed to do anything that could change the outcome of a round, so you can play as they don't exist.

In 2vs1 unhonorable prey scenario, of course pred will win. Pred is just a faster, beefier beno with more armor and can use gear.
    To kill a pred you either have to play their game of "honor", outsmart them, or outbrute force them. No other way round.

P.S.

Nothing in cm is "realistical". Don't use that argument, just don't. Remember that HEFA order is canon in CM.
    Last edited by CABAL; 11-13-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Preds have no stuns (that they can use normally that is)
    2. They're restricted to melee (except combistick but that's just as hard to hit)

You have to play around these two weaknesses, Glaring examples are warrior, spitter, boxer, agrip shotgun etc.
    *They're* OP but they need to be + that doesn't mean they can't be killed

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrak View Post
    1. Preds have no stuns (that they can use normally that is)
    2. They're restricted to melee (except combistick but that's just as hard to hit)

You have to play around these two weaknesses, Glaring examples are warrior, spitter, boxer, agrip shotgun etc.
    *They're* OP but they need to be + that doesn't mean they can't be killed
    Thats only if you are a worthy prey and pred is hunting you. Otherwise they have stuns and aren't restircted to melee.

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a massive issue of skill TBH. take M39 flamer and kill three preds at once dude.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mfw hit by dat dollar store buckshot
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah