lcarapaica

Marine Name
    Brad Ward

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Clark

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    The model’s name originating from the word “clerc”, denotes a member of a religious order who undertook scribe or secretary duties, Clark was specifically commissioned by the Vatican City and built by Weyland-Yutani industries to fulfill these roles while remaining multi-purpose if necessary, not on Sol where there was a chance of controversy due to the use of Synthetics by the catholic church, but on the outer worlds working directly under colony administrators or religious leaders, which on many occasions happened to overlap. It was made to be a tool, one of assistance to startup colonies and another of information, to ensure the religious status quo remains undisturbed in church-backed expeditions by keeping a clear line of communication with Earth and by extension, the Vatican itself.
    To fulfill these roles and mesh the unit well with different cultural backgrounds, Clark models are designed with an “average young European adult” aesthetic in mind, including a passive personality that includes.
    - A calm and friendly demeanor, avoids conflict in conversations, and prefers to suggest solutions instead.
    - Emulates interest in the crew’s day as the primary method of supervision and information gathering.
    - Use of formal civilian speech rather than a military one, refers to the crew by their surnames.
    - Eager on involving manners of faith in conversations (not only religion but also covers desires and motivation as to know what drives the crew).
    - Regularly shifts questions about being synthetic, as people generally avoid talking about faith with synthetics.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    There is simply much to be said about the enjoyment one can derive from the support side of the game, being that helping hand to any player that needs it to accomplish a specific task, regardless of success or failure the experience itself and teamwork that it implies have always been heavy motivators and the reason why I play support roles, specifically requisitions.
    Why whitelist me? Because I’m confident I can provide an overall positive experience to other players and am very aware of the role’s benefits and limitations, including the RP and OOC responsibilities of holding the whitelist.

Synthetic Character Story
    Colonial requisition, the tale of how Clark ended in service of the USCM.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xZSSwUaE/edit#

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Most of my hours in the department have been as a squad engineer, however, I am also familiar with the shipside aspects of the OB and the OT workshop.
    - FOB set up, starting with comms, moving to a basic, enclosed layout to avoid ambusher castes then expanding upon it.
    - Fixing the colony, including reactors, SMEs, floodlights, filtration, sensor towers.
    - Construction, deconstruction, hacking, APC fixing, cameras, vehicle repair.
    - OB loading and chambering, CAS setup.
    - While not an expert, can build each type of ordnance from the OT workshop.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Over my many low pop RO rounds I’ve been called to do solo CIC if needed or when a SO requires assistance, I am familiar with the mechanics and trust myself to keep marines informed so they can be more aware and make better decisions.
    - Overwatch consoles, cubicle, and tac map use.
    - Firing OB/supply drops (Aware that synths are not allowed to fire the OB).
    - Understand the value of communication and listening to all channels.
    - Using the announcement to relay concise but important information and to demonstrate that command is operational.
    - Since PO falls under command, I know how to pilot the dropships, use the auto feature, and medevac/fulton.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Squad medic and doctor are both roles I’m very experienced in and consider myself skillful enough to manage a stressful solo situation either at the front or at shipside medbay.
    - Basic triage prioritizing no marine going perma, then ensuring medics can help treat other wounded and finally going by rank.
    - The medic procedure of helping a downed marine up to muscle memory.
    - Chemistry (with proper labeling of dosage per pill), including cryo-tubes and UNGA juice.
    - All surgeries, including prosthetics and autodoc use.
    - While not the most familiar, can assist in chemical analysis, synthesis of stims, and hydroponics in research.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know a little bit of requisitions. Seriously though, I consider myself to be the most up to date player in terms of 2021 requisitions and have a good handle of the department.
    - Manning the req line, round start crates, ASRS ordering, and supply pad use.
    - Commonly asked for misc. item locations not found in req.
    - Listening in all squad/shipside channels for req related information and in the same vein, communicating about supply drops properly.
    - Requisitions etiquette such as leaving the stamps and supply drop coordinates in visible places for easy access.
    - I am very aware of the effort and supply needed to provide certain results, especially when it comes to special plans made by command and the best ways to approach them.
    - Lore implications of req not only as supply but their role in securing equipment properly and knowing what role has the right to be assigned certain items.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Self-preservation of myself or another when peaceful solutions or withdrawing aren’t an option is key when choosing to engage in combat.
    -Engaging in lethal combat against ambusher castes to force them to withdraw when backed into a corner or to recover a revivable (not DNR) marine.
    -Engaging in non-lethal combat with the intent of disabling the attacker if assaulted by neutral / Almayer personnel when it threatens another's life (if the attack is only against me, I’d disengage and call the MPs if able) or cases of self-harm where immediate action is required.

During delta alert I am aware of the looser combat restriction, however, my goal would still be ensuring the holdout effort doesn’t stall due to injured marines and fixing comms, especially since the melee restriction not only limits my combat effectiveness but the marines line of fire.

Mutinies deserve their own mention, while my focus is ensuring the wellbeing of officers and personnel at direct risk of it, I am also allowed non-lethal methods of incapacitation.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Here are my main playtimes: https://imgur.com/a/i5OkLZ5
    Apologies the story was longer than average, cm lore is one of my favorite aspects of the game, a special thank you to those that gave me feedback on how I could improve my app.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 great RPer, knows medical and most roles, especially support ones, in the game well. CiC I think is the only area I haven't really seen them in too much, but they have been aCO quite a few times simply due to their time as an RO main.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 I can personally attest to Brad's competency to all support roles related to medical, engineering, and req.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool guy literally taught me my first role (req) +1 can’t wait to ask you to ask the pope to okay a xeno crusade.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An active, reasonably long-time player who's excellent at all support roles. Good app made by a good player and a good RPer as well. This is why the synth whitelist exists.

A big +1 from me.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute gamer and a chill guy who is super competent at everything support, although is a bit humble about his RO experience!

+1 from me!

deffo someone perfect for synfin, althougt I hope we still see Brad around when ya get accepted!
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best roleplayers and robust marines in auxiliary roles in the community. The story suggests he understood the guidelines. A cool and interesting addition to the WL, as it differs slightly from other religious synth quirks, +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great at RP. Always in character. One of the people that I know can keep things in character. +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most solid player I can think of, easy +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its brad, +1

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler: