User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lcarapaica - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you're compotent +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I know you are a very competent and capable support role player with a variety of experience in basically every role, including being a very robust engineer who knows his cade placements.

I liked the story, but I have some questions about scenarios you might run into while interacting with marines. No super long answers needed, just a general outline of how you'd react.

1. You get lunged by a warrior, slashed a few times, then flung back into the marine lines. A PFC helps you up, says "that looked bad, must have hurt. Need me to help patch you up?" How do you respond?

2. You join late into the round and find in front of you what might be the shittest fob known to man. Honestly it's a miracle it's not swarming with 5 lurkers trying to get shipside. Frontline's pretty far away so you know you have time to fix it up, what do you say to the engineers and marines there who think that it's a robust fine defence?

3. You join late, start gearing up, pushy command staff and marines start demanding you explain why you're not groundside, what's your answer?

4. You're chatting with a marine on the DS before launch, and he asks you to tell him something about yourself, how do you respond?

5. You're alone walking to the front line, a lurker comes out of invis and shouts at you "Come to hive, Queen wants to talk, OR WE KILL YOU", how do you react?
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Okay, I know you are a very competent and capable support role player with a variety of experience in basically every role, including being a very robust engineer who knows his cade placements.

I liked the story, but I have some questions about scenarios you might run into while interacting with marines. No super long answers needed, just a general outline of how you'd react.

1. You get lunged by a warrior, slashed a few times, then flung back into the marine lines. A PFC helps you up, says "that looked bad, must have hurt. Need me to help patch you up?" How do you respond?

2. You join late into the round and find in front of you what might be the shittest fob known to man. Honestly it's a miracle it's not swarming with 5 lurkers trying to get shipside. Frontline's pretty far away so you know you have time to fix it up, what do you say to the engineers and marines there who think that it's a robust fine defence?

3. You join late, start gearing up, pushy command staff and marines start demanding you explain why you're not groundside, what's your answer?

4. You're chatting with a marine on the DS before launch, and he asks you to tell him something about yourself, how do you respond?

5. You're alone walking to the front line, a lurker comes out of invis and shouts at you "Come to hive, Queen wants to talk, OR WE KILL YOU", how do you react?
    1. I would default into a variation of "I'm just a bit shaken, no worries I can handle it", then move into a more secluded corner to repair (pref. near a barricade or structure to make it seem as if I'm repairing it / keeping watch).

2. "I'm a bit concerned about the barricades here, maybe we could move them a bit forward to give marines more space? / I see what you're doing here, but the APC needs an entrance, maybe a gap here? / the defenses here are good, but this wall could be torn down, maybe move the defense to this chokepoint." always framing it in a non-abrasive way.

My focus would be on demonstrating I know what I'm taking about and (if they seem willing to cooperate), let them know we can improve it TOGETHER, to be someone they can rely on to work as a team and not a bossing around situation (specially since I'm very aware of the constant berating / lack of motivation FOB-builders suffer aside from the lack of materials).

3. Acting apologetic even if I had no blame, a simple "Apologies, will get right on it, is there anything you need done when I land?" will let them know I'm on it and divert the question to what they need instead, if command staff presses the issue harder, I would say "I became available to assist in the operation not long ago, am gearing up as we speak, is there an urgent problem?"

4. My subject would change depending if I have a conversation starter on me (like a Walkman / cryo items / the current colony map / events that happened so far I could relate to), the idea is to have something to work with and twist the question back at them, if I have none in mind I would turn to. "That's a bit broad, anything specific you want to know?" / "I used to work in a colony before I joined the USCM (possibly go into slight specifics), did you always aim to be a marine?" / "Well Mr. X, even as support personnel I like to be prepared for anything we can find down there (pulling out a melee weapon to impress), and you?

5. I would either. "Apologies, but I'm in a bit of a hurry" and leave before they can cloak again, or if I'm more confident I can get to safety / don't have urgent orders. "Queen? what does she want to talk about?" (deflecting the threat) and go from there.

With xenos de-escalation is a huge part of any attempt at RP, but as an Almayer synth I take my safety as a priority, so let them be the ones to demonstrate they are willing to not harm me. if I were a synthvivor I would be more eager to trust if there's no marines around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    Excellent support player, taught me how to play Req in the first place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Routinely demonstrates creativity and meaningful thought and self-examination in improvement, has always been a mentor and acts as part of a team improving both a learner and himself. Just about the biggest +1 I could give to anyone I know in CM.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question answers were very good, gave me a complete idea of how you'll RP as a synth. For q1 remember that pfcs and the like can repair you much more quickly than you can do so yourself, and in this kind of situation your quirk should not get in the way of efficiency/helping the operation. Anyway, I look forwards to interacting with Clark in-game, +1.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to echo. Brad's an OG and knows his shit. This is just about as easy as a +1 can get.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can personally vouch for this player's competency in medical and requisitions.
    Just know that as synth you're expected to give your all for the operation. Unless it's a menial chore and you have more important things to do you must carry out orders.

+1

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " “I think you are my friend,” the girl answered in a hopeful tone, raising her head to meet Clark's eyes for a brief second before lowering her gaze once again. “I also consider you a friend June, thank you for having faith in me” he responds, "

What would Clark do if June were to suddenly pull out a pistol and try shooting Mr. Davis?

How do you expect to play this quirk ingame? Any ideas you have about showing your personality throughout the round?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most helpful and best support role players I know. Great medic, great RO, competent engineer and I'm sure he will be fine with his roleplay.

Easy +1