User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lcarapaica - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems I'm late for the party! But Brad has always been competent in the roles he plays, and I've seen him make little to no mistakes in what he does. He is great at making friends with people and a sure-fire roleplayer! Easy +1 and will love to see him as a synth!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a question for you, is your PHDs real, Brad?
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    " “I think you are my friend,” the girl answered in a hopeful tone, raising her head to meet Clark's eyes for a brief second before lowering her gaze once again. “I also consider you a friend June, thank you for having faith in me” he responds, "

What would Clark do if June were to suddenly pull out a pistol and try shooting Mr. Davis?

How do you expect to play this quirk in-game? Any ideas you have about showing your personality throughout the round?
    That's quite the situation but Clark would disarm her, since he is the only capable one of stopping the immediate threat, then ask for an explanation, if the hostility continues he would restrain her and make sure that Mr. Davis is alright before engaging in any further dialogue.

When I brainstormed the quirk I had the original intention of keeping the level of engagement with marines I do with Brad, but with a completely different character / attitude / set of rules, I'm familiar to multi-tasking while being able to maintain a conversation so I wanted to preserve that, since groundside chatter is few and far between (specially initiating it, I do find most follow through if you address them directly).

In-game the personality on a surface level would translate to a talkative, very non-threatening and reactive one to current events, keeping a low profile while doing many of the tasks expected of a synth, I want it to feel believable and part of the background while the fighting is going on. It's verbal engagements would be during the downtime in certain actions (welding / suturing / field surgery / backline while idle).

On a deeper and less often level (due to the fast paced nature of CM) the faith part of the quirk would shine in conversation or life threatening scenarios when there's less rush or synth obligations, such as waiting for the Alamo to arrive alongside marines, or a clutch evac off the planet after we finish stabilizing all the wounded and are sweeping through fractures, I want to humanize interactions with synths, a simple "Are you alright?" after an evac goes a long way to give players chances at a more memorable round.

I'm aware the quirk isn't very outwardly, but I do feel if it's consistent enough, it will grow on players and become it's own thing, specially the implications of a synth that shifts questions about it's nature without lying in an environment where everyone knows it's a synth, (as the USCM would have announced the use of a new synthetic aboard the ship + corresponding ID), unlike it's lore where it's kept covert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
    I can personally vouch for this player's competency in medical and requisitions.
    Just know that as synth you're expected to give your all for the operation. Unless it's a menial chore and you have more important things to do you must carry out orders.

+1
    Thank you for the words, I do want to remark that the moment others are reliant on me to do something. I always take it seriously and do my best to prove that trust isn't misplaced (I know Brad as a character can be conflictive at times, but part of the reason I'm applying is for the change of pace in how I roleplay and the idea being that one person CIC can always trust to carry out their plans is very attractive).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    I got a question for you, is your PHDs real, Brad?
    Harry my friend...... at this point the only PhD I have is "Crate philosophy" in which I ramble 40 pages about the importance of color coding crates and their contents to achieve the perfect balance between compactness + ease in fiding what you're looking for.... that nobody cares about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta throw in my vouch for Brad. Extremely competent in requisitions, roleplays well, and has a personality that will thrive in the synth role. He will be a better robit than I ever was.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is accepted. Brad is a great player who has confidently answered everything thrown at him, and has a decent understanding of synths. Your dialogue feels like its straight out of the movies, which is what we want at the end of the day.

Have fun with the role!
    Synthetic Senator