Phelan
    Their BYOND Key
    Unknown
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    13:00-13:08 Central on 17th of November 2021 approximate
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Abuse of power/preserve round enjoyment/EORG
    Description of the incident
    At the end of the round, the marine force evacuated using lifeboats. I had been repaired by an engineer and started surgery on a marine. I noticed some marines starting to run out the door into space but ignored it as the usually end-round tomfoolery, however I was remote controlled mid-surgery and forced to run out the door, killing me and dooming my patient to death because nobody else was there who could perform surgery to aid him. The server restarted in the few seconds afterward, so I wasn't able to figure out what was going on.
    Evidence
    The only thing I have saved on my end is here https://imgur.com/16AqqJV demonstrating that when the lifeboat launched, the doors had closed. As far as I know, the doors would have had to be opened by an admin, which either caused a decompression mechanic to kill everyone, or allowed for some kind of RC or pushing to start spacing people.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    To not have this kind of thing happen again, unless it's a misunderstanding and the result of a rare/new mechanic. If it was in fact admin EORG, whatever warnings/demotions may be needed to prevent recurrences.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be reporting me, so I'll just change that for you.

Round was 10~ from restarting and the lifeboat doors were open, so I simulated "explosive decompression" and tossed people out of em with throw mode. That's it, really.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, CMP and ''victim'' too, from what I remember the starboard Lifeboat was launch. Everything was normal until the sas were for some reason unbolted and and a marines jokingly push the CO in space, then we were all grab 1 by 1 and toss in space, in the end someone was spawn as a Corporate representative(Dubszor I believe) in the Lifeboat and attempt to throw a crit marines in space, failled then strangle grab him and jump in space.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't see a huge issue here. Simulating certain things using the tools we have can be difficult and clunky. With that said, the doors shouldn't have been opened in the first place.

Resolved - Dubszor has been spoken to about opening the doors without good RP reason, but the use of buildmode to simulate decompression is acceptable in my eyes.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???