Their BYOND Key
    lunarflu
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    13-00 central US time
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    Description of the incident
    I was in the back of the front behind some walls healing myself as sentinel. Seeing that there was only one drone and hive and following my disgust to sentinel caste, I decided to quickly switch from it to my beloved drone to build some walls, block APC and have a pleasant evening. I went behind the walls where T3s were healing themselves, de-evolved from sentinel and after 20 seconds of running from side to side between walls, evolved into drone. In about 3 seconds I was PM'ed by lunarflu with question "Why are you frontlining as larva?". I said to him that I was behind some walls, nobody shot at me and I didn't even see any enemies not being immediately killed by other xenos. He ignored all my arguments and just stated the fact that I am being banned for 3 hours.

Previously I got the note for "frontlining as larva", but that was a month ago and I then I really went to fob alone on purpose. Now I wasn't in danger and I wasn't "frontlining".

I had to cut out the sound from video due to some music playing, but I did some audible emotes as soon as I de-evolved to those xenos that were nearby and didn't emote anymore.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    Demote him from trial mods back to mentor or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also video on streamable if you don't want to download it. https://streamable.com/3hyuo8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite Frontline being dangerous and bad place for larva, I was not in direct sight from the main marine force, nor was I shot at with mortar, cas or by scout from invis. Couple of days ago I joined as larva in hive on the same map, fiorina, and almost immediately died because one single engineer sneaked up there and threw incendiary nade into spawn pool seconds before I clicked the "join as xeno" button. So the hive can't be 100% safe at all. Moreover, the rule about xeno rp standards doesn't strictly prohibit being on the front as larva - it just says that lthey should typically stay in hive to not die before evolving. I was not in any danger, I wasn't seen by enemy and wasn't even killed. There were no orders for me to go back to hive due to posing my life in danger and no parties were affected by me just sitting there for a minute. And yet, I was banned for just existing near frontline, waiting a minute for timer to end. I had no malicious intent and wasn't interested in dying, wasting lavra. I was ready to retreat at any sign of danger. The ban, as I see it, was just for the sake of it. There was no need to ban me midround from game for deevolving, but I was banned and my arguments for common sense were ignored. The fact that I was banned shows complete lack of game understanding from that trial moderator - and is evidence for his unpreparedness and inability to act thoughtfully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [[[LOGS]]]

TGUI: ie33 (as Sentinel (RA-21-Z0) at 85,88,3)

2021/11/18: [13:38:03]HIVEMIND: IE33/(Larva (21)) : We drive east
    2021/11/18: [13:38:28]HIVEMIND: IE33/(Larva (21)) : Can APC break regular resin walls?

2021/11/18: [13:38:41]TGUI: ie33 (as Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0) at 92,92,3)

2021/11/18: [13:38:45]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): Why are you frontlining as larva?
    2021/11/18: [13:38:56]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I deevolved on the front
    2021/11/18: [13:39:24]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): QUESTIONS?
    2021/11/18: [13:40:38]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): Can APC break regular resin walls?

2021/11/18: [13:41:23]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): Rules are quite clear, you shouldn't be frontlining as larva. You should go back to the hive at least partially and devolve there. You can die in a few shots as larva.
    2021/11/18: [13:41:42]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I deevolved in a safe spot and remained there for 30 seconds
    2021/11/18: [13:42:54]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): You were within shooting distance by the look of it
    2021/11/18: [13:43:40]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I was behind all the 2x2 anti-APC-walls that I constructed and near the exit, so I wasn't seen nor shot at.

2021/11/18: [13:45:20]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): Later, you came out from behind and were visibly on the frontlines
    2021/11/18: [13:45:38]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I didn't see that I was on the frontlines
    2021/11/18: [13:45:46]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I thought marines retreated

2021/11/18: [13:46:37]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): The issue is, it should never be a problem of "I thought the marines retreated" when you are larva. You should remain in or near the hive until you evolve.
    2021/11/18: [13:47:17]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): Rules Page Rule 2, Roleplay

2021/11/18: [13:47:18]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I couldn't retreat all the way back to the hive to sit there for 30 seconds and then go back all the way to front just for the sake of buildin some walls
    2021/11/18: [13:47:30]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I assumed I was safe and deevolved

2021/11/18: [13:51:52]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): It's not a long time to wait, there could be scouts around / grenade thrown / mortar / sniper, larva is one of the fastest castes.

2021/11/18: [13:52:39]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): That was a long time for me
    2021/11/18: [13:52:51]ADMIN: PM: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera)->IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0)): Seeing as you have a recent note for frontline as larva I'll be giving a three hour ban.

2021/11/18: [13:52:56]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): There wasn't mortar, there wasn't scout and OB just fired

2021/11/18: [13:53:02]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): Rly
    2021/11/18: [13:53:31]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): Did I die as larva? No.
    2021/11/18: [13:53:40]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): Did anyone attack me as larva? No.
    2021/11/18: [13:54:21]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): Therefore I didn't break rule for frontlining as larva. I didn't spawn and went to frontline. I went to backline as sentinel and deevolved to become drone.
    2021/11/18: [13:56:14]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): I have a note for sitting at hive for 15 minutes as larva and then going to LZ1 jungle and dying there.
    2021/11/18: [13:56:37]ADMIN: PM: IE33/(Mature Drone (RA-21-Z0))->Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera): Retreating a bit back to change caste IS NOT A FRONTLINING LAVRA.

2021/11/18: [13:59:46]ADMIN: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera) has edited ie33's notes: Banned by lunarflu|Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Frontlining as larva. Player could be heard emoting as larva close to frontline, and was seen near frontline before evoing. Player admitted they didn't want to retreat to hive and come all the way back. Player was argumentative in PMs, claiming that because they didn't die, and because they didn't rush, but devoed from sentinel, that it didn't count as frontlining.
    2021/11/18: [13:59:46]ADMIN: lunarflu has banned ie33.
    2021/11/18: [13:59:46]ADMIN: Lunarflu/(Amir Al-shabbah Alomera) has edited ie33's notes: Frontlining as larva. Player could be heard emoting as larva close to frontline, and was seen near frontline before evoing. Player admitted they didn't want to retreat to hive and come all the way back. Player was argumentative in PMs, claiming that because they didn't die, and because they didn't rush, but devoed from sentinel, that it didn't count as frontlining.

[EOL]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I died as marine, battle continued somewhat near my corpse, within 1-2 screens.
    I hear a larva emoting ~3 min after I die, so I ghost to see what a larva's doing where frontline just was.

I see this (that is my body with the black balaclava and no helmet).

The larva
    1) was much closer to the frontlines than to the hive
    2) ran out from behind pillar cover to go even closer to frontlines
    3) was emoting, which could possibly have notified a scout, etc

I did not think this was very safe, so I contacted the player to ask them about it.

After talking to the player, based on
    1) player admitting they devolved on the front
    2) player admitting they didn't feel like going back to hive to devolve
    3) use of language such as "I thought marines retreated" and "I assumed I was safe"
    4) player judging rules based on outcome ("did I die?" "did anybody attack me?")
    5) other, less obvious, instances of larva frontlining I've observed staff dealing with
    6) the recent note for frontlining as larva

...I made the call that the player was not being careful enough. I made the call that they were not taking this seriously, so I escalated based on their past notes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say this wouldn't fit the bill for frontlining.

You could be safer, but you *did* devolve for a specific purpose and the video and logs seem to show that there wasn't any obvious threat. I can't hear sound on your video which would've helped to establish whether there was gunfire, but either way I think you were in a sufficiently safe position to mostly be vulnerable to snipers.

I think your explanation + the area you were in it probably would have been more appropriate to leave it or tell you to move somewhere more defensible without any more administrative action.

I'll delete the note for you and feed this back to lunarflu as it was a judgement call, apologies for the ban however it was based off of prior frontlining notes.

Report Resolved: Note will be deleted
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)