Byond ID?
    andynewtry

CM Character?
    Ryan 'reject' smith

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    us. east coast

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    no

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    not anymore

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. I used to trash the am whenever I had to leave, as well as do other dickish things for no reason.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Looks like a ic issue. Not much I can do other than make a note of the incident in case it becomes a recurring issue.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell the "victim" player that they have to report it to the whitelist council, unless it's a mass grief issue, in which case I would check the logs and report the offender myself if it's an issue.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    See if there's a mentor or sea available, either online or offline. If one isn't I would try and offer help ic'ly.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Deny the request, tell them to contact the mod manager or file a report if they believe there is an issue.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Contact the marine (john doe) and explain the issue with the name. Ask them to change it next round and offer to change it for this round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would warn them about the ic issue with this, and ask them to ditch the items.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Warn the survivor about the non-hostile survivor rule. Leave a not on record about the issue with the survivor.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Talk to the mp, see what actually happened. Confirm story using the logs, then if the marine is wrongfully jailed contact the mp, tell them the issue, have the marine moved to the proper cell and sentence, then leave note on mp record. If mp has a record of this, consider a temporary ban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Urge the xenos into a suicide rush for the glory of the queen mother. Tell the marines that if they can't handle this mission then high command pull them out, get a trained team of monkeys to take their place, and garnish the marines paycheck's using the fax machine

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask the medic about it, if they seem confused then I will explain the issue, if they understand what they are doing I will warn them to stop. I will leave a note about the player and continue to watch them.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    It's only eorg if you weren't allowed to kill them during the regular gameplay. I would tell them about this and explain how mvm is eorg, but clf vs m isn't.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Ic marine tomfoolery. I would look at the offenders notes, see if this is a recurring issue, note what happened, and if it keeps happening over rounds I would warn the player.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation, but first I would check the logs, and make sure it went from punch to murder. If it did I would warn the offender and note the incident down. If the offender is noted to do this, then I might consider a three hour ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Find the leader, contact the leader and warn him about the improper mutiny. Inform the other marines in ooc to hold off while we speak to the leader. Explain what the leader needs to do for a proper mutiny, and so long as the leader doesn't ignore us or have a history of doing this we could allow the mutiny to happen properly. I would note the incident down for the player.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    This kind of behavior is shitty and not allowed. Check logs for evidence, warn the player to stop and put a note of the incident. If player has history of this consider temporary ban.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Temporary ban marine, make note of the incident, if this is recurring issue consider permanent ban

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask player if they meant to do that. If they did mean to do it, explain why they can't. Make note of incident. If player has record of doing this consider xeno job ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message them and ask them to try and rp more. If this becomes a serious issue in the round make note of it, if this is a recurring issue consider xeno job ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to the messaged that the xeno hivemind can use words like that, as it relates what the xeno is seeing in terms we can understand. "Metal bird" = dropship so it's fine to say these things.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    So long as there's no event, message commander, warn them of this, and make note. If it's a recurring issue consider temp ban and writing a report to whitelist council.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check logs for proper engagement, check with all parties to see feelings on the issue. If the situation was rp'ed properly, and there was sufficient danger to cause a marine to shoot his fellow soldier, it could be allowed. If it wasn't properly played out, I would make a note on the offenders history and consider temp ban if this was a recurring issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell them this language is against the rules, make note of it, If it keeps happening issue a temporary ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd tell him that it is not something we can do. We cannot take away from someone else's gameplay due to his disconnection or afk.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd message them on discord and talk to them about it. If there's a serious issue I would take it to the higher ups.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If I think there's been misconduct I will report it to the higher ups.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Greater sense of connection to the game, more things to do other than observe as ghost.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Cool headedness. The last thing you want to do is make a hasty and emotional decision, and the last thing a player wants is a dickish angry moderator.

Anything else you
    I'd like to apologize for my old nickname on my main character. It was crude and messed up.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naterator2000 View Post
    On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?[INDENT][I] 6
    This is technically below the minimum activity time required.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. I used to trash the am whenever I had to leave, as well as do other dickish things for no reason.
    Please go into ALOT more detail.

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Looks like a ic issue. Not much I can do other than make a note of the incident in case it becomes a recurring issue.
    Read the answer you were given on your last app. In addition, while they in some cases may be an IC issue, or something you may wish to leave IC, it is also an OOC issue. If something is simply an IC issue, you do not leave a note. Notes are for things that are OOC Issues. Please address the questions asked on your previous app to this question as well.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell the "victim" player that they have to report it to the whitelist council, unless it's a mass grief issue, in which case I would check the logs and report the offender myself if it's an issue.
    Close enough. But just to clarify, if it is a mass grief incident you handle that half of it yourself, presumably with a few days worth of bans. In addition, you inform the Council of this incident as it is of concern to them. WL code of conduct infractions are for the council to handle, however server rule infractions are for you. So LRP announcements for a CO, would be a server rule violation. Illegal BE for a CO, would be a WL code violation.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    See if there's a mentor or sea available, either online or offline. If one isn't I would try and offer help ic'ly.
    Bare minimum, but acceptable. Keep in mind you are a full mentor too as a mod in terms of permissions (tho not responsibilities). Again I cant help but feel you didn't really read the feedback you got last time, or you did and misunderstood it. PM-ing the player was not a wrong answer last time.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Deny the request, tell them to contact the mod manager or file a report if they believe there is an issue.
    Decent answer. Tho the procedure has changed a bit since last time. You do not have to tell them to make a staff report. That said everything else still stands. including the bit that if they don't quit after being denied, you probably should issue the 3h ban, that you seemed to have left out this time.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Contact the marine (john doe) and explain the issue with the name. Ask them to change it next round and offer to change it for this round.
    Ok answer. Do make sure to leave a note about this, even if they are new. The note is there so next time someone different moderator sees them with this name they know they were already talked to.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would warn them about the ic issue with this, and ask them to ditch the items.
    This just seems confusing and possibly even wrong. If you already consider this to be an IC issue, why are you getting involved? Please elaborate in a lot more detail.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Warn the survivor about the non-hostile survivor rule. Leave a not on record about the issue with the survivor.
    Ok answer, tho you may wish to remember there are also victims in this case that could use some attention.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Talk to the mp, see what actually happened. Confirm story using the logs, then if the marine is wrongfully jailed contact the mp, tell them the issue, have the marine moved to the proper cell and sentence, then leave note on mp record. If mp has a record of this, consider a temporary ban.
    Acceptable answer, However, what happens or the mp is in the right? Do you just ignore it? What if the marines is lying do you just ignore it too? I would also advise you to read the answer you got the previous time again.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Urge the xenos into a suicide rush for the glory of the queen mother. Tell the marines that if they can't handle this mission then high command pull them out, get a trained team of monkeys to take their place, and garnish the marines paycheck's using the fax machine
    Decent answer, even tho it is practically an event for which you would probably lack the permissions for. Especially the sending the team of monkeys part, but I like the idea.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask the medic about it, if they seem confused then I will explain the issue, if they understand what they are doing I will warn them to stop. I will leave a note about the player and continue to watch them.
    I feel like you kinda completely ignored the feedback you got on this question last time. This is one of those questions that if you fail you may fail the application. Given that you are making the same mistake on it again, this is very bad for you.
    I will reiterate again. "You never handle cases that you are personally involved in".

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    It's only eorg if you weren't allowed to kill them during the regular gameplay. I would tell them about this and explain how mvm is eorg, but clf vs m isn't.
    Decent answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Ic marine tomfoolery. I would look at the offenders notes, see if this is a recurring issue, note what happened, and if it keeps happening over rounds I would warn the player.
    Decent answer, it is a matter of scale and reason and frequency too. While minor shenanigans are allowed, if those minor shenanigans involve stealing a specs weapon, they are no longer minor, or if they escalate to a brawl.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation, but first I would check the logs, and make sure it went from punch to murder. If it did I would warn the offender and note the incident down. If the offender is noted to do this, then I might consider a three hour ban.
    I feel you misunderstood what checking history meant in the feedback last time. it meant to check the notes, not check the logs. There really is not much point in checking logs once you have an admission. While the answer is good, I can't help but see this as you not really understanding english, which if it was limited to just this question it would be one thing, but things like this are noticeable in other questions too.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Find the leader, contact the leader and warn him about the improper mutiny. Inform the other marines in ooc to hold off while we speak to the leader. Explain what the leader needs to do for a proper mutiny, and so long as the leader doesn't ignore us or have a history of doing this we could allow the mutiny to happen properly. I would note the incident down for the player.
    Ok answer. But what if they don't listen still? Typically, in such a case, the mutiny is shut down. If they didn't follow the procedure, mutiny being denied is pretty much the punishment, or at least a component of it.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    This kind of behavior is shitty and not allowed. Check logs for evidence, warn the player to stop and put a note of the incident. If player has history of this consider temporary ban.
    Good answer.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Temporary ban marine, make note of the incident, if this is recurring issue consider permanent ban
    Good answer. Tho follow escalation rules, rather than moving for a permanent ban directly.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask player if they meant to do that. If they did mean to do it, explain why they can't. Make note of incident. If player has record of doing this consider xeno job ban.
    Good answer.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message them and ask them to try and rp more. If this becomes a serious issue in the round make note of it, if this is a recurring issue consider xeno job ban.
    Ok answer. But you should give them a note for this regardless, it is already at the point where you should.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to the messaged that the xeno hivemind can use words like that, as it relates what the xeno is seeing in terms we can understand. "Metal bird" = dropship so it's fine to say these things.
    Decent answer. (tho the phrase 'messaged' would imply the person saying this, if anything at all, not the person ahelping about it. Again this is one of those language issues that has the potential to cause confusion.)

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    So long as there's no event, message commander, warn them of this, and make note. If it's a recurring issue consider temp ban and writing a report to whitelist council.
    Decent answer.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check logs for proper engagement, check with all parties to see feelings on the issue. If the situation was rp'ed properly, and there was sufficient danger to cause a marine to shoot his fellow soldier, it could be allowed. If it wasn't properly played out, I would make a note on the offenders history and consider temp ban if this was a recurring issue.
    Good answer.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell them this language is against the rules, make note of it, If it keeps happening issue a temporary ban.
    The language itself inst against the rule. Them insulting you is what is against the rules. Please refer to the server rules as instructed to do last time. In particular "Staff members are volunteers and will not tolerate toxicity or hostility during the course of their duties. ". Given this, I have an issue, either you didn't do it or did it and failed to understand the rule, either way, it is bad. I guess arguably it could be a language barrier thing too, but that doesn't make it much better either.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd tell him that it is not something we can do. We cannot take away from someone else's gameplay due to his disconnection or afk.
    Ok answer. but what happens in cases where it only affects him and not others, can you do it then?

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd message them on discord and talk to them about it. If there's a serious issue I would take it to the higher ups.
    Good answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If I think there's been misconduct I will report it to the higher ups.
    Acceptable answer. Tho arguably one of the 2 people will be in the wrong, so there would be misconduct for someone.

Assuming I got the right discord handle, it looks clean. Please provide me with the actual handle if you have one, just to make sure I got the right account.

Recent notes are clean beyond a few eorgs or other minor things, and none in past 30 days.

And no infractions on forums.

While I think I've noticed your character in-game I can't say I am familiar with you. So I won't many any judgment on this aspect at this time.

Your activity and checking your historic activity in the past 2 months is quite sparse. Possibly too sparse.

You relatively clean note history, but with a relatively spare activity, while a good thing is not quite as impressive as it would be for other applicants.

As of this point, the biggest issue to me is the questions. While some are good, others are quite poor. I'm worried by either you ignoring the feedback given last time or misunderstanding it. It is fine if you disagree with it in some specific cases, but this doesn't seem to be what happened.

The other issue seems to be your language skills. While I don't normally see this as an issue in most applications, you are one of the first where I have to ask if perhaps this isn't too much of an issue. Not having proper grammar or spelling is one thing (I did not that you did spellcheck this, however, this lead to funny moments like using the word 'not' instead of 'note'), but when it seems to have resulted in cases where you would say things that you didn't mean to, or worse misunderstood what someone else said. I feel that goes beyond a minor annoyance, or 'just difficult to understand' to actually being a real problem.

Additionally, I have no idea what your grasp of ML is. Perhaps some mods may wish to ask you some follow-up questions on this topic.

As usual, I won't formally vote until questions or follow-ups are addressed, however, I still think I am leaning on a -1, at least this time around.
    Last edited by ito726; 11-20-2021 at 07:13 PM. Reason: ML question
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ito already went over the questions, as well as your worrisome lack of activity/playtime per week. I share most of those thought, but that won't be subject of my comment here for now.

To demonstrate a full grasp on ML and how to handle it as a Moderator, please describe how you would handle these situations below. Remember that, as a Trial Mod, you are NOT allowed to send faxes or able to spawn characters/ERTs. You ARE allowed, however, to ask more senior staff such as SMods and Admins to spawn you/ERTs or send faxes for you to respond to something ICly. In all cases, you are the Moderator responding to the case at hand:

1. A MP faxes HC about the CMP abusing his powers and falsifying evidence. They claim that the CMP is falsely arresting people based on charges that are either exagerrated or entirely made up. There are 3 players allegedly falsely imprisoned through the CMP's incompetence. How do you respond and resolve this situation?

2. You receive an ahelp by 3 different Marine players roughly at the same time complaining about "MPs are flashing the fucking Dropship!". It is green alert and First Drop has not happened yet - Alamo is jam-packed with Marines.

3. A Squad Engineers ahelps that MPs are breaking ML. He says he was taking the WeyMed Vendor from Medical Storage in Medbay before being arrested. You find that the Vendor was indeed taken, and that the door to the room was hacked into by the reporting player.

4. A Marine ahelps that they are being insulted by the Warden who is standing outside the Yard windows. They claim they did nothing to incite this, and provide you with a chat log in which the Warden says "You fucking bitch. You're an actual, useless bitch and whore. What is wrong with you, you faggot."

5. A MP player ahelps and claims they just got shot dead by a Squad Marine after they attempted to apply handcuffs on them. The MP says the Squad Marine was due to be arrested for Major DtGP and DASO.

6. A MT ahelps that MPs are griefing them. When jumping to them while observing, you notice they are on the Alamo Dropship, in cuffs, and flanked by two MPs who performed the arrest. The MP Players both respond to DMs and claim the MT was wanted for Neglect of Duty and FFP for deploying without permission and attempting to frontline outside a secure area. The Alamo is taking off and headed shipside, with the arrested MT and arresting officers on it. What do you do?

Please describe your response to these cases in as much detail as you see fit.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?[INDENT][I] 6 "

I could definitely increase this amount to 8-10 hours every week.

"Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. I used to trash the am whenever I had to leave, as well as do other dickish things for no reason. "

When I first started playing SS13 I would mostly play on regular servers, and I would usually play as a station engineer. I would usually setup the sm for failure whenever I had to leave a round or whenever I was getting bored. I earned multiple bans this way. I cant remember the exact server, it was a while ago and they don't get populated often, but it was probably burger station, beepsky station, or urist mcstation. I would also do a lot of random griefing whenever I would get bored. I would blow things up using the toxins lab, assault random people, or just do really stupid things to ruin other people's round. This was years ago, and I have hopefully grown past my "screw everyone else" phase of ss13. Something else I used to do was go botanist, become a pod person, mass produce killer tomatoes and then release them on the escape shuttle.

"A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Looks like a ic issue. Not much I can do other than make a note of the incident in case it becomes a recurring issue. "

I would check the combat logs and see if there was any conflict before the shooting, if there seems to have been a progression of hit->stab->projectile of some sort then it would remain an IC issue, at that point I would leave it to the MP to deal with the shooter, and medbay to deal with the wounded. If there was no escelation, and it was just a shooting, then it would be grief, and I would be able to Aheal the victim, check the shooters notes for a history of this, and react accordingly. If there isn't a prior history I would message the shooter and tell them that their actions were in violation of rule 10. and make note of this in their history. If the shooter has an issue with this sort of incident I would probably do a three hour ban for this. If the shooter has not done this before, and seems to be confused about anything for the server in their actions IC, I would message them and ask them directly if they are new to Colonial Marines, and if they are I would suggest and offer them to learn the ropes with the SEA if we had one, or for me to help them learn if a SEA was not online and none were available.

"I would warn them about the ic issue with this, and ask them to ditch the items. "

If a player is an MT running around geared, I would assume that they were new to the game, had nothing to do and somehow were permitted to deploy, or that they were up to random shenanigans. I would message them to warn them against it which would let a new player know that its not allowed, do nothing for someone who was permitted to do this, and make it easier to deal with the MT later on should they grief or cause issues because they were already warned ahead of time not to do anything.

"A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Warn the survivor about the non-hostile survivor rule. Leave a not on record about the issue with the survivor. "

Aheal the marine

"You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Talk to the mp, see what actually happened. Confirm story using the logs, then if the marine is wrongfully jailed contact the mp, tell them the issue, have the marine moved to the proper cell and sentence, then leave note on mp record. If mp has a record of this, consider a temporary ban. "

I didn't even consider that. I would tell the MP that he was in the right, and not to worry. I would then warn the Perma player against making false claims in adminhelp is an issue and could lead to issues. I would consider lying to an admin for your own personal gain as griefing. I would check the notes of the offending player and see if this is a common thing, and if it is I would issue a 3 hour ban on the player, If it is not I would make a note of the incident.

"The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Urge the xenos into a suicide rush for the glory of the queen mother. Tell the marines that if they can't handle this mission then high command pull them out, get a trained team of monkeys to take their place, and garnish the marines paycheck's using the fax machine "

The monkey bit wasn't really an actual thing, I would just say that to insult the marines and give them a kick in the pants to do something.

"You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask the medic about it, if they seem confused then I will explain the issue, if they understand what they are doing I will warn them to stop. I will leave a note about the player and continue to watch them. "

I swear on my cats life that I was thinking that exact thing. I went against my better judgment because I assumed that was the answer on my previous application, and that it had been wrong.

"You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Find the leader, contact the leader and warn him about the improper mutiny. Inform the other marines in ooc to hold off while we speak to the leader. Explain what the leader needs to do for a proper mutiny, and so long as the leader doesn't ignore us or have a history of doing this we could allow the mutiny to happen properly. I would note the incident down for the player. "

If the player refuses to listen, then I would consider this grief, damaging the round for all players on the server and directly disobeying a moderator would be grounds for a temporary ban. I would ban the leader of the mutiny for 1 day and warn the remaining members to stop or receive a ban, all players involved with this mutiny would be given notes. I don't know if I would have to message each player directly, or if I could say something in OOC, but either way I would make sure each "mutineer" knew the consequences of continuing. If anyone was killed by the fake mutiny I would Aheal them.

"A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd tell him that it is not something we can do. We cannot take away from someone else's gameplay due to his disconnection or afk"

It would depend on how big of an action must be taken. I know that when my own connection drops my character can keep running in a direction until it reconnects. If a player does this and gets crushed by dropship or runs out of the ds somehow and dies in space, there's nothing I could do, there's even less I can do if its mid to late round. If it's something small like internet causing you to spawn in as the wrong character or the wrong role, then I would probably let the player cryo then respawn, especially if its early into the round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. This was an IC addressed issue, given none of the prisoners have Ahelped this would be a issue that should be IC resolved. First I would try and get an inspector sent for rp reasons, someone to watch all the MP branch, and make sure they follow protocol. The inspector would take random notes, actually look into the issue, and try to RP the whole thing. If there is an issue with the CMP then the inspector would tell them to release any wrongfully imprisoned players if the crimes are false, or punish the prisoners for the correct crimes with time already served removed from the new sentence. If i cannot get an inspector sent, I would ask for a fax to be sent to the MP asking them to collect evidence to send to HC. If the MP collects evidence that proves the CMP is at fault, I would again ask for a fax to be sent, one to the CMP detailing their wrongdoings and giving them the proper steps to fix the situation, and another to the commander, also telling them the issue and telling them what the CMP must do, and asking the commander to ensure that this happens. In all situations above the CMP must be charged with prevarication, and possibly the other MP's who didn't report the issue, depending on whether they knew about it and if they participated in it. In the previous scenarious I would check the MP's history for notes related to not following marine law, and either add a note or temp ban them for this. If this is a serious issue where temp banning doesn't stop them from doing this, I will job ban. If i cannot send a fax, cannot get anyone sent to the ship, and no one has Ahelped, then I am simply unable to do anything.

2. I can definitely solve this one in OOC. First I would check the logs to see if the MP's actually flashed the alamo, and if they did was the proper arrest procedure followed? If the MP's did not flash the alamo then I would tell the marines that ahelped that the MP's have done nothing. If the MP's did flash the alamo I would ask one of the flashers if they were trying to arrest a criminal. If it's no then they would be committing the crime of disorderly conduct, which I would ask for a fax to be sent to command or the CMP listing the perpetrators and the crimes they committed. If there was a target for arrest I would check to make sure that proper arrest procedure was followed, and if it was then there's no issue, and I can tell the Ahelp marines that there was no issue with the MP actions. If the MP failed to follow proper arrest procedure I would message them to remind them to follow it, check the MP's history for notes related to arrest procedure, and either add a note or temp ban them for this. If this is a serious issue where temp banning doesnt work I will job ban

3. I would ask the engineer how the MP are breaking marine law? If the engineer in question had permission from the CMO or Commander to break into medbay and remove the equipment, and the MP were told of this ship modification, then there is no issue with what the engineer did. If the engineer did not have the permission or failed to notify the MP then the engineer is at fault, and should be arrested. If the engineer had all of these things and then the MP arrested them still then the MP may be neglecting their duty, as they should have listened to the engineer say they had permission, or payed attention when the engineers actions were told to them. If this is the case then I would ask for a fax sent to the CMP or Commander telling them about the MP shortcomings, the crime committed, and the steps to remedy the situation. If the engineer was breaking the law, the only possible issue could be failure to follow arrest procedure. If this is the case I would ask a fax be sent to the CMP reminding them the importance of following marine law when arresting someone in order to prevent further issues like these.

4. First and Foremost I would find what the Warden actually said, and if the warden actually used those slurs I would message the warden and tell them that what they said was in violation of rule 3. I would check the Wardens notes and see if this is a recurring issue. If it is not a recurring issue I would make a note of this, if it is a recurring issue I would ban them for 3 hours for this. After the Warden is dealt with, online or banned, I would not be able to do much about the warden insulting the prisoner. The right to protection could possibly cover this, but I think that would be a stretch. I would tell the prisoner that the warden is allowed to insult the prisoner and there is nothing admin can do besides warn him about his choice of words.

5. I would check the logs and see if proper escalation was followed, if not then I do the process of checking the offending players history and warning and noting, or possibly banning, if it was grief then the MP could be Ahealed. If there was proper escalation then I would see this as an IC issue, as the marine will almost certainly end in Perma or executed, and the MP will almost certainly be revived.

6. I would ask the MT to clarify how the MP "griefed" him. If there is a legitimate issue that goes against the server rules I would go through the process of warning the MP and checking their history to see what action needs to be taken, and then undoing whatever was done to the MT as grief. If the MP didn't actually grief, I would ask the MP if proper arrest procedure was followed. If it wasn't I will check the MP's history for notes related to arrest procedure, and either add a note or temp ban them for this. If this is a serious issue where temp banning doesnt work I will job ban. If the MT wasnt actually griefed, and the MP followed proper procedure, then I would tell the MT that he isn't being griefed, but is in fact being arrested for breaking marine law. I would continue to say that if the charges against them are false, they can appeal them and be proven innocent, and getting the person who "ratted" arrested. If theres no grief and the MP are doing their job properly, then this is entirely and IC issue and there is no need for moderator intervention at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. This was an IC addressed issue, given none of the prisoners have Ahelped this would be a issue that should be IC resolved. First I would try and get an inspector sent for rp reasons, someone to watch all the MP branch, and make sure they follow protocol. The inspector would take random notes, actually look into the issue, and try to RP the whole thing. If there is an issue with the CMP then the inspector would tell them to release any wrongfully imprisoned players if the crimes are false, or punish the prisoners for the correct crimes with time already served removed from the new sentence. If i cannot get an inspector sent, I would ask for a fax to be sent to the MP asking them to collect evidence to send to HC. If the MP collects evidence that proves the CMP is at fault, I would again ask for a fax to be sent, one to the CMP detailing their wrongdoings and giving them the proper steps to fix the situation, and another to the commander, also telling them the issue and telling them what the CMP must do, and asking the commander to ensure that this happens. In all situations above the CMP must be charged with prevarication, and possibly the other MP's who didn't report the issue, depending on whether they knew about it and if they participated in it. In the previous scenarious I would check the MP's history for notes related to not following marine law, and either add a note or temp ban them for this. If this is a serious issue where temp banning doesn't stop them from doing this, I will job ban. If i cannot send a fax, cannot get anyone sent to the ship, and no one has Ahelped, then I am simply unable to do anything.
    Not a very good response. MPs, and the CMP above all have to obey ML OOCly. If the CMP is reported to be making up charges to imprison random people then that is NOT an IC issue, but definitely an OOC one. While usually you can get away with responding to these types of things ICly by sending Provosts, in this case there are 3 players whose round is being griefed by them being put in Brig for no reason. You should be DMing the CMP, and ask them why they're doing what they're doing, and why they're imprisoning those people. You should also check the CMP's notes for these kinds of ML shenanigans as MP in the past. Given the severity of the situation, a MP jobban is most likely warranted as this is not a 'oops, I messed up, haha sorry' situation, but rather grief and complete disregard of MP rules we've set.

The fact that none of the Prisoners ahelped is irrelevant. You don't HAVE to wait for an ahelp from someone to start investigating a situation that you're suspicious of. If people are fine with something they'll tell you when you DM them. In this case however you DID get a fax, in which the MPs are asking for you to investigate. A Provost investigation is most likely too slow to salvage this, as people's rounds are being screwed over by the CMP. When you see an OBVIOUS issue, but nobody ahelps, you are not 'unable to do anything'. That is an absolutely wrong mindset for a Moderator.

2. I can definitely solve this one in OOC. First I would check the logs to see if the MP's actually flashed the alamo, and if they did was the proper arrest procedure followed? If the MP's did not flash the alamo then I would tell the marines that ahelped that the MP's have done nothing. If the MP's did flash the alamo I would ask one of the flashers if they were trying to arrest a criminal. If it's no then they would be committing the crime of disorderly conduct, which I would ask for a fax to be sent to command or the CMP listing the perpetrators and the crimes they committed. If there was a target for arrest I would check to make sure that proper arrest procedure was followed, and if it was then there's no issue, and I can tell the Ahelp marines that there was no issue with the MP actions. If the MP failed to follow proper arrest procedure I would message them to remind them to follow it, check the MP's history for notes related to arrest procedure, and either add a note or temp ban them for this. If this is a serious issue where temp banning doesnt work I will job ban
    Ironically you want to solve this one OOCly rather ICly and the previous one vice-versa, when you can probably solve this by having a Provost Team dispatched to investigate and punish the MPs (assuming they were at fault).

MPs are not allowed to toss flashbangs while on green alert unless they are actively in distress. Since this is most likely a Dropship arrest, and people will shove and tackle the MPs, they may have resorted to a Flashbang as a result of that. But you don't know that unless you investigate - in this case, you completely gloss over DMing the Marines and MPs about their side of the story, about what actually went down. The Marines may tell you that 'a MP opened the doors and flashbanged us out of nothing, we didn't do anything' but the MPs may tell you they had gotten shoved for a solid minute and were trying to arrest someone on the Dropship wanted for attempted murder. You should use attack logs to SUPPORT these claims in DMs. DO NOT simply look at attack logs and form an opinion solely on them and them alone. That 100% does not work and will lead to you getting a staff report. DMing players about an incident is literally part of our Staff Guidelines and the fact you don't even mention it here is worrying.

If MPs are wrongly using flashbangs on green alert then dispatching a Provost team to investigate and order them arrested works, or having a fax sent to the CMP to have them arrested. If the responsible MPs have no relevant notes, then a job ban isn't necessary and you can leave a note about this incident for future reference. If they do have a note history relevant to this, you may elevate to a MP job ban that they can appeal.

3. I would ask the engineer how the MP are breaking marine law? If the engineer in question had permission from the CMO or Commander to break into medbay and remove the equipment, and the MP were told of this ship modification, then there is no issue with what the engineer did. If the engineer did not have the permission or failed to notify the MP then the engineer is at fault, and should be arrested. If the engineer had all of these things and then the MP arrested them still then the MP may be neglecting their duty, as they should have listened to the engineer say they had permission, or payed attention when the engineers actions were told to them. If this is the case then I would ask for a fax sent to the CMP or Commander telling them about the MP shortcomings, the crime committed, and the steps to remedy the situation. If the engineer was breaking the law, the only possible issue could be failure to follow arrest procedure. If this is the case I would ask a fax be sent to the CMP reminding them the importance of following marine law when arresting someone in order to prevent further issues like these.
    This is an IC issue. Engineers stealing a Medical Vendor happens literally every round, and unless they did in fact get approval from the CMO or aCO, they're committing theft and DTGP for hacking the door. If the Engineer had gotten approval but was arrested, then they can say so to the MPs and/or appeal his brig sentence. You may check the notes of the arresting MP to see if they have any bad notes about making false arrests, and if so, you may want to have a talk with them. Outside of that, this is a complete and utter IC issue. If the Engi has permission and gets arrested, he'll be shouting as much anywho.

4. First and Foremost I would find what the Warden actually said, and if the warden actually used those slurs I would message the warden and tell them that what they said was in violation of rule 3. I would check the Wardens notes and see if this is a recurring issue. If it is not a recurring issue I would make a note of this, if it is a recurring issue I would ban them for 3 hours for this. After the Warden is dealt with, online or banned, I would not be able to do much about the warden insulting the prisoner. The right to protection could possibly cover this, but I think that would be a stretch. I would tell the prisoner that the warden is allowed to insult the prisoner and there is nothing admin can do besides warn him about his choice of words.
    A simple note and ticking off is probably not ok in this case. You have a Warden (i.e. an MP role) actively insulting and harassing a Prisoner. Not only that, but a player harassing another player and using OOCly unacceptable slurs such as 'faggot' and calling them a 'useless bitch and whore' is not at all ok. You should double check with the Warden while also asking the Prisoner. You want to hear both ends of the story, about why the Warden said what he did. Ideally, try and see if there is a third party who saw this, as well, and get their input also.

In almost all cases, the Warden eats a ban for this. We don't tolerate using things like 'faggot' and we don't tolerate harassment of players against players either, which this almost certainly seems to be. A 24 Hour to 3 Day ban is likely appropriate for this. This is not an IC issue if the Warden is using the slurs he did, and is doing so without any concrete reason. While insulting players is not an OOC break, doing so without reason and just to throw slurs at them, is.

5. I would check the logs and see if proper escalation was followed, if not then I do the process of checking the offending players history and warning and noting, or possibly banning, if it was grief then the MP could be Ahealed. If there was proper escalation then I would see this as an IC issue, as the marine will almost certainly end in Perma or executed, and the MP will almost certainly be revived.
    You keep eluding to checking logs, but never refer to actually just... DMing and talking to people. That's a HUGE thing for me to note, as you seem to want to make up your mind based on attack logs alone. That doesn't work. At all.

Checking the notes for both sides is not wrong, and in the case of the Marine it was show you that they have a history of Improper Escalation/Grief. You elude to Escalation, but that is almost impossible since MPs have to use non-lethals for arrests. If an MP was beating someone with, say, a baton on harm intent then the MP would be breaking the law themselves.

Thus, the most likely outcome here is that the Marine was due to be arrested, and simply shot the MP as they tried to do so, then ran off. That's Improper Escalation and Grief. You should be applying a 3 Hour Ban on this standalone if they have no notes, and escalate appropriately if they do have notes relevant for Grief and IE. The MP receives an aheal due to being griefed. This is not an IC issue, as people aren't allowed to simply shoot MPs dead whenever they like.

6. I would ask the MT to clarify how the MP "griefed" him. If there is a legitimate issue that goes against the server rules I would go through the process of warning the MP and checking their history to see what action needs to be taken, and then undoing whatever was done to the MT as grief. If the MP didn't actually grief, I would ask the MP if proper arrest procedure was followed. If it wasn't I will check the MP's history for notes related to arrest procedure, and either add a note or temp ban them for this. If this is a serious issue where temp banning doesnt work I will job ban. If the MT wasnt actually griefed, and the MP followed proper procedure, then I would tell the MT that he isn't being griefed, but is in fact being arrested for breaking marine law. I would continue to say that if the charges against them are false, they can appeal them and be proven innocent, and getting the person who "ratted" arrested. If theres no grief and the MP are doing their job properly, then this is entirely and IC issue and there is no need for moderator intervention at this time.
    IC issue. The only thing that could be a OOC issue here is if MPs ran outside the FOB to arrest the MT, though they are allowed to do so if in hot pursuit. If the MT thinks he wasn't illegally deploying or Frontlining, then he can appeal his case. If he claims he got permission from the CE, then he should tell the CE on Comms to speak up and inform the MPs as such. This is not something OOCly relevant.

Overall, your answers are very, very poor. You demonstrate a lackluster knowledge of our Staff Protocols, primarily about DMing players, as well as a limited understanding of Marine Law, which is CRUCICAL to CM Staff. As such, I'll be leaving this with a -1. You aren't ready for this yet, and I suggest you study our Staff Guidelines more, take all the criticism here to heart, and play some MP roles to get knowledgeable about ML.
    Last edited by LilPenpusher; 11-21-2021 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Less eye-blistering red tone.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in regards to the follow-up addressed to me, the answers are a lot better. They aren't necessarily 'right' but they are at least acceptable. In particular, the mutiny one the bans issues are a bit excessive and issued under the wrong rule, Rule 0.2 applies at that point. Language is better, however, there are still errors there that a simple spellchecker would find.

Preemptively warning people like in the case of the mt, is a bit too 1984, you could probably LOOC inform them and warn them informally if you wish, at best, but formally warning them would not be ok.

Regarding the ML questions. Im sorry, but they are not that great. In addition to what penpusher said, they read like autogenerated text at times. Saying I will follow the rules in a lot more words still amounts to saying I will follow the rules, which while is great, we are kinda asking here what are the rules. This to me indicates a relatively large lack of familiarity.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some tips based on your answers.
    1) cross check LOGS and PMs and WITNESSES

Did somebody say they only bodyblocked for a moment? Look at logs, see if another player yelled at them multiple times to move, talk to the other player, look at damage logs near supposed block.

2) Try applying for discord volunteer

Discord volunteer is a good way to gain experience about the flow of handling situations in general. You have zero previous moderation experience and Moderator requires following certain protocols, so the concern here is you are diving in too quickly without being aware of the consequences. Here's some benefits of being volunteer:

- You'll quickly pick up knowledge along the way
    - It won't take up a lot of your time
    - It gives easy, quick communication between yourself and staff

In your case, if you practice learning how staff interact with the community, then I think you'll better be able to decide for yourself whether you want to take on the responsibility of being a mod or not.
    Feel free to hit me up on discord if you have any questions about discord volunteer
    lunarflu#4812

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application denied.

As was outlined in the above posts, your activity and lackluster responses makes me feel like you are not ready to actively contribute as staff. Overall I'd chalk it up just to lack of experience in the server in general. I am fairly confident that as time goes by a lot of this should come more naturally.

You are free to reapply in 30 days.
    Senior Administrator