User Tag List

Thread: New enemy ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New enemy ideas

Which was inspired by other games.

I saw some rounds here where an extra enemy was there be it a predator or other human factions. As an admin pointed out, it is not really an event as all it does it removes some of the forces to fight said third faction. As I mentioned in my previous post, fighting a predator is the most un fun thing I can think about in this game and fighting other factions are just people shooting off screen in the dark which is again annoying if anything. Half of the time I can't even see of they are enemy or not and if I spend more than 1 second observing them, they already killed me (if they haven't done so off screen anyway).

So why not implement a different type of enemy? Regular SS13 has blob, it would be amazing to have on the ship or on the planet. Both sides would have to defend their territory from that. Or make a massive fire spreading that can not be put out so it forces the battlefield to move accordingly.

You could also add 1 strong enemy that wants to kill both factions, but it has to be super slow, like 1/5th speed of a queen. Now that would be fun to fight as both sides. Make it spam fire if needed also.

Why are devs not adding enemies that are fun to fight? Somewhere is read here fun is not allowed. Is that true or it's just a meme? Please give blob a go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you schizophrenic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should add naruto shippuden from fortnite and also mashter cheef john halo as well. We can save cm13 guys trust me here

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thrid faction that is enemy to others sounds cool... On paper.

The thing that makes it lame and broken is that xenos are inheretly a mobile force, while marines are inheretly stationary.
    Benos can have hive anywhere and if they get overwhelmed to the point of their structures being destroyed, they can just tunnel to fuck off to the other end of a map.
    Marines can't do such thing. First is the fixed LZ position, second is resource investment. While benos regenerate plasma, marines don't regenerate metal. If marines get overwhelmed, they evac and thats about it. Potentially they could just wait it a bit out on the Almayer and then somehow return when the other two factions battle it out a bit, but that on the other hand would give them unfair adventage.

From the experience of a couple thrid faction events that were (poorly, but still) made and predators every round, marines get the shaft everytime. Thats because of their low mobility. Hostile preds would hunt marines, another hive would hunt marines, another human faction would fight marines, zombies would fight marines (can't blame them on this front, zombies have no chance against even fucking drone), everything would fight marines, because fighting benos is harder and fighting marines is easier.

Blob idea, for example, in CM has no right to be fun for anyone.
    Its impossible to make blob good against both benos and marines, while not being overpowered for anyone. Ability given to counter benos would just straight up delete marines. Ability given to counter APC would straight up delete benos.

The only way I can see thrid faction working would be if we had specially designed map for that. 3 bases, each on the opposite ends and 3 fairly linear and a bit narrow (maybe 24 tiles, which is 3 whole screens) hallways between them. Then it would be balanced in a way that no side gets their adventage and disadventage abused too much. In that case, it wouldn't matter that much that marines always have immobile base and xenos would be forced to have one. Then it would be cool. Otherwise it wouldn't.

Ask around anyone who took part in such events. On regular maps they suck ass, unless said thrid faction appears after xenos got wiped out, or nearly got wiped out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strobbers View Post
    Are you schizophrenic?
    As the name suggests, only a retard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post