November 11, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Aleksei Volkov
    Their BYOND Key
    lilpenpusher
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1500-1600 US Central
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions
    2. Investigate the situation
    Description of the incident
    Reason: Griefing - As CL, roleplayed being a UPP Spy and got caught by MPs. Later, UPP boarded en masse and ship went to Delta Alert. Warden uncuffed them, and the player immediately killed the Warden with a baseball bat, stealing their ID and gun and letting them Perma. They logged off before any DMs could be exchanged. Issuing 3 Hour Ban..
    This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 180 minutes.

At roundstart I rolled Corporate Liason, and sent a message to the UPP which I erroneously put in a file cabinet rather than burning. I also erroneously trusted a marine with this information. I was ratted out to the MPs and caught. Pretty much thinking my round is over considering it was subterfuge I was thinking of breaking out. After I crafted a baseball bat to do so and went to hide it in the bathroom MP Seraphine Decarte showed up to look inside, I attempted to put her in a coffin (contingency plan) and that didn't work as planned. Afterwards, MP Seraphine Decarte for one reason or another failed to contain me within my jail cell, probably misclicking open yard instead of activate flash, and I ran back to the bathroom using my only chance to escape. I attacked the MP Seraphine Decarte landing a total of two hits, I had failed to subdue them. She put me back into my jail cell and said I would be getting major disorderly - I thought ok. Then ARES said theres one 1 xeno on his scan and I decided the round was over anyway and I ghosted, not much else I could really do at that point. Then admins started calling for ERT squads (UPP platoons and such) and I asked for an admin to be put back in my body. Upon being put back in my body was WHEN THE DELTA ALERT WAS ACTIVATED and I was let go. A UPP showed up and killed Seraphine Decarte, ignoring me. I did not harm her. I decided the best choice of action would be for me to evac because I assumed the ERT wasnt because of my fax but just admins doing stuff, so I took Seraphine's the wardens ID and left her there considering the dangerous situation onboard. I did not let them perma as I died shortly thereafter to the very same UPP in the briefing room, unfortunately I dont have a screenshot of the location of my body.

This note and ban are erroneous in many ways.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/DjwCQTM
    This shows that
    A. I was online
    B. I did not receive any messages
    What resolution are you seeking?
    I would like the note removed or the very least amended to fit the actual situation.
    I am personally not very pleased with the Tmod's actions either. It seems like griefing by itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to add a few things regarding griefing and/or self-antagging:
    https://i.imgur.com/MCzbsaJ.png
    Is the fax I sent to UPP. It states that I will not engage in direct subterfuge and my primary mission is intelligence gathering, which I was going to have research do for me. Basically the same thing any CL would do for W-Y (sending samples, drug recipes etc), and my intention that if for example a drug seizure squad was dispatched by W-Y I would be able to pit them against USCM through rules allowed by the server or an ahelp regarding any questions.
    As for primary evidence towards me not killing Seraphine Decarte: how could I bring the baseball bat back with me after being dragged to my cell? There were more than enough weapons laying around I could have used to kill Seraphine, but my primary objective was to escape as I messed up the language options for my CL character and couldn't talk to UPP anyway.
    I would also like to know if the ahelp (if there was one) stated that I killed Seraphine, because that would be lying in ahelps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff In question here.

So, I agree that this situation was a bit erroneous, actually. You talked up about your ban in #staff-help and I told you I could not find your ckey online during my investigations. Trustscience DMed me and told me that this was probably because of a bug with the Player Panel, and it not refreshing properly. I wasn't aware of that as a Trial Mod, so me calling you out as 'having logged out' and thus not being DMed about this situation at all was due to a technical issue. Sorry!

That said, I received the original ahelp from the Warden, Seraphine Decarte, that someone was stealing IDs. They pointed me to the CL who had already been killed by a UPP. Indeed, their body was wearing the Warden's ID north of the Conference room and, just west of the conference room, I saw the Warden's body. This is what made me investigate further, since I was drawing the connection they may have gotten murked by you in the mess. Reading through attack logs, I saw the Warden removing your handcuffs, and then being bludgeoned by a Baseball bat multiple times by you after having done so. They fired Taser bolts at you, but you ended up looting after. Since, again, at the time my assumption was you had logged off, I did not DM you to defend yourself and so went with what information I had and concluded you had killed the Warden after they freed you, then stolen their ID.

I reached out to the Warden player on Discord to check the story from their perspective, and it lines up with yours. They freed you, then a UPP enters Brig and shoots them dead, then you loot them, then you get shot by the same guy. The End.

The ID theft is still not ok, as we have a strict policy against that, but that's nothing banworthy. This situation was a bit messy on part of a technical issue and me misinterpreting the attack logs. I apologize, and would like a reviewing Manager to undo the ban and note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    Staff In question here.

So, I agree that this situation was a bit erroneous, actually. You talked up about your ban in #staff-help and I told you I could not find your ckey online during my investigations. Trustscience DMed me and told me that this was probably because of a bug with the Player Panel, and it not refreshing properly. I wasn't aware of that as a Trial Mod, so me calling you out as 'having logged out' and thus not being DMed about this situation at all was due to a technical issue. Sorry!

That said, I received the original ahelp from the Warden, Seraphine Decarte, that someone was stealing IDs. They pointed me to the CL who had already been killed by a UPP. Indeed, their body was wearing the Warden's ID north of the Conference room and, just west of the conference room, I saw the Warden's body. This is what made me investigate further, since I was drawing the connection they may have gotten murked by you in the mess. Reading through attack logs, I saw the Warden removing your handcuffs, and then being bludgeoned by a Baseball bat multiple times by you after having done so. They fired Taser bolts at you, but you ended up looting after. Since, again, at the time my assumption was you had logged off, I did not DM you to defend yourself and so went with what information I had and concluded you had killed the Warden after they freed you, then stolen their ID.

I reached out to the Warden player on Discord to check the story from their perspective, and it lines up with yours. They freed you, then a UPP enters Brig and shoots them dead, then you loot them, then you get shot by the same guy. The End.

The ID theft is still not ok, as we have a strict policy against that, but that's nothing banworthy. This situation was a bit messy on part of a technical issue and me misinterpreting the attack logs. I apologize, and would like a reviewing Manager to undo the ban and note.
    I appreciate and accept the apology. If this matter can be resolved without the need to pulling logs I would like to withdraw the report then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lilpenpusher reached out to me after the ban was issued as other staff informed them of the Player panel issues. They asked for the ban to be removed and I authorised it.

Report withdrawn.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)