User Tag List

Thread: Spetr - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spetr - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Spetr
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Mortland "Hunk" Ardel
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    SL
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    LilPenpusher
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    Perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    DS-13
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    none
    Reason for Ban
    I believe it was due to some LRP as SL as well as jumping into ASRS at round start and getting myself permaed.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I'm not really sure of which instances I've been getting myself permaed as SL as would imply, sure I play reckless, maybe that could be attributed to it, but I did DNR a couple of times a few days back, though that was mostly due to getting FFed and the like. My body was often revived even though it was souless

Regarding me jumping into ASRS, I frankly, forgot about that note entirely, it was a few months ago. I don't know, most I remember during that round is there was some sort of roundstart ASRS cult, several deltas jumped and I decided to jump in as well.

Regarding this instance of jumping out of Alamo, I actually did not jump out and decided to check the funny space door out, well funny Delta or Charlie man (Can't remember) pushed me out, and then I proceeded to immediately be put as xeno due to my preferences being on.

I found both instances of that fucking hilarious (And still do). But I was playing an SL so I guess I'll be more careful regarding these sort of shenanigans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Spetr:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal assigned to an admin for review

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I was the admin assigned to your appeal. Apologies for the wait, it got away from me a bit.

After reviewing your notes, consulting this with others and pondering this for a while I have decided to DENY this appeal this time.

My reasoning for this is as follows: Your appeal fails to address the core issue that got you SL banned in the first place - in your own admittance, you play recklessly and have a note history to back that up. You sort of say that "you guess" you'll play more carefully, but I just don't see you taking this issue to heart. Your playstyle seems way more suited for non limited roles since there playing recklessly does not affect the round negatively as much as it does when you play roles like SL. SLs are expected to follow orders, guide their squads and not get themselves killed in dumb ways. What you wrote in your appeal has not reassured me that you will stop doing things like the one that got you banned in the first place.

Please reapply in 30 days after we can gauge your behavior better. If you stay free of notes similar that got you jbaned in the meantime and take the criticism to heart, it should be an easier decision next time around.
    Senior Administrator