User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sucks to see the game is a similar mess like it used to be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks to see the game is a similar mess like it used to be.

So I haven't played CM in probably 3+ years. I can't even remember the last time I logged in, but I decided to check it out and see how it was doing earlier this week. That goes for all of SS13 actually which I took a loooong break from after being addicted to it for awhile but this was years ago. Anyway I'm playing fine for a few days with a new BYOND account until tonight when I mentioned I played back when Apophis was still here. Within minutes, this mod Clarion or whatever his name was pm's me, tells me he knows that I'm "multi-keying" and tells me that I will be banned permanently. I ask him what multi-keying is as I don't even know and he doesn't even answer me, just keeps threatening me and telling me he knows I'm doing it so he's recommending a permaban.

I argue with him for a bit and told him I made a new account because I couldn't even remember what my old one was, and that making a new account isn't against the rules if you aren't doing it to evade a ban, death, or logging in with multiple accounts at the same time (I learned that after the mod finally linked me what "multi-keying" meant.) He doesn't even really listen and just tells me I'll be permabanned after offering zero evidence of me "multi-keying" other than the fact I said "Apophis" like I uttered some forbidden word. He did demand that I give him my old account info, which I told him I couldn't remember which is why I made the new account, and he just sarcastically said something like "I wouldn't be bragging about remembering Apophis because it makes it obvious that you're multi-keying" or something really bizarre. Don't they log your IP and other info so that you can't just make a new account without them knowing? I don't know because I haven't tried to do that, but this mod insists I have.

It was literally one of the most insane things I've ever seen happen in a game. One of the reasons I stopped playing in the past was because the server had similar issues with psycho over-moderation of every little thing you would do and lots of conflict and drama with the players and staff. It wasn't a fun environment to try and play a game in, but I endured it along with everybody else because the game itself is very fun and unique. I was never banned, I just got tired of it and stopped playing. It really sucks to see that even though I thought the server was in a much better spot as it had new staff and relaxed a lot with the rules and RP stuff, there are still psycho moderators that will permaban you at the drop of a hat, making you run to the forums and beg them to play their game as if you're some criminal desperately appealing for your freedom lol. You guys are seriously like something from an early-2000's forum--you can tell you're all old weird boomers gatekeeping your little community as hard as humanly possible.

Tl;dr - This is one of the funnest games that will be forever ruined by its creepy clique of power-tripping moderators and bizarre inappropriate rules, and don't say the name "Apophis" or a mod will accuse you of multi-keying with zero proof and permaban you. Have fun marines, I'm going over to TGMC where the sane people are lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shut the fuck up feweh alt god damn they're multiplying

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is schizophrenia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait until he gets arrested by an MP for dropping a pill on the floor.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, remember, the mating season for leafman alts is November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having multiple accounts is in fact not a rule violation unless it's being used to bypass punishments or to cheat.

No idea why they'd make the threat unless your other account is banned, but IPs do in fact get linked to those.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into logs and this is an absolute lie.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go back to yelling at clouds.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've looked into this a lot.

The IP on this user name is a VPN and has never connected to our servers, nor is the username a byond key.
    Of all logs I've pulled for Clairion, he has only banned one multikeyer under the ckey griffith78 and Kimperator, and you're free to look up the notes on these ckeys and clearly see this wasn't an "old" account, and that is the only permanent ban he has filed within this time frame. More over there are no logs of a conversation he has had with anyone of what you describe.

Why did I do this?

Simple, you have made false allegations against one of my staff, and I won't tolerate this bullshit.
    Be warned anyone else who does shit like this, you'll end up permabanned.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good admins for bothering to look up logs, users, and ban records on the off chance it really was someone new telling the truth.