User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: taterthetank - Commanding Officer Application

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can it with the shitpost feedback. Follow the subforum rules and write something constructive if you actually want to contribute to the app process.

Tater please focus on playing SO and XO more, it's hard to gauge how well you play command if you're mostly playing MP roles.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tater is one of the most competent people I can rely on as a MP. Always glad to see him on the op.
    Easiest +1 I’ve seen.

P.S. try not to be too excited to brig the CL in the future though
    Jay ‘Taco’ Johnson - Alpha pride world wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an easy +1 from me, not only have i seen em play Command currently but they were one of the persons that molded me into what i currently am as a CO with a lot of tips and other sorts of advice. So not only are they competent and a previous CO, but they're also EXTREMELY helpful and effective in the Commanding part, i don't see a reason why we shouldn't let them back into the whitelist.

Hope you get whitelisted once again Tater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post

Tater please focus on playing SO and XO more, it's hard to gauge how well you play command if you're mostly playing MP roles.
    Heya Rem and other council, I have to agree with ya on that. My recent XO/SO hours PALE in comparison to my playtime in other roles since posting this application, considering ive only played around 5-7 XO rounds and 3 SO rounds. which im sure is NOT heckin good for assessing my current ability in relation to command. I'm sorry for the obvious inconveniences this caused.

To address this most prevalent issue caused Solely by myself, I will be maining XO, SO when unviable, and to a lesser random extent SL for the duration of the week (and longer if needed). Starting when I finish up with school at around 3PM CST Today.

P.S.

Thanks to everyone for their support so far, im sorry ive been dismissive in discussing it but its something that i have to avoid talking about at the moment. I appreciate it greatly non the less! And again, im sorry to council and others for holding back on my command activity recently.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen tater as XO a couple of times, they're a player who know what they are doing and can easily command. It would be stupid to deny this +1

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tater has a good reputation when playing as CO and synth. It's good to see him in command roles and I'll give this a +1 for sure, very robust application.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust Rems council experience that he should be playing more XO, Its not "formality" its expected that following a purge you are to brush back up on your command hours, its literally the entire point of the system.

Also what's some different plans or ideas you've tried in command lately (whether they worked or not, its about the go).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    I trust Rems council experience that he should be playing more XO, Its not "formality" its expected that following a purge you are to brush back up on your command hours, its literally the entire point of the system.

Also what's some different plans or ideas you've tried in command lately (whether they worked or not, its about the go).
    Heya, I wholeheartedly agreed with Rem as per my last post and have acted on my words since then. Sorry for the wait, was a tad busy but here's a few samples i suppose. Im not a big “fan” of super crazily different operations unless im feeling very inspired. But i can give a few examples of my favorite “different than standard” operations.

First Example takes place on LV-426. I attempted to pull this one off yesterday actually, and have tried a bit in the past as well. Unfortunately, they conditions did not line up during this specific operation, but non the less it was a “plan”

Essentially, my idea was to set up a three pronged attack/push north of the river. Creating mini-fob fortifications at Centralgap/hydro, a second at the western gap area, and a third at the eastern gap area. That's the basic idea. Dropzone is LZ1

A foreword however, the operation takes a drastically different pace pending on FOG gap locations, and the “mini-Fobs” are not dedicated minifobs, simply a reinforced bulkhead for a push from one of three directions.

Squad orders, however, included a bit more. ALPHA was tasked with defending the north of the FOB, at eastern gap location and constructing a mini fortification.

BRAVO, was tasked with, you guessed it, FOB. I know, original, but its what they are best at by choice. IDEALLY the chance for flanks is semi eliminated by a three pronged push, but as I will say later, this is not the case for this operation.

CHARLIE, was tasked with first repairing engineering/floodlights, i tend to use charlie a lot for little key details that other squads can often get miffed about doing. Once engineering was repaired they were to setup the central gap minifob.

DELTA, was tasked with moving to hydroponics and moving WEST. essentially killing two gap locations with one stone (in terms of scouting). Once west, they would setup a mini fob, just as the other squads did.

This is where starting orders fall appart, when a gap is announced. Ideally there are no gaps for this plan to work, and the gap itself DOES not matter. The direction of the xeno push towards the south however, matters. For example, in this case there WAS a western gap as delta reported.

Xenos were heavily focused on the WEST, a gap in central would have worked well with the plan too, however due to their western focus, the east would likely be undisturbed during the initial operation. To Counter this i moved alpha to hydroponics, moved charlie to the western gap, and delta to stay at the western gap as well. Attempting a push from the east is VERY long, and if xenos wisen up they will inevitably cut them off.

I don't like going past setting up initial past initial squad locations, as the operation is FLEXIBLE and an in place plan for everything is not. The three pronged push would, if it worked, have pushed direction north of their locations, depending on the xenos focus, the other unengaged squads would be redirected accordingly. Mats are not meant to be provided for the mini-fobs, as they will be incredibly rudimentary and be based of what engineers brought with them, the main bulwark of them is the manpower, they are simply locations to push from.

Heres a map showcasing how this operation looked/would have looked if everything went to plan: https://gyazo.com/b703314c88c03e33722677bdf4c8d0ae.

Of course everything that happens north of the push is unplanned and entirely dependent on the Xenos activity.

Ill give a solaris example too that ive done recently that worked well:

Not so special, but hey it works. LZ2 is the drop point of the day (yeah I know it can suck if you do it wrong, but it actually worked)

Basically, the plan is to focus on ETA and as usual, east-central filtration, nothing too different from normal. I do not want to breach lamba locks at ALL. opening a northern entrance to a potential three pronged assualt from us is, cool and all but it also means we prolly have to fight on three fronts, so squad orders are as follows.

ALPHA, was tasked with ETA, first squad to hopefully get somewhere, there they would FIRST blow the padlocks to the south, but refuse to push in until basic barricades were installed.

BRAVO, i dont even know why i bother listing them, its FOB of course, yet again what they like and are best at. The synthetic was tasked with barricading the west FOB, then movin to the front for medical.

CHARLIE, was tasked with going north, all the way to LZ1, then moving through medical east until they reached the bar, essentially making sure no xenos hung back after delta/alpha was engaged. From there they would move to the SE caves entrance south of offices.

DELTA was tasked with moving to the SE cave entrances east of filtration, not the offices ones, just the south filt ones. Essentially buying time for charlie to complete their sweep, and alpha to barricade ETA, assuming the xenos dident get a whiff of luck or based somewhere ungodly for the operation.

The SE was the main direction of the push, and we learned the hive was there evidently.

Somehow, it all worked nearly flawlessly. The ETA Front was messy, and a push from alpha was never fully committed, however the filtration front worked well and alpha kept the ETA flank from xenos defended to prevent a cutoff.

Rudimentary map for this post:
    https://gyazo.com/9e73de3b5894a886e5d1b2bddb27dcc8

Not the most original one ^, but hey its an operation.

This is why I never draw on maps for ops, i SUCK at it. Anyhow, I hope that was satisfactory enough.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Rem, I will add an addendum to my post. Tater deserves the CO because he is willing to teach fellow marines, may they be PFCs or SO the ropes. We need more people like Tater. I have learned much from him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I can dig it, ETA fronts on solaris are always messy and either a decisive victory or you just get surrounded and murdered, but its fun either way. Been playing XO more while this is up i presume so why not you can have me +1