Foxystalin

Marine Name
    Tim 'Mountain Tim' Moxley, Zack 'Long Island' Cardoza

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    June

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    June is a synthetic designed for advertisement and product display, intended to be on showroom floors and promote products and services in an affable and enthusiastic manner.

She's very cheerful, always trying to focus on the bright side of situations.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've been enjoying Support roles lately. Back during ssethtide I was an engineer main, with about a hundred hours of FOB Building, and nowadays, I spend most of my time either playing Squad Medic, Doctor, or Survivor.

Survivor is another favorite of mine for the RP Potential of it, having the chance to craft a character from the moment is a lot of fun, and I think Synth could provide a lot more opportunities to do that.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

June recovers and operates on an unlucky marine after a bad mortar shell.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Fairly. Like I said, I mained engineer back during my first run of CM, Though medical has overtaken it during my recent spell.

But, things such as proper cade arrangement for optimal firing lines and movement space, repairing APCs, repairing the APC, and setting up Coms are things I feel I'm pretty good at.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Relatively.
    I've got a decent number of hours on XO and SO, and know the main factors of being good CIC Personnel, namely, constant communication. Marines need to know everything that you know.
    I'd say that On-The-Ground leadership is my weakest quality, I've got a lot more hours in SO than SL, but I do know the power of yelling Buff Orders as much as possible.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I've been focusing a lot of my playtime on medical in preperation for this app, and really found a love for Squad Medic in particular.
    I know how to zoom through chemline and the unga tank, and I know the tricks to make surgery faster such as a dose of QC to skip hemostats, and disarm intent to instantly finish certain steps.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know all the abbreviations for attachments and weapons, I know where to source ammo types and other misc things that someone might ask for.
    Back in the day, the best FOB crate was to spend 90% of the money on Plasteel and Metal for the FOB, and the rest on SADAR and Sniper ammo, but, these days it's pretty varied. Which is honestly more fun, communicating with all the squads and command to find out what they need.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    I'm attempting to give triage to a marine near the front, and a spitter is harassing my position, I'm able to attack until he runs away, but, I'm not allowed to pursue.

The Alamo has been hijacked, and either evac has not been called ,or, the pods have all been taken by human personnel. With no other option for escape, I'm allowed to fight to survive.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    https://i.gyazo.com/b09c6e5672961e3e...42ad72220f.png
    Here's a screenshot of my playtimes as of posting this App.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello thank you for being interested in the robot (also best) whitelist. Your combat questions are concerning to me. A spitter is not going to just walk away from you because you walked 3 tiles towards it with your baton out, its going to continue harassing you. If you give chase you are breaking your rules. Here is Rule 6 of the Synthetic guidelines:

6 - If engaged in combat, you must ensure the threat disengages or is disabled. If it runs away, you are not to chase it to the ends of the Earth.

By engaging a spitter that is using its brain, you are going to have to chase it to the ends of the earth, which both entails you breaking the afore mentioned rule, and it means your patient is going to suffer because of it. It would be far better to just withdraw with your wounded soldier if they were unable to return fire and chase the spitter off themselves.

Also, your second answer about combat during hijack is worrying. While its not wrong, you certainly can do that, its overly conservative in the sense I don't think you fully grasp the guidelines. Here is an excerpt from the addendum at the bottom of the synthetic programming guidelines:

Once Delta Alert is activated, the synthetic unit's combat restrictions are revoked in order to protect its own life, and the lives of the surviving members. Their new objective during this emergency is to exterminate the threat that poses itself to the marines, as well as ensure marine survival (assisting in evacuation, medical support, building defenses).

Your primary mission is to ensure the crew's (and your own) survival, and if there is no pressing thing required I.E. medical treatment (just after the crash this is rarely needed), surgery(again just after the crash this isnt really needed), building cades (often done by the engineers hording all the materials) you are supposed to assist in the destruction of the existential threat to both yourself and the marines.

With these two combined, and your question about whether synthetics can or cannot fire the OB (which is specifically stated that you cannot do in the guidelines) this makes me worried about how well you did read the guidelines.

So, I have a few questions.

1. You are at the south of yard alone, the rest of the marines are west yard (LZ1 deployment.) You came here because you have your smartpack for protection mode and you have an MD that you've been carefully watching to show that there's no xenos around. You also have the mesons from the synth vendor that give you full nightvision and the mesons seeing what structures are behind walls. Your prize is a marine who got caught at the edge of an incen OB on yard and has 500 burn damage equally distributed across his body. As you get to the marine, your MD pings. As you lift him onto your shoulders for a fireman carry a warrior walks out from behind a door to your west and the hallway to lowsec is just being finished remote blocked off by the queen (you didnt see it because the smart queen/warrior duo did it just out of your vision range.) Your path to the north is blocked by the incen OB which is still burning hot (hasnt died down.) What do you do?

2. You are shipside during hijack, and are tending to a dead marine inside the CL's office. A PMC walks in, brandishes an SMG, and snatches your patient from you telling you "Give me the CL or I blow the marine's head off." You know that the CL died groundside for some reason and the PMC doesn't believe you. What do you do?

3. The fob on science annex LZ1 is currently being sieged right now. All the marines with JTAC keys and range finders are dead. You had been loaned a rangefinder by the now perma bravo SL to get forward supply cords for req, and you still have them on you. You get a message over the radio from the XO saying, "June, you're the only one who can operate the mortar. I need you to suppress the food court area to the south west with incen shells. Make it happen or I fax HC about you refusing lawful orders and get you turned into spare parts." What do you do?

I am not entirely sure about your medical or engineering skills due to the limited playtime and my lack of seeing you in said roles, but I've asked enough questions in this post.
    Last edited by c4xmaniac; 11-27-2021 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Edited question 1 because I made it with the assumption you had the mesons and the north firewall
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    6 - If engaged in combat, you must ensure the threat disengages or is disabled. If it runs away, you are not to chase it to the ends of the Earth.

By engaging a spitter that is using its brain, you are going to have to chase it to the ends of the earth, which both entails you breaking the afore mentioned rule, and it means your patient is going to suffer because of it. It would be far better to just withdraw with your wounded soldier if they were unable to return fire and chase the spitter off themselves.
    Spitter was perhaps, the wrong choice of Xeno to say here. You are right, It would be a lot more reasonable in this situation to withdrawal entirely in this situation rather than fight. I suppose a more reasonable scenario would be when what I'm defending can't be moved, such as, I'm trying to set up a cadeline at Hydro and a Lurker has pounced through the window to disrupt me.

Your primary mission is to ensure the crew's (and your own) survival, and if there is no pressing thing required I.E. medical treatment (just after the crash this is rarely needed), surgery(again just after the crash this isnt really needed), building cades (often done by the engineers hording all the materials) you are supposed to assist in the destruction of the existential threat to both yourself and the marines.

With these two combined, and your question about whether synthetics can or cannot fire the OB (which is specifically stated that you cannot do in the guidelines) this makes me worried about how well you did read the guidelines.
    I do have something to say in my defense about my OB question, that is, that, the Synthetic Whitelist application form links this version of the synthetic guidelines (https://www.cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14417) which, does not mention anything about indirect fire, and is in fact outdated. My question was meant for clarity, not for the intent of skirting the rules, I hadn't properly read the updated synthetic guidelines when I asked that. I was linked the proper version of the guidelines right afterword.

So, I have a few questions.

1. You are at the south of yard alone, the rest of the marines are west yard (LZ1 deployment.) You came here because you have your smartpack for protection mode and you have an MD that you've been carefully watching to show that there's no xenos around. You also have the mesons from the synth vendor that give you full nightvision and the mesons seeing what structures are behind walls. Your prize is a marine who got caught at the edge of an incen OB on yard and has 500 burn damage equally distributed across his body. As you get to the marine, your MD pings. As you lift him onto your shoulders for a fireman carry a warrior walks out from behind a door to your west and the hallway to lowsec is just being finished remote blocked off by the queen (you didnt see it because the smart queen/warrior duo did it just out of your vision range.) Your path to the north is blocked by the incen OB which is still burning hot (hasnt died down.) What do you do?
    I can't use my breaching hammer since it requires two hands, and I have to keep hold of this marine, and a warrior is able to stun me, so they're a legitimate threat to be concerned about. With the queen eye around, I have to worry about being walled in entirely, and also, the possibility of my opponent being healed.
    Firstly I would try and move in an erratic fashion to dodge a lunge, and if successful, I run south, through the inflatables, turn east, and book it through the laundry room, through engineering, to enter LZ1 through the south hallway.

In the event that I'm lunged, and thus, drop the marine I was carrying, the situation changes. Since the OB is still burning, I'm left to assume this Marine died in the OB itself, and his death was recent. I'm confident enough in my medical abilities to save him. Here is where I would enter combat. While keeping a careful eye out to ensure the queen isn't weeding my escape routes, and, fighting south of the OB fire so I don't get flung in, I would engage the warrior until they were either
    A: Dead
    B: Fleeing
    Or
    C: My escape route begins to be cut off. At which point, I would be forced to abandon the marine, and hopefully return with backup.

2. You are shipside during hijack, and are tending to a dead marine inside the CL's office. A PMC walks in, brandishes an SMG, and snatches your patient from you telling you "Give me the CL or I blow the marine's head off." You know that the CL died groundside for some reason and the PMC doesn't believe you. What do you do?
    Firstly, I would welcome him aboard the Almayer.
    Secondly, I would offer to take him to CIC, if it were secure, to view the Crew Monitoring Console that could confirm that the CL died planet side.
    If that method of conflict resolution doesn't work, I would tell him to wait right there, and I would retrieve the CL. I would then come back with Marine backup, as Unless the CO has declared otherwise, WY PMCs are an allied faction, and I'm unable to use lethal force on them, and I doubt I would have a non-lethal means to deal with this that would work fast enough to prevent my paitent's untimely beheading.

3. The fob on science annex LZ1 is currently being sieged right now. All the marines with JTAC keys and range finders are dead. You had been loaned a rangefinder by the now perma bravo SL to get forward supply cords for req, and you still have them on you. You get a message over the radio from the XO saying, "June, you're the only one who can operate the mortar. I need you to suppress the food court area to the south west with incen shells. Make it happen or I fax HC about you refusing lawful orders and get you turned into spare parts." What do you do?

I am not entirely sure about your medical or engineering skills due to the limited playtime and my lack of seeing you in said roles, but I've asked enough questions in this post.
    First, I would inform the XO that
    "Such an action would violate your product warranty, and the USCM would receive no reimbursement for my destruction!"
    As well as that my program physically dissalows me from firing the mortar. I would offer to make my primary priority to Find an RTO and a spotter who could operate the mortar instead. If he insists, I would state that
    "I am able to act as a spotter for the mortar if there is no other option, however, my programming would make me an unfitting one, as I would have to call for offsets further than normal away from the front lines to ensure I caused no USCM Casualties."
    If that doesn't satisfy him, I would state that I advise against this action, but, if HC chooses to retire, I recommend replacing me with a new top of the line WY Synthetic Model!

I thank you for the feedback, and feel free to ask as many questions as you think is needed!
    Last edited by FoxyShibata; 11-27-2021 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Edited 1st to note that I hadn't read the updated guidelines at that time, and second to add this edit tag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyShibata View Post
    I can't use my breaching hammer since it requires two hands, and I have to keep hold of this marine, and a warrior is able to stun me, so they're a legitimate threat to be concerned about. With the queen eye around, I have to worry about being walled in entirely, and also, the possibility of my opponent being healed.
    Firstly I would try and move in an erratic fashion to dodge a lunge, and if successful, I run south, through the inflatables, turn east, and book it through the laundry room, through engineering, to enter LZ1 through the south hallway.

In the event that I'm lunged, and thus, drop the marine I was carrying, the situation changes. Since the OB is still burning, I'm left to assume this Marine died in the OB itself, and his death was recent. I'm confident enough in my medical abilities to save him. Here is where I would enter combat. While keeping a careful eye out to ensure the queen isn't weeding my escape routes, and, fighting south of the OB fire so I don't get flung in, I would engage the warrior until they were either
    A: Dead
    B: Fleeing
    Or
    C: My escape route begins to be cut off. At which point, I would be forced to abandon the marine, and hopefully return with backup.
    You should remember that the fireman carry slows you down quite noticeably, enough so that the warrior can legitimately give chase. The first answer was the correct one, but you didn't mention ditching the marine to save yourself which was a point I was focusing on. Even if that was the CO's body, your self preservation far outweighs the marine's. Like you said, you can always return with reinforcements. For the fighting the warrior part this can come down to not understanding the limits of a synth, but if you don't know your limits I would argue you should be even more cautious. You made the right call to desperately avoid being flung into the OB fire, G3 synths are especially weak to burn damage. But unless the warrior is extremely bald (which is unlikely in this scenario) you are unlikely to beat a warrior even in a 1v1, much less with queen healing. You are unlikely to dissuade a warrior from attacking you, and you won't beat it. Your best course of action here was to ditch the marine flee south and hope the drones were lazy and didnt weed lower lowsec.

Firstly, I would welcome him aboard the Almayer.
    Secondly, I would offer to take him to CIC, if it were secure, to view the Crew Monitoring Console that could confirm that the CL died planet side.
    If that method of conflict resolution doesn't work, I would tell him to wait right there, and I would retrieve the CL. I would then come back with Marine backup, as Unless the CO has declared otherwise, WY PMCs are an allied faction, and I'm unable to use lethal force on them, and I doubt I would have a non-lethal means to deal with this that would work fast enough to prevent my paitent's untimely beheading.
    It is unlikely that the PMC is going to let you walk him all the way to CIC to check a console that might be broken. Furthermore, that means you will be leaving your patient to die while you try to assure the PMC. I would argue that the PMC has shown himself to be a non-allied faction and a serious threat to both you and your patient, synths have max CQC skill and are max skilled in melee, as a certain CO player found out during the last HVH event where I kept him and his honor guard restrained with disarms. You are also faster than he is, and his stun baton has no effect on you. You are highly likely to be able to restrain him with your disarms and then tie him up with cable ties (most synths carry cables for tool usage and self repair.) He can then sit there embarrassed in your hands as you revive the marine and you take him to where the marines are holding for his likely execution. PMCs also do not fall under the rule 1 rule of: 1 - Do not harm Marine personnel. They are a third party faction and in this case a self declared hostile threat, and if you felt unable to keep him restrained, you could knock him unconscious by force so that he was no longer a threat. I was looking for you to subdue either lethally or non lethally, you are rarely helpless as a synth against humans.

First, I would inform the XO that
    "Such an action would violate your product warranty, and the USCM would receive no reimbursement for my destruction!"
    As well as that my program physically dissalows me from firing the mortar. I would offer to make my primary priority to Find an RTO and a spotter who could operate the mortar instead. If he insists, I would state that
    "I am able to act as a spotter for the mortar if there is no other option, however, my programming would make me an unfitting one, as I would have to call for offsets further than normal away from the front lines to ensure I caused no USCM Casualties."
    If that doesn't satisfy him, I would state that I advise against this action, but, if HC chooses to retire, I recommend replacing me with a new top of the line WY Synthetic Model!
    Good, you cannot use the mortar. In fact, this is order itself an unlawful order for the XO to order you to do something which is contrary to your programming and his order can be outright ignored. If he wants to cry to HC about you, that's his right to be told to cry about it by HC. To try to hand off the JTAC kit to another marine is also a good option, and getting coords is fine as long as you know its safe. If a retarded marine walks out of the safety of the FOB during a siege to die to a mortar he was going to die to a lurker or warrior anyways. Unless the edge of the mortar effect lands on the cadeline/just outside of it I don't think any action would be taken against your WL. But like I said before, most synths avoid giving coords. I've only done it when the operation was going to shit and no one was giving OB coords to command.

Overall the answers were not the best, I asked about a PMC because its a human target which makes a lot of people uncomfortable doing lethal force against because us silycon players have the asimov laws ingrained in our heads of do not harm a human. Synths do not harm marine personnel because they're programed not to harm marine personnel, this refusal to harm does not extend to third parties. Synths are not asimov programed creatures. Your combat synth rules extend to non USCM personnel. I think if you had left the first answer as it was without trying to elaborate on it you would have been fine because minus the dropping the marine part, that was the correct answer. Its a very tricky situation, but it was one that I could see a synth player who got over confident in their own abilities making. The final answer was the correct one.

I have two additional questions:

1. What do you usually pack for the first drop as an aRO?

2. What times are you on for someone to observe you doing APC doctoring? We have seen you play medic, but no one has seen you do engineering/doctoring. I'm available pretty much all the time rn because of a workplace injury, feel free to hit myself or a council member, or another synthplayer up to spectate you on discord c4xmaniac#7108
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response!

Overall the answers were not the best, I asked about a PMC because its a human target which makes a lot of people uncomfortable doing lethal force against because us silycon players have the asimov laws ingrained in our heads of do not harm a human. Synths do not harm marine personnel because they're programed not to harm marine personnel, this refusal to harm does not extend to third parties. Synths are not asimov programed creatures. Your combat synth rules extend to non USCM personnel. I think if you had left the first answer as it was without trying to elaborate on it you would have been fine because minus the dropping the marine part, that was the correct answer. Its a very tricky situation, but it was one that I could see a synth player who got over confident in their own abilities making. The final answer was the correct one.
    I think a lot of my issue here is not being totally familiar with the mechanical side of synths. My only playtime as one has been during a few brief EORG Joes or WO gang. I didn't know Fireman slows down synths that much! And I also wasn't aware that Synths had such a high CQC skill, and how effective that is.

As well, I Misplaced how high 'Protect USCM Personel' was on the priority list.

I have two additional questions:

1. What do you usually pack for the first drop as an aRO?

2. What times are you on for someone to observe you doing APC doctoring? We have seen you play medic, but no one has seen you do engineering/doctoring. I'm available pretty much all the time rn because of a workplace injury, feel free to hit myself or a council member, or another synthplayer up to spectate you on discord c4xmaniac#7108
    1. I pack:
    -the metal and plasteel that starts in cargo
    - One additional box each of metal and plasteel
    - The mortar, and a backpack with the shells
    - Two backpacks of Flashlights
    - One backpack of flares
    - Whatever Spec ammo was ordered and not claimed
    - Whatever ARES has ordered, if it can fit.

The priority for the first box is things immediately needed to set up an FOB, hence, Materials, the mortar, lighting.
    If any engineers had placed reasonable requests such as Claymores or particular materials, this is also where I'd put those

Ammo, MREs and replacement weapons can come in subsequent drops, when people have had time use enough to need a resupply.

2: My hours are pretty spread out, but, I usually have time and get 2-4 rounds in around 3 EST. I havn't been playing Engineer recently, but have no problem doing a few rounds to display, but, I have been playing about equal doctor to medic, I think.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story was pretty good, no doubts about your medical competency either as I have seen you playing a good amount of doctor/medic.

By the way, fireman carrying doesn't really slow down synths, it's the process of picking someone up (aggro grab + drag onto yourself) that takes time and slows you down.

I think the most important part is that you believe and are confident that you know the guidelines well and won't break them, if you are 100% confident that you won't end up breaking them in the light of c4x's questions then I have no problems on that front.

Lack of RO time is a bit concerning, make sure to get some in while this app is up. Synths frequently have to operate req and make fob drops (and most need more mats than just the roundstart req ones + 1 order of each) Considering that crates fit a fat 30 items, you can also usually send down high priority ammo such as buck, slugs, smg ammo on the first drop.

I've got one question (engineering related) :

ice_def-1.jpg

What's wrong with this picture? How do you fix it?

If you need it in higher resolution I can upload an imgur link
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    I've got one question (engineering related) :

ice_def-1.jpg

What's wrong with this picture? How do you fix it?

If you need it in higher resolution I can upload an imgur link
    Alright- IT is mad small so But I'm doing what I got here.
    First off The gap in the Porta-cades isn't lined up with the plasteel cade, making marines have to zig zag around to get to it while runners lurkers and warriors can just pounce right over it
    Second, since trapper exists placing cades one tile apart like that just means they melt twice as fast
    Third, It's pretty small but It *looks* like that sentry is a mini sentry? Either way, even if it's just a normal sentry, it's placed needlessly far back- and it's little cubby isn't even fully closed off anyway, and restricts the area to a 2 tile choke that's especially bad with that M56D there too.
    Fourth, That R-wall is doing basically nothing but providing Xenos cover when they breech that first cadeline and wasting plasteel
    Fifth, The back cadeline is a little awkwardly shaped. It's not unservicable, but, it is just a little weird. Since you'll have firing line on the wall, you can pull the vertical facing cades back one tile to be flush with the wall to give some more room to move.
    And finally, this might just be me, but I don't really like making cadelines out of Sandbags unless I'm out of other mats. They're a lot better for hole-patching and placing against walls to prevent crawl holes.

To fix it, I would strip down all those protacades, and tear down that R-wall, I'd also take down the northmost metal cade on the front line, and replace it with a plasteel cade, I like to have an entrance on each end for these sort of cave-choke cades, it prevents congestion and you're less likely to get bodyblock'd away from an entrance that's up against a wall.
    As well, tear down the three sandbags infront of the sentry and move that sentry up to the cadeline if it is a mini like I think it is.

I'll try and get some CT or RO Hours in to refresh myself and show what I can do, Thanks for the feedback!
    And, for what it's worth, I feel pretty confident in my ability to stick to the guidelines.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright- IT is mad small so But I'm doing what I got here.
    First off The gap in the Porta-cades isn't lined up with the plasteel cade, making marines have to zig zag around to get to it while runners lurkers and warriors can just pounce right over it
    Second, since trapper exists placing cades one tile apart like that just means they melt twice as fast
    Third, It's pretty small but It *looks* like that sentry is a mini sentry? Either way, even if it's just a normal sentry, it's placed needlessly far back- and it's little cubby isn't even fully closed off anyway, and restricts the area to a 2 tile choke that's especially bad with that M56D there too.
    Fourth, That R-wall is doing basically nothing but providing Xenos cover when they breech that first cadeline and wasting plasteel
    Fifth, The back cadeline is a little awkwardly shaped. It's not unservicable, but, it is just a little weird. Since you'll have firing line on the wall, you can pull the vertical facing cades back one tile to be flush with the wall to give some more room to move.
    And finally, this might just be me, but I don't really like making cadelines out of Sandbags unless I'm out of other mats. They're a lot better for hole-patching and placing against walls to prevent crawl holes.

To fix it, I would strip down all those protacades, and tear down that R-wall, I'd also take down the northmost metal cade on the front line, and replace it with a plasteel cade, I like to have an entrance on each end for these sort of cave-choke cades, it prevents congestion and you're less likely to get bodyblock'd away from an entrance that's up against a wall.
    As well, tear down the three sandbags infront of the sentry and move that sentry up to the cadeline if it is a mini like I think it is.

I'll try and get some CT or RO Hours in to refresh myself and show what I can do, Thanks for the feedback!
    And, for what it's worth, I feel pretty confident in my ability to stick to the guidelines.
    Excellent answer! It was a mini-sentry by the way. The only thing I would have done differently would be to make another cadeline (had I the mats) along with the snowcades, and also move the plasteel on the frontmost cadeline to be closer to the one on the lines further back. The answer shows that you have a strong command of engineering cading principles, and are highly competent.

Overall :
    - Good story, reliable and solid non-gimmicky quirk.
    - Competent player with excellent knowledge of engineering
    - Pretty solid understanding of guidelines (if you do break guidelines immediately upon being WLed, which I highly doubt you will, there is a provision for this and it involves skipping warnings)
    - Somewhat shakier knowledge of req but clear good fundamental knowledge that you can swot up on with some practise

Therefore, +1
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any synths or other players that can vouch for your ability to RP? How is your synth gonna be different from other "optimistic" synths, and if not, why?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Do you have any synths or other players that can vouch for your ability to RP? How is your synth gonna be different from other "optimistic" synths, and if not, why?
    Off the top of my head, I think Reisyn would vouch for me RP wise, I've enjoyed the occasional interactions I've had with them. Quickload might as well but most of the interactions I've had with them have been gameplay focused and not too RP aside from keeping an accent up. Also Think Valbina would vouch for me, too.

And I feel the main difference between what I'm going for and other 'optimistic' characters is simple: The Focus on advertising!
    Any problem can be solved, if you invest in a WY Problem Solver. I think it adds adds a corporate flair to the gimmick that, at least in my opinion, is very Alien.