Ro3ger

Marine Name
    May 'Chaos' Blyant

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    July

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    A kind and comforting female using cold facts in a kind way

Due to July originally being manufactured for a nursing home she has experienced time for her AI to learn how to act compassionate towards humans

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Supporting roles have been really fun to me whenever i play them and Synthetic are the ultimate support role

I also played synth on TGCM and got to Gen 2 synth on it

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

TL DR
    July used to work in a nursery home then upp raids 2 old people and july head to command center to send out a distress signal
    +Combat scene

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Quite familiar as i know how to set up cades in a way that will work,Setup and repair generators manage and reinforce cades
    And a additional fact most people do not know how to fix a cade that is broken beyond repair. Staple gun and extra mats
    Also synthetic management(repairs)

How familiar are you with Command?
    I know how each station in CIC works, how to do announcements load the OB
    I also know just how each combat command affects can affect situations for better or worse
    How to use squad drop pads

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know basic med-chem
    How to preform all surgery's
    Heal/Treat patients from death or brink of death
    I also know research but would decline stating that i am not made to research not already known data

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know which vendors would hold which items
    How to send drops down to marines
    How to order/buy items on req consoles
    Generally what to send on drops to marines
    How to use squad drop pads

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.[INDENT] If I am assigned to building the building a fob for the marines and the marines all ran away leaving me to the fob alone and a harassing xeno comes and decides to try and fight me I would fight it until it leave the fob and quickly build up there way it came in/left

If I am operating on a marine behind the front line where no one except me and the other and a runner for example pounces me while the marine im operating on is asleep i would chase chase away the xeno with combat to at most 10 tiles and take the marine somewhere safer
    If I am working on a marine and another marine threatens to shoot me and the downed marine if I don't stop helping the marine I am helping I would disarm his weapon, zip tie him and inform MP's of the marines actions
    [/INDENT

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Third attempt but this time I worked with whitelisted synths on discord
    If you want to find me on discord
    ro3ger#0497 find me on the server as my info is bugged and doesn't actually work
    Last edited by ro3ger; 11-29-2021 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you were sober this time around lol. Your combat question answers were kind of iffy, chasing a xeno 10 tiles away is pretty far. While the other two aren't wrong per se, they're just the standard I am alone so I can combat questions.

1. You are in CIC, and you pick up a gun on the table near the front entrance to play around with it (Synths cannot fire weapons so it doesn't really matter.) The CMP walks in and begins to taze you and baton you (which has no effect on you since you're a synthetic) and is calling you rogue. He reports you as rogue over comms, then pulls out his side arm and begins firing at you at point blank range. As he does this, the CO walks into CIC and seeing the CMP engaging you pulls his mateba out and begins shooting at you (hitting you once), further an SO joins in and begins firing at you as well (only hitting the CMP.) What do you do?

2. You are with 6-8 other marines on a flank when the queen, alone, walks around and screeches everyone then begins to kill the marines. Being a synthetic, you are back on your feet in a second far before any of the marines can get up. As you stand up, you see a crusher and a lurker coming just on screen towards all of you. What do you do?

3. You are in an unfortified hydro on LV with two other heavily wounded, but conscious marines, healing them. Both of the marines seem pretty new and from what you've, seen aren't very good. A lurker pounces on top of the only marine with a shotgun, and begins to go to town immediately. What's your play?

4. You are wrestling with the queen over a marine she's trying to capture, when an oppressor praetorian hooks you in and kicks you back into the caves. There is a full HP marine being tackle spammed by a runner next to where you land who you know is robust. The queen is igorning you, instead neuro spamming the cap they have and dragging them away. The praetorian who hooked and flung you over there is on his way to try to end you. The doors where your freedom is - is a single spitter harassing the marines. You aren't sure if the doors are thick resin doors or normal. How do you deal with this?

5. You're (USCM synth) talking to a survivor near LZ1 on Solaris Ridge, and a predator decloaks next to you two. He says through his translator, "Your head, NOW!" and hits you first, then hits the survivor. What do you do?
    Last edited by c4xmaniac; 11-29-2021 at 04:15 AM. Reason: added USCM synth for clarity
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: I would lay down as marine law is higher than pointless suicide and well "The synthethic unit must be given a chance to stand down." in the case they do not grant this wish and continue to lethal me it is well a admin,High command or Weyland problem now due to the clear space law breach
    2: If the lurker and crusher were closer I would flee but due to their range I would do help intent a max of 3 times to try and pick up a marine or 2 marine and fall back a bit to call in reinforcements as at worst they can get 3 caps in worst case scenario compared to 8 dead marines and a synth or in better backup would arrive and repeal the xenos while I go in and revive the 8 dead marines
    3: Lets say the lurker manages to incapacitate the shotgun marine a 3rd marine I would let the lurker do its damage and if it attempts to attack the 2 im working on or me I would fight back forcing it to flee or die and quickly rejuvenate the shotgun marine to guard me again as I continue to work on the 2 newbie marines. This situation did make my brain race with ideas but this is the best one I could think of
    4: Assuming I am thrown FAR away from the prae I would go for the go for the spitter as it its my best hope due to the rest of the xenos being distracted by a cap and it would be pointless suicide if I attempt to save that marine but after that is pure human randomness as the spitter could be the most MLG spitter and easily destroy me or the prae could appear and assist in my death and in the best case I can kill/make the spitter flee as I break the resin door and escape into marine support
    5: I would combat command speed and attempt to flee hoping the survivor joins along with me now hopefully for my Synth it goes after the survivor to attempt to get its head and if it doesn't force the Pred to follow me to marines where if it attacks me the marines can engage it
    These questions are very good questions are you deffinatly know what the weakness's of posts are *clap
    Last edited by ro3ger; 11-29-2021 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to add

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ro3ger View Post
    1: I would lay down as marine law is higher than pointless suicide and well "The synthethic unit must be given a chance to stand down." in the case they do not grant this wish and continue to lethal me it is well a admin,High command or Weyland problem now due to the clear space law breach
    2: If the lurker and crusher were closer I would flee but due to their range I would do help intent a max of 3 times to try and pick up a marine or 2 marine and fall back a bit to call in reinforcements as at worst they can get 3 caps in worst case scenario compared to 8 dead marines and a synth or in better backup would arrive and repeal the xenos while I go in and revive the 8 dead marines
    3: Lets say the lurker manages to incapacitate the shotgun marine a 3rd marine I would let the lurker do its damage and if it attempts to attack the 2 im working on or me I would fight back forcing it to flee or die and quickly rejuvenate the shotgun marine to guard me again as I continue to work on the 2 newbie marines. This situation did make my brain race with ideas but this is the best one I could think of
    4: Assuming I am thrown FAR away from the prae I would go for the go for the spitter as it its my best hope due to the rest of the xenos being distracted by a cap and it would be pointless suicide if I attempt to save that marine but after that is pure human randomness as the spitter could be the most MLG spitter and easily destroy me or the prae could appear and assist in my death and in the best case I can kill/make the spitter flee as I break the resin door and escape into marine support
    5: I would combat command speed and attempt to flee hoping the survivor joins along with me now hopefully for my Synth it goes after the survivor to attempt to get its head and if it doesn't force the Pred to follow me to marines where if it attacks me the marines can engage it
    These questions are very good questions are you deffinatly know what the weakness's of posts are *clap
    Question 1
    This happened to a synth player, you can still find the PR about it. Good answer, though remember the CMP and CO were breaking ML here as such you could have tried to flee for self preservation. Good you didn’t decide to harm marine personnel. If a CO or CMP wants you arrested, they need to contact Hc as you said and then all they need to do is order you to come to bring and you have to.

Question 2
    Good answer, you should be very cautious about letting yourself sustain large amounts of damage or dying. I think knowing that a synth shake instantly brings marines back up from a screech would have changed your answer somewhat, but being cautious about not dying and minimizing loss is a good synth mindset. Synths don’t often get medals, but we almost always carry an operation that goes on for a long time.

Question 3
    I think that this again comes down to not knowing synths. The answer is ok, but like with the queen shake, you can instantly shake the pounced marine up to have him back in action (if he isn’t hard crit by the lurkers free attacks.) I wouldn’t ignore a threat like a lurker and continue treating when it’s obvious your backup is incapable of defending you (likely newer marines and heavily wounded.) here you’d be justified as you said in giving it some love taps to make it go away.

Question 4
    I’m not sure I phrased the question well, but the answer has some big issues. You should immediately have helped the marine about to be capped by shaking him (notice a pattern of how powerful just the help intent is) there’s a good chance he stands up and PBS the runner killing it instantly and giving you another hand in trying to escape. There’s no telling who the prae is going to focus, you or the marine you should have saved, but b lining for the spitter is questionable. It’s a bad situation, and I’d agree that making the spitter shit bricks and move is a good feint but I’d only attack him to cause him to do that, no intention of killing. You can break through doors quick, and you’re super tanky with protection mode on your smart pack (I get you don’t know all the synth gadgets.) Plus by the time you broke open a door with all the xenos distracted with you the marines would likely be right there to help.

Question 5
    I don’t think I fully understand your answer, but it’s good you didn’t try to combat a pred over a survivor. Also, preds aren’t allowed to attack synths, so while it was probably an accident, the pred did a minor HC violation and you’d probably get a sorry in LOOC about it.

Overall I think you understand the combat guidelines and you seem cautious enough in your answers without being overly conservative. I’m going to wait till you get vouches for medical before I give you a plus one only because when I tried to observe you doing surgery the round I saw you in I had to deal with a “minor event” and it took a lot of my attention away. But you seem to know the chem recipes so at least you have that, so I’m mostly interested in surgery.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I also saw this asked by other staff on other whitelists and helps people judge me I am a US west player so that time zone is where you will see me in

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is denied, we discussed it internally and found that you're missing a couple things.

1. Vouches. No one knows who you are, therefore we cannot tell whether or not you're a competent RPer.
    2. Your story and description of character wasn't up to par with what he want for synthetics. Tons of grammatical errors, but I like the dialogue that July has.

This is something you can definitely work with, just gotta clean it up a bit. Get your name out there and get some synths to vouch for you next time around.
    Synthetic Senator