C4xmaniac
    Date of Incident
    November 29, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Virgil
    Their BYOND Key
    Unknown
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Happens during an LV around around 12am-1am EST.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    I woke up late as a synthetic and went to do my usual prep until I got into the chem line and was informed by the XO over police comms to stop what I was doing and go deal with a "green dog" in the CL's office. Upon arriving there, I had to wait for the mps to vault over a barricade that MTs had set up inside the CL's office saying that it was "irradiated" only to find the corpse of the CL who shot himself. After moving the CL's corpse to the morgue, I went to go finish grabbing the things I'd requested from the doctors in the chem line before I could drop. This silliness caused me to miss 3 separate drops to go and help the beleaguered marines who were having a tough time of it, all in all I'd say I had around 20-30 minutes of my time taken up with these shenanigan.

Fast forwards another 30-45min, a marine near me starts saying that the comms were down. I didn't think much of it at first, only that a lurker or something broke into the fob and bravo was being bald in not fixing the comms. After some time I was forced to walk all the way from containers to the FOB to check on the comms, during which time the marines who were barely holding on, were routed to hydro. I arrived in the FOB to find the comms tower perfectly fine, but only the JTAC channel working still (this is why I didn't think comms were actually down at first as well.) I would find out after the round was over that the comms were cut by an MT in this "shipside event." The cutting of the comms made it so we were unable to coordiante groundside, give OB coords effectively with command, or receive radio orders at all from command which effectively caused our route.

Furthermore, when I got back shipside I personally inspected the tcomms room and found it, like every other APC, was rapidly losing charge and the CIC APC was completely out of power. The reason was that someone had turned off all the reactors in the engine room. If tcomms wasn't manually cut, then the person who turned the power off to the ship is also to blame.

I would not have made a stink about this if we didn't have two "shipside events" back to back where comms were cut and the groundside operation suffer significantly from it. I understand events can be fun, but the purpose of a shipside event is not to ruin the round for the people on the ground while keeping the people on the ship entertained.

Also from what I understand, this event was essentially just an MT antag gang who terrorized the CL(s) and MPs before ruining the rounds for everyone else. This is hardly a fun event for anyone except the MTs.
    Evidence
    It is in the logs, I also have a recording of the round but it would take a long time to cut down for evidence. I can upload it to youtube and share the link here if requested.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Staff to take better care that their events shipside don't majorly disturb the flow of the round for the vast majority of the server when catering events to the small, bored MT and MP gangs shipside.

I would also like the person who sabotaged the power/tcomms to be warned and noted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, from my understanding the CL faxed W-Y multiple times to make the MTs stop/go away but he received no help and eventually killed himself saying he couldn't take it anymore (this is where I show up.) He was later revived (I assume aheal) and then cryoed. My curiosity here is whether or not the CL actually enjoyed being harrassed and locked into his own containment cell by the MTs or not.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My perspective, since I'm involved I won't rule on this report.

I originally let the Radiation Gimmick go ahead in response to a number of players seeming to go for it. Part of the approval came from the fact that Dreven LOOCd a few times to the group telling them not just to cuff/take the CL out of the round.

The CLs suicide was obviously a sign they weren't having a good time and I gave them a respawn as a result of this. I also proceeded to fax the MPs and the CLs with orders that the Radiation Leak was false (the idea being the MPs arresting the MTs and the CL to give us some Soviet style denial RP). The only reason the gimmick was approved was because it looked like it was including the CL, and not excluding them.

At this point the "event",which was a minor indulgence in some players creativity, was concluded from my perspective.There was one final ahelp from rigga asking if they could form a cult, and I said they could try to sell it. They proceeded to play PFC. Anything that happened past this point was not authorised and I don't believe crippling the marines comms/power was justified or allowed. Unfortunately connection issues prevented me from witnessing the power down. Australian internet syndrome.

I'd like to take a second to just say that fun emergent ideas like this are good, but it's obvious for whatever reason (and Im happy to cop some blame here) that crippling the marines was a step way to far and not at all authorised or in the spirit of the minor event. There were other staff members also indulging in the event to my knowledge (grump and his green dog, dubs and the rat, and Merc building the CMO a new office), but none of this should have been an indicator that it's acceptable to cripple the marine side. It's not in the spirit of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like the withdraw this report because when I made it I had assumed that the MT gang was operating with staff approval, but after speaking with frozen and seeing his reply staff didn’t have any part in the main issues, and pulled the plug when it became obvious others weren’t enjoying it. Please review the PR I made for that instead.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll withdraw it at your request.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids