November 30, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Wamakahana Windhealer
    Their BYOND Key
    Schalkguy
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    ~4:30PM AEST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    Description of the incident
    I came into CIC dressed in a carborg mask and pretended to be a synth, and asked the XO to give me his ID so I could help at req. Then I changed my ID to "captain of the USCM" and gave myself access so I could walk back into CIC and "trick" command into thinking I was the CO. The XO continued to command the mission while I ran around the ship, I actually helped the operation by announcing several tac maps and relaying information while talking a bit on comms. The only thing I used the AA for was to get the MP key so I could RP with the MP's, some of which went along with it while others investigated me being a fake CO (actually giving MP's something to do on an otherwise dead shipside round).

The round was NOT impacted negatively in any way by this, I still did MT duties asked of me such as checking the OB and trying to fix power when CIC randomly went blackout, aswell as delivering metal to req for XO's megafob plan.

Schalkguy also stated on my note that I "stole the ID to get AA" which is either an outright lie or a failure to investigate the situation, a simple check of logs or just asking me what happened would have shown that I RP'd to get it.

Schalkguy also stated that I got the note because of my "frequent flirting with LRP" which is completely relative, and also kind of false given the fact that I have not received a note for nearly 2 months.

I do not believe these actions at all fell under the games new (several months old) roleplay policy of allowing for fun, harmless shenanigans from lower ranked personnel which I was. And I went out of my way to help the operation with tac map gyazos while also doing my MT duties, and the MP's got a funny investigation out of it and some extra RP.

Yes I gave myself AA so I could run around the ship, its not like I abused it to powergame or fuck with peoples rounds. Their is literally no negative impact to anyones experience from these shenanigans.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    I just want the note removed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to say that once I got boinked I removed the access and renamed it to MT, Schalkguy could have just gone with a very simple IC solution to a bit of harmless player RP. I believe this note has been unfairly given over previous reputation instead of actually what happened, combined with the lack of proper investigation and the fact that the note itself directly contradicts the RP policies of the server I really fail to see how it is valid. At the VERY least the note should be changed to say that I did not steal an ID to do it and Schalkguy should be retrained in enforcement of the actual servers roleplay policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henlo I was the XO during this round, Maxina Song

Windhealer was 'RPing/Pretending to be a synthetic with a cardboard box helmet asking for my ID for ID ACCESS perms. OOCly, obviously he's not a synth, but I decided to play along to create a scenario for people aboard the ship thinking it was harmless fun. So he 'persuaded' me into handing my ID to him to which he used to give himself access, for harmless fun.

I would like to clearly state that it did not affect my round or the SOs round at all, and he did not use the perms for malicious intent, only to 'fool' the shipside crew at the time by changing his job name to 'Captain of the USMC' and trolling communications. As far as I know, he din't harm any shipside crew/Medbay and he still did his duty as an MT loading OB and all that; We actually ended up winning that round also.

I'm sure Schalkguy was just doing his job, and tbh ultimately the responsibility of the noting/rulebreaking would have been mine as I played along with the joke that Windhealer was doing, OOCly giving up my ID. BUT EVEN THEN, Mishandling of IDs would at most feel like a MP punishment (Punishing Maxina with brig or something for ID incompetency) rather than OOC Intervention and noting. I DO strongly feel the note should be removed, and if possible, if he is still found guilty, that the note be transferred to me because I created an, arguably, 'grey line RP scenario' without admin consent.

Again, honestly just a misunderstanding I feel like, and it could have been handled without noting, though I can understand why it might have been confusing for the admin. Again, sorry for this, I was just trying to play along and give people/MPs on the ship something to do harmlessly.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp logs with XO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Next round windhealer ahelp logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The note is:

Warned for LRP and stealing an ID to give himself AA
    By schalkguy (Administrator) on 2021-11-30 00:27:24

This is LRP under our current rules, and you did steal an ID to give yourself All Access.

The RP rules you are referencing are no longer in effect and have been dropped for over a week now.

This note is accurate and suitably describes the situation. I suppose steal could be elaborated into "deceived another player into being given an ID", but it is close enough.

Resolved - A link to this report will be added to your notes so anyone curious about the note Schalkguy added can look it up, but there is no possible way to include all of this in a single note. Schalkguy acted appropriately.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???