Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shad0vvs - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stan_albatross View Post
    strobia that was very mean and not wholesome

seeing as nobody has asked any questions i'll do a few hc and playstyle ones.

1. You are shipside recovering a body, and go into the cl's office in cloak to get it. There are quite a few marines inside but you're in cloak so you think you can hpc and get out with the body - however, when you fire and get in, the cl (who was on ultrazine) immediately gets up from the stun and locks down the office. What do you do?

2. You're on the planet hunting an obscenely good praetorian who has killed a ton of marines when it walks into a mortar shell and dies to it. Another predator starts insulting you on the radio about it, what do you do?

3. You're clearing vines on lv in cloak when a runner runs into you and you hit it once on accident (due to spamclick), what do you do?

4. Two yautjas are having an honour duel on lz2, you are spectating, when suddenly some marines run up and start getting close to the fighters, one fires a flamer near them - what do you do?
    niggaima menace

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0vvs View Post
    https://youtu.be/DTtETj3MtzA?t=70
    But really, any actively defending the gear and/or manipulating or defending the corpse would have to be killed at that point if I couldn't escape with it. Sacrilege is not to be tolerated.

I would definitely insult him back verbally, if they haven't even dueled anyone, maybe even rub that in their face. Perhaps escalate to an honor duel if they don't relent.

Obviously if it went crit I would put it on weeds if at all possible in a safe location. Otherwise I would probably tell it to watch its step next time and that it dulled my weapon. Perhaps even laugh at it.

If one flamed near them but it didn't interrupt the duel directly by setting one on fire, I would aggressively throw him away and tell him to put away his weapon and to not interfere, or I would kill him here and now. If he tries to do anything else to interrupt I would kill him and decapitate him along with else who tried to interfere.
    1. Pretty good answer, it's not a good situation to end up and this would be basically the only way to handle it.

2. Natural course of action for this chain of events, if you don't feel it severe enough to require an honour duel you can settle the score with a spar on the ship to show who's stronger. Good answer.

3. Good answer, make sure you immediately decloak and make it clear that it was an accident.

4. Very good answer, honour duels are not to be interfered with, but not immediately going "UNGA BUNGA SPIKE LAUNCHER TIME" shows that you have the right attitude.

Story was pretty good, but predators usually hunt alone and do not protect each other like depicted. Helping others with their blooding trial could allow yautjas too weak to be blooded to become blooded, and thus disgrace and weaken the clan, which basically all yautjas of the clan would want to avoid. Honestly I doubt that they would work together like that, although idk if it's different for Thar'ns and their blooding rituals.

Additional question : in what scenarios is it acceptable for yautjas in-game to work together in a hunt? Give a few examples.

Additional question : you take a thrall, after a while running about hunting on the planet they start getting tacklespam capped by TKO, what do you do?

Answer these additional questions and I'll give a verdict
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Additional question : in what scenarios is it acceptable for yautjas in-game to work together in a hunt? Give a few examples.
    Get rid of those that are dishonorable (not only by someone else's word of mouth though, with proof/seen(unless they are councilor)), gear or body retrieval from the ship, and to kill an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Additional question : you take a thrall, after a while running about hunting on the planet they start getting tacklespam capped by TKO, what do you do?
    Hope they have a good fight vs them alone because I wouldn't be helping. If they manage to kill TKO and go crit somehow, I would probably heal them but it is my choice to do so.
    If they die I would recover their gear.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0vvs View Post
    Get rid of those that are dishonorable (not only by someone else's word of mouth though, with proof/seen(unless they are councilor)), gear or body retrieval from the ship, and to kill an abomination.

Hope they have a good fight vs them alone because I wouldn't be helping. If they manage to kill TKO and go crit somehow, I would probably heal them but it is my choice to do so.
    If they die I would recover their gear.
    1. Good answer, but remember to stay within the spirit of the whitelist when group hunting a dishonourable person (I.e. do not bring down every yautja upon a simple predhunter)

2. Also good answer, shows proper conduct with thralls

I'm confident enough to +1, good luck in the field.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good person who'd make a fine addition to the Thar'n clan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't spam smart disc please.

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Active, recognizable character,
    2) Always positive interactions ingame,
    3) Reliable and level-headed mod,

+1, hope to see you as a funny green breadator one day.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001