Byond ID?
    Fuente1

CM Character?
    Javier Handford

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT-3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    4-10 hours really depends on the day.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, small community's not important.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Currently only cm , before i used to play on a hispanic server ss13

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Currently, no.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, im willing to communicate with staff members to solve problems and give opinions/ thoughts about what is good or not.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If the player is new i will give him a note and discuss with the mp's about his punishment ic.
    However, if this player is not new, i'll have to talk with him about why he did it and stating the rules why he is gonna get punished for ( always giving him the reason of why i'm punish him, so he can reform and understand the rules. )
    About the players who got shot depending on his state, I will aheal ( if it's just minor wounds I will let the medic handle it ic, and about broken bones I will probably give him the aheal.)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is a whitelist issue, and that is another department however i will recommend the player to do an player report and let the yautja councils decide the punishment

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I handled some new guys ( because this is actually some new guy that doesnt know where to go) ic telling him all they need and where to go ( if he still doesn't understand) i call the sea's and even mentor help so they can guide it.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I will apply rule 0.2 , tell him to stop arguing / Insulting staff isn't tolerated.
    me being mad and rude at the other person is not the way of discussing/arguing things

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Rule 9. Character names
    Nicknames should not be considered a meme and also ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed, so i will tell him to change his ic name to a proper one by choice of the player.
    If he refuses to change his nickname he will be punished by this rule.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll check notes to see the conduct of this player and if I don't see anything bad let it go, Unless he starts griefing and doing mutiny's without staff approval.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First of all i talk to the survivor if there was any proper escalation if not i will remind him that survivors are not allowed to be hostile against marines and apply a note or jobban (punishment really depends on the conduct and notes of this survivor), about the marine i will give him aheal.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I will contact the mp and talk about why he did it, what this player did to him and state to me what marine law he applied to put this player in permanent confinement.
    If the player goes into permanent confinement for no proper reason, I will check the notes and conduct of the mp and do a jobban or a note depending on his notes/ conduct also telling him to free that player.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Options are limited here, so i will tell xenos as QM to do an attempt and assault the ship or cause a hijack

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since it is a conflict of interest, I have to pass it to another staff instead of dealing with it myself, if there is no other staff I try to contact any other in discord and save some evidence so they can have a verdict of this player.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Remind the player that his faction is hostile against uscm, so he had a reason to.
    i don't take actions

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd tell the player to stop this bad behaviour and also the player who got disarmed and punched can call the mp's and get rid of this issue ic.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    First of all, see if the marine got killed or injured really badly by punches / any harm intent, if not , its improper escalation and the marine who killed the other will be banned and noted.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell them to stop in MOOC, because is not approved by the staff team
    ''If the mutiny does not have a valid reason, it can't happen. Staff reserve the right to grant or deny mutinies, and to decide if the reason given is sufficient.''

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell them to immediately stop this behaviour, racism is not allowed, I expect this person to be reasonable and stop when I tell them to.
    if not i will have to apply rule 3 ''Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.'' noting them.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is a griefer, apply rule 4 No griefing.
    Aheal all the marines who got killed and banned and noted the griefer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would ask the larva why he went to the frontline as a larva , add a note to keep an eye and if he repeats this I will ban him. Rule 2 ''larva should typically remain within the Hive and avoid the frontlines.''

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Rule 2 , Language ''Spamming "Reeeee" and similar such behaviour in Hivemind or Local Chat is not allowed.'' this behaviour is not tolerated and is lrp and i will note him for netspeak
    About the xeno insulting the queen it can be handled ic... the queen can just banish him.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would explain the player that ahelped that is totally ok and not against the rules. (how else we should call the dropship then)

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Note him since they don't know what enemy they're gonna face groundside.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This situation is actually exceptional and I would let it pass if the area was unsafe and xenos were approaching the pods. (is a life or death situation that's why I say it is an exceptional circumstance.)

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    this is way too far, a really bad behaviour, first of all i will tell him personally to stop if he dont i will apply rule 0.2 and ban him and obviously note him.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Really nothing to do here, there may be some exceptions if the server is literally dying but I wouldn't take any action since everyone is affected by it.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    We have to pass this issue to a manager and the manager will see from his perspective the right answer and solve it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Inform higher rank staff so they can handle this and give a better solution to this.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to help the community and be more on the side of players and help them with any issue they have.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being Respectful , Patience , and sometimes understanding the other person.

Anything else you
    Javier Handford, fragger from the uscm corp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya! So you already applied a month back but were denied for bad conduct on Discord as Somenerd explained back then. Your notes and such which were mentioned then are not gonna be taken into account for this, as such, from my point of view.

Now, your app back then was deemed 'relatively ok' but it seems you really just copy-pasted your old one in here?

Ito, in particular, gave you VERY extensive feedback on every answer you gave, and I've only seen you correct one single question that was marked as being not ok (that being the Medic ODing people).

I won't go over your answers since you literally just pasted them. I will, however, give my two cents that I find it VERY low effort to just copy your old app with barely any improvements made. It's quite literally the same thing, and even things that were marked for you to be 'ok, but please elaborate?' you didn't bother to actually do. To me, this displays a certain lack of willingness to actually go the full mile, and makes it look like you think you can just get trial mod by relaxing because Somenerd told you 'please reapply, this app is otherwise decent'. That's not really how it goes - you have to be willing to improve and SHOW that you can listen to others and improve based on feedback. You really haven't done this here.

That aside, you haven't collected any new notes or bans, in-game at least, since your last application which is good. I don't know how it is with Discord, but a Discord Staffer can tell us more on that front whenever they get back to you.

All in all, I can't really comfortably give this a thumbs up. Your complete disregard for the very extensive feedback people were willing to spill and write out for you last time hurts me deeply and does rub me the wrong way about your willingness and ability to listen to others effectively, and also shines a bad light on this new app since it's quite literally just a repost. -1
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello lilpenpusher, The fault is that my answers are really short and to the point and also if my answer were decent / some goods i didn't know i had to change it , there's some question that ito answer me:

You would just ignore the help, mark it and not say anything? (obviously im not gonna ignore an ahelp of the player)

if A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would check combat logs and ask him if his reason is not good enough, note him since is really lrp to just run around disarming and punching + stealing, if the items that the marine stole are necessary ( spec items ) i have to tell the marine to give it back.

I'd like to help the community and be more on the side of players and help them with any issue they have.
    Ito:''Why a moderator instead of a mentor in this case? As a moderator, you tend to end up being at odds quite often with the player base, as a necessity of doing your job.''
    There's a role for the players that is community manager. Why can't a mod help the players then since the rules are for the players against abuses?

Ito:''I am unfamiliar with you in-game, you never stood out to me. As such I cant make a judgment on your behaviour or ML, both of which are of interest in an applicant.''
    I think ito just play roles on the almayer. That's why he never saw me playing, but I play everyday, I have videos in the cm official discord ( that i upload from time to time and daily sometimes), and I don't get arrested so much.
    Last edited by Fuente; 12-06-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuente View Post
    Hello lilpenpusher, The fault is that my answers are really short and to the point and also if my answer were decent / some goods i didn't know i had to change it
    You were given extensive feedback and while yes, there were certainly good answers that didn't require editing, you had plenty where Ito or Somenerd asked for clarification/elaboration on your actions. The one just below for example:

You would just ignore the help, mark it and not say anything? (obviously im not gonna ignore an ahelp of the player)
    Why didn't you elaborate on this question when, last time around, you were told to be more concrete and describe WHY you wouldn't aheal a facehugged SSD player? Your response made it seem like you were not going to do anything, hence Ito's question. In this, your second application, you didn't bother to remedy this clearly badly phrased question despite being very clearly asked for some clarification.

if A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would check combat logs and ask him if his reason is not good enough, note him since is really lrp to just run around disarming and punching + stealing, if the items that the marine stole are necessary ( spec items ) i have to tell the marine to give it back.
    Not entirely correct. Disarming and stealing things isn't inherently an OOC issue, but rather IC, and the MPs should deal with theft and assault as per usual. You SHOULD check their notes if you see it happen/it is ahelped, to see if this player has a note history of doing this sort of stuff, but unless they start actively ruining people's rounds by stealing VITAL/rare gear, like spec gear or gear that costs vendor points, it's usually IC restricted.

Ito:''Why a moderator instead of a mentor in this case? As a moderator, you tend to end up being at odds quite often with the player base, as a necessity of doing your job.''
    Why there's a role of Community manager must be for the players , also rules are not only for staff but for defending the player against abuses.
    You still haven't really answered Ito's question I feel - or maybe you have? Your english is *really* making it hard to understand you here, and it's another thing that's making me wary of your application. Staff don't have to be A++ native speakers in English, but a bare minimum is enforced to ensure there's not serious, accidental misunderstandings between staff and players due to not being able to understand and/or express one's self in English. In this case, quite frankly, I have no idea what you meant. Please elaborate if possible.

I may have come off a little harsh in this particular comment, but it's my personal belief that a strong tone of voice reinforces my original point of view on this matter:

You simply did not read, and did not properly listen, to feedback. You made no effort, at all, to realise and think about the things people carefully laid out for you. I'm personally sticking to my -1 for this, as well as some lackluster English that's making me wary.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am deeply sorry that you didn’t like my answers. lilpenpusher, i tried to resolve some of your concerns but i was unable to , thanks for your feedback.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player, no ingame problems(aside form the table incident), understands the questions with proper answers. Any more specific problems can be fixed in trial/training. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuente is honestly one of the top person I'd want to see as a staff.
    He's very straightforward, the opposite of two faced and knows this game and how to behave in it.
    I think having someone that plays more with the other players and understand each side of the medal is something this server lacks a bit.
    I haven't seen that guy lose his temper even once, nor did I've ever witnessed anything that made me question his judgement.

I honestly believe that Fuente knows enough of the ML and that his answers were quite solid. The answers that really needed correction already got solved from the past application and I also think that something as trivial as ML shouldn't really be a major point in what makes a good staff, as it can be taught quite easily.

I also do not think Fuente's slight lack of English knowledge should really be considered, unless we're being highly hypocrites toward another staff from which I couldn't decipher most of their sentences on their first week.

All in all, I'd trust Fuente to learn and become cool staff guy

+1

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes without saying that this is denied, and you are barred from future applications to any staff position.

Resolved - Denied
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t appreciate being threatened with explosives joke or not. Be glad you aren’t community banned for your actions.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for clarity's sake in case anyone wasn't aware in retrospect, I was made aware of comments from the applicant stating they would like to put a "pipe box" [sic] in my house and several other prominent staff members. I shared this with the rest of management as I was confused as to the intention of someone applying for moderator and yet making statements like that.

As stated, denied.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)