User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuine hypocrisy in this communities moderation

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genuine hypocrisy in this communities moderation

So following todays big drama, I think an important thing to point out is the sheer lack of standards and complete disregard for any kind of consistency in how this community is moderated.

5 people got banned for making jokes on various meta discords about members of the community, I'm not gonna defend what they said or anything like that, I'm personally not a big fan of edgy shitter comments but the staff team decided they were enough to warrant an instant discord ban. In the case of one user, we don't even know what they said and no evidence was provided.

But about a week ago, Lilpenpusher, a trial moderator who openly grudges on me makes a "joke" about wanting me dead

The punishment they get? Basically a slap on the wrist, if that. They were told to try and not involve themselves with me and not to say it again. They weren't discord banned, they didn't fail their trial moderator, they weren't even made to apologize. This isn't even the first time this has happened, a few months ago another mod made a particular joke about wanting me to be "eaten alive by wild animals", they of course said it was just a joke but this is also someone who complained to their husband that I was "making their life miserable", all because I would jailbreak a bit too much as MT.

So we have two staff members making extremely toxic comments about a player, solely because of the way I play the game. Basically no punishment.

Several players do the same thing and get instantly banned, no transparency or even evidence provided for it.

When the staff do it, the excuses are suddenly "well we don't moderate other discords/peoples DM's, its not really a big issue, this is clearly a joke, etc etc".

When a player does it, its instant ban.

If the staff team of this game wants the respect they desire from the community, they need to start acting like leaders and not like bosses. Which means actually SETTING an example and being consistent in your dealings, not moderating based on how your feeling that day towards someone.

[sign]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well......uhm.................. you see dreven......... the best we can do is uhm......... verbal warnings here.................. we have to maintain the hugbox....................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel you man

at this point I feel like some of the staff are even being malicious instead of just ignorant/bad...

CM has such a good community but i dont know how to fix the staff situation

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only way this divide between staff/community and general incompetency is ever being fixed is if jamie purges everyone in the staff team below him

one month with a rule-less CM where the community maintains control and power until the great reformation can finally begin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention that this user violated cm rules and make a laugh in public about the notes of a player in the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me when true toxicity vs meme toxicity (misti=true toxicity)

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    But about a week ago, Lilpenpusher, a trial moderator who openly grudges on me makes a "joke" about wanting me dead

The punishment they get? Basically a slap on the wrist, if that. They were told to try and not involve themselves with me and not to say it again. They weren't discord banned, they didn't fail their trial moderator, they weren't even made to apologize.
    When making shit up in a false report gets another player in the same amount of trouble as executing someone because they made you angry.

Some players are more equal than others, it seems.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the staff team of this game wants the respect they desire from the community, they need to start acting like leaders and not like bosses. Which means actually SETTING an example and being consistent in your dealings, not moderating based on how your feeling that day towards someone.
    [sign]
    I think the biggest take-away from you over the last couple of years is how you genuinely cannot handle anyone slighting you in the least and you'll hold onto a grudge forever. You're bringing up the most basic and minor shit possible that offended you personally by comparing it to an on-going serious threat against someone is beyond self-centered.

You'd have to be a fucking moron to equate someone saying "They could die for all I care" to equal; "I want to actively murder this person and this is how".
    I can't believe I have to tell you this, but your situation isn't anywhere similar or close to the one you're trying to compare it.

5 people got banned for making jokes on various meta discords about members of the community, I'm not gonna defend what they said or anything like that,
    You're not going to defend obviously bad shit people were saying, but you are going to instead conform this around yourself and paint yourself as a victim somehow?
    Shit like this is exhausting and if you're a player genuinely upset about staff protocol/actions don't fucking rally around players like Dreven who highjack the Drama for their own soap-box moment.

In other words, how can Dreven make this all about him because someone insulted him awhile back.
    Last edited by Fewher; 12-07-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dreven is mean to me but lilpenpusher is nefarious and comically evil for some reason

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff actually deleted this entire thread LMAO.

And some good staffer restored it. Hot dang!