Nancok - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Nancok

Marine Name
    Puck "Petero" Robertsons

Other Whitelist Applications
    I did a mentor application, does that count?

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Isaac

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    I like to play robots like robots, so mostly straight forward "understood", "will do" and all that.
    Altho i'd like to, if marines get cheeky or dumb, to burst into a less professional way, like "the quality of marine tests have REALLY decayed lately" or "this lack of cognitive function is rare"

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Robots are cool.
    Other reasons are that synths usually have a lot to do so it's never boring (i honestly like all support roles in general over combat, i'd do them all the time if there wasn't so much downtime involved)
    And leading is usually daunting so a role that just gets told what to do is more relaxing than, let's say, CMO or CE
    Why should i get whitelisted? i don't really have a reason, i can randomly beep boop when there's complete silence out of the blue tho, that has to be a plus

Synthetic Character Story
    I didn't imagine a synth's story would matter? it's not like a previous mission should be able to alter their personality or behaviour right?

Anyway, here it goes:
    Isaac is activated during an emergency, the ship has been attacked by CLF members and overtaken trough numbers, the activation of him being merely a desperate resort at helping in stabilizing the situation. This does not work. Despite dealing with wounded and critical repairs swiftly, there just aren't enough troops to hold.
    After a skirmish that feels like hours, Isaac an officer and some subordinates, being the last survivors, manage to fetch a lifeboat and flee the now beyond-repair ship.
    Along the way, the lifeboat violently hits a small asteroid it could not dodge, the crew suffered minor damages but the ship is in critical state.
    While the crew patches up their wounds with the nearby medkit, Isaac manages to make a hole into the hull where the wiring compartment is, seal the hole behind them and finally open a hole out to space.
    They patch up the critical damage to the lifeboat, leaving the lifeboat ready to continue.
    However, the risky maneuver done to exit the ship without compromising it's inner atmosphere was really risky and the officer deems it not worth the risk of having the synth come back inside in that manner.
    Isaac agrees without question, and without another way to get in, simply lets go of the ship and shuts down, only thing left is to wait for W-Y to send a recovery team, if the lifeboat manages to contact anyone and/or makes it to port.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Pretty sure i know all there is to know, i don't fully get what hacking req vendors do but something tells me synths don't do that anyway

How familiar are you with Command?
    I've been SO plenty and aCO a bunch of times, i am not the best at calling shots but i do know how all the machinery and procedures work.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Field medic main and i know the surgeries very well, done a lot of CMO and researcher work

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Been RO plenty of times and did all there is to do in req, the new rework shifted some stuff around but the rest is the same so yeah.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    - I am cornered and unable to escape/escape would be futile
    - A marine i am tending/protecting is under direct, immediate attack
    - A human is actively attacking another in a life threatening manner such as with a deadly weapon (can only subdue)

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    idk if the backstory was supposed to be like "how do you think a round would play out" or straight up a backstory as such. So i went with the later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya Nancok, figured id leave some quick if not daunting feedback on here. While a counciler and/or older synths are best left to feedback, i should prolly get the blaring issues outta the way first.

Theres only a few things i feel at liberty to bring up, and those are the quirck and story. The synth story is meant to SHOWCASE Your quirk, thats entire point of it, as well as showcasing your ability in english. As it is right now your story neither showcases your quirck, or any dialogue from your synth for that matter. There are a ton of examples on the forums under accepted applications and the basic WL guidelines.

Going off of that, and I should have mentioned first, is that your quirck is bordeline, if not a break of rule 4 in essence, i am not an authority to speak on that, just personal opinion.

Rule Number 4 "4 - Do not antagonize or directly insult Marine personnel. Quips, banter and objective statements are fine, outright insults are not." A councilor would have to confirm that because i suck on synth feedback, but having your entire quirk based around on pretty much degrading marines is a bit uh oh. Same case as story, tons of examples under accepted apps for a quirk a synth might have!

Im too lazy to talk about combat questions, i just wanted to leave my immediate thoughts. Someone more meticulous can do that.

In addendum, PLEASE, by God read over accepted applications and synth rules/app guidelines, theres so many examples abound. Additionally, WL Help on the discord is a great resource. There are plenty of friendly people around to help out. At this moment ill have to leave a personal -1 at the moment.

P.S.

I have only recently seen you play SEA, and when you have, I have noticed a lack of attentiveness. Im sorry for the cynical feedback, I hope to see ya ask around in WL help in the future. Good luck!
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to see that you decided to apply for the beastmode WL, I used to play a lot of silycons because I liked the borg life too. I'm not going to reiterate what Tater said, because there's no point. However, your combat answers are poor. They boil down to I can do combat because I am alone or essentially alone, also you failed to provide any real examples. We do not want a summary of the rules, we know them. We want real examples to make sure that you know the rules. You need need an essay length answer, just situations that show you do know the guidelines.

Also your third combat answer is incorrect. Only marines are afforded special protections under your programing, see rule 1 of the programming rules below.

Overarching Rules for Synthetic Personnel

0.1 - If in doubt, ask before you do or take anything.
    1 - Do not harm Marine personnel.

This special protection is not provided to USCM "allies" or any other faction. Your combat restrictions mean doing the minimum required, but you are completely able to kill humans.

I heavily suggest withdrawing the app, and like tater suggested, asking in #whitelist-app-help. You're a mentor man, you should know this stuff.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To tater:
    Do i edit the backstory or do i make another submission?
    I want to add that i had the rule 4 fully in mind when i wrote that, i considered a quip since it is little more than a jab at poor behaviour (it would not quip at random in general, only if a marine did something really bad, like major FF and the like), it's main personality is the lack of one and just being "hello i am robot, insert command pls"
    I only added the quips because i want to know if, the situation deserves it, i am allowed to make such comments, not because his personality is based around it
    But i find it funny that the emotoonless synth just sees something so bad it can't help but comment on it, ofc, the comments would be as negative as the examples shown, nothing more than that

To c4:
    I shall elaborate more on the combat part, the last answer is wrong yeah, i even knew the whole hostile factions not counting but my brain skipped town, i will adress it when i rewrite it

I honestly just got carried away with the backstory and got lazy for the rest, i will fix the issues when i get back to my computer cuz mobile sucks
    Last edited by Nancok; 12-08-2021 at 12:46 AM.
    From mateland with LOVE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancok View Post
    To tater:
    Do i edit the backstory or do i make another submission?
    I want to add that i had the rule 4 fully in mind when i wrote that, i considered a quip since it is little more than a jab at poor behaviour (it would not quip at random in general, only if a marine did something really bad, like major FF and the like), it's main personality is the lack of one and just being "hello i am robot, insert command pls"
    I only added the quips because i want to know if, the situation deserves it, i am allowed to make such comments, not because his personality is based around it
    But i find it funny that the emotoonless synth just sees something so bad it can't help but comment on it, ofc, the comments would be as negative as the examples shown, nothing more than that
    Hey again, you will likely have to make another submission as this will prolly follow the same process as other apps of the caliber. To do so you simply have to inform a counciler/senator or whatever of your intention to withdraw (either through discord or here)

However, i have never been a counselor or senator and cannot put a final word behind that, so it may be best to DM or ping a current synth council member to see if there is an exception. But generally the above stated withdrawel is the route you would take. THERE is a timeout on when you can next re-apply after denial/withdrawel. So yeah might be good to check with someone in a position of authority.

Quips and stuff like that are allowed for all synths (unless it breaks their character) as per rule 4 as ya stated, however it isent a perk in itself as its just an inclusion into your already existing dialogue. For example my synth would make an objective comment (probalby some blown out safety talk), or anyone elses would just have that integrated into their quirck well without it being their quirk itself. No clue if i worded this right.

Working joes are "similar" to the robot you described, and are basically as basic as synths can get. Im by no means a quirk master or even influencer, again, council is far better suited to provide feedback on that, although i do vaguely remember someone mentioning something similar was OKAY. Check with Jakk or any other councilor in WL help.

Again, to get a solid example of how synth quirks work look at accepted apps, and even denied apps to see what ISENT okay. Other than that, Jakk and the other counselors are here to help!

P.S.

Most of them are currently asleep or busy, there are a few such as Day/frogzeke (sorry!) that are on around this time of day, i think. So dont be worried if it takes a hot second to get a reply.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to withdraw this one since ik it's not good enough
    From mateland with LOVE