User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenos without the mutators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xenos without the mutators

So while this experiment is running why not tally this and formulate opinions on what is happening.

So far, from what I have seen, I've seen Xenos win once on big red and lost on LV twice and ice once. What I noticed on the first round was xenos were not used to the changes and tossed themselves into extremely stupid spots. On the second round that was big red, xenos were rather conservative on moves and attacks somewhat needed seeing as fire is a bitch. I should know, I was burned after I missed a leap. This makes me think that some of the tactics (or lack of) have to change now that xenos lack the massive stat boosting mutators plus the xenos need a little time to either adjust or get their mains together and stomp the marines into the dirt in a tryhard fashion. Also welcome back capture hives, no more tackle nerfs to get you down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This needs at least a couple of days to stew so we can see the changes unfold imo, which is going to suck for Xeno mains if it turns out this update really does skew the win-rate that hard. Though speaking from personal experience, something must be really wrong at least right now if I can join the frontline and secure kills. I'm bad, it shouldn't be this easy to run up on Elder Spitters and take them head on by myself, tanking acid spit while closing the gap with a shotgun. While this is partly due to Xenos playing like they have been, and marines gaining newfound confidence because of the update, I think there may be problems when a noob like me can shrug it off and keep punting aliens I have no right to be beating.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos were losing more often than winning before mutators. Marines have got nothing but buffs since then. What do you think is gonna happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, for a more technical take on things..
    Mutators aren't removed, only stat mutators. However as there are BARELY any other mutators they are effectively removed.
    I kinda agree with the removal, I think the choices were obvious (health, speed, armor, tackle debuff) and it is better to balance stats at the "root" level than having to factor all mutator options into balance. Personally I am also somewhat beyond caring as after "buckshot nerfs" I have been getting 1 hit critted from PB buckshot as elder/ancient even if I take every defensive mutator, so I have no room for making mistakes anyway you know?
    If we get more new mutators that alter gameplay, like "offweed regen" then it should be interesting. I only disagree with the removal of "Acid upgrade", to me that is not a pure stat thing, it is a good option to have.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are going to do the smart thing and rebalance each xeno caste individually and scrap mutators then that's a good idea. I honestly have no idea what they are planning though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateFury View Post
    This needs at least a couple of days to stew so we can see the changes unfold imo, which is going to suck for Xeno mains if it turns out this update really does skew the win-rate that hard. Though speaking from personal experience, something must be really wrong at least right now if I can join the frontline and secure kills. I'm bad, it shouldn't be this easy to run up on Elder Spitters and take them head on by myself, tanking acid spit while closing the gap with a shotgun. While this is partly due to Xenos playing like they have been, and marines gaining newfound confidence because of the update, I think there may be problems when a noob like me can shrug it off and keep punting aliens I have no right to be beating.
    A spitter... used acid spit on you... You do know that like, acid spit sucks super, duper, fucking hard? xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketrai View Post
    A spitter... used acid spit on you... You do know that like, acid spit sucks super, duper, fucking hard? xD
    You know I'd thought about it but I don't play Xeno often so I fogured maybe he knew something I didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea behind this update was to set a baseline for balancing.

I don't know how to tweak marine weapons if I don't see how Xenos behave without mutators or how much damage they take on average by all sorts of marine weapons. The easiest solution, by far, was to remove mutators, wait a day then adjust marine weapons as needed.

Mutators will come back in the future. Just not as stat boosts.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    The idea behind this update was to set a baseline for balancing.

I don't know how to tweak marine weapons if I don't see how Xenos behave without mutators or how much damage they take on average by all sorts of marine weapons. The easiest solution, by far, was to remove mutators, wait a day then adjust marine weapons as needed.

Mutators will come back in the future. Just not as stat boosts.
    you are giving me some hope, that is bad cause it will most likely be crushed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno what to feel yet, I'm doing fine but I see a lot of people playing alien struggle to adjust to new pull speeds, health, etc.

Maturation speed going back to what it was at just before this update would help?