User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenos without the mutators

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by discotau View Post
    Dunno what to feel yet, I'm doing fine but I see a lot of people playing alien struggle to adjust to new pull speeds, health, etc.

Maturation speed going back to what it was at just before this update would help?
    Agreed, saw a lot of sloppy plays yesterday by benos. The removal of speed buffs in particular were noticeable
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    The idea behind this update was to set a baseline for balancing.

I don't know how to tweak marine weapons if I don't see how Xenos behave without mutators or how much damage they take on average by all sorts of marine weapons. The easiest solution, by far, was to remove mutators, wait a day then adjust marine weapons as needed.

Mutators will come back in the future. Just not as stat boosts.
    What about faster laying, stronger acid etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Agreed, saw a lot of sloppy plays yesterday by benos. The removal of speed buffs in particular were noticeable
    Hardest part for me was Lurker drag speed and Warrior not being as tanky.

edit: I'd like to see mutators for Warriors etc like 'lower cooldown on abilities'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    What about faster laying, stronger acid etc?
    Keystone mutators are still in the game.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardest part for me was Lurker drag speed and Warrior not being as tanky.

edit: I'd like to see mutators for Warriors etc like 'lower cooldown on abilities'
    Yeah capturing seems more important now but with drag speed gone it's trickier. Will take some adjusting. Runner caste was heavily affected, especially rav. I'm just happy the fatass boiler can't run faster than an armored marine now. Prae seems like the clear best t3 right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Yeah capturing seems more important now but with drag speed gone it's trickier. Will take some adjusting. Runner caste was heavily affected, especially rav. I'm just happy the fatass boiler can't run faster than an armored marine now. Prae seems like the clear best t3 right now
    Don't bother trying out Crusher it's useless now I saw one get critted from a buckshot PB

edit: completely unrelated but will a warrior ever be able to use its environment to kill people again? I adored using tables to punish people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    Keystone mutators are still in the game.
    Stronger acid isnt keystone and was removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    Stronger acid isnt keystone and was removed
    Yes, that's intended. Where's the problem here?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bother trying out Crusher it's useless now I saw one get critted from a buckshot PB

edit: completely unrelated but will a warrior ever be able to use its environment to kill people again? I adored using tables to punish people.
    Crusher will be better once they introduce keystones, otherwise eh haven't played crusher in months. Also yeah, rip fun warrior but oh well

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really dislike what happened recently, and take my biased opinion as a grain of salt due to well, bias.

Though there has been a lot of Marine buffs and Xeno nerfs recently, with the recent "Rework", I believe the offset for overall weaker Xenos as they mature was "You upgrade twice as fast, and even though your stats don't increase, you still get mutator points."

Right now that was reverted back so Upgrading takes just as long as before, with most upgrade above Mature not harboring any stat increases for the same amount of time AND Mutators are almost entirely gone. For a long time Mutators were touted as "We're going to rework Xenos to make them more fun to play and give more options" and the end result right now is practically the opposite, upgrades being useless past mature, and lower stats across the board.

I could go on about even more changes recently (Such as Ravagers being almost useless now since their removals going past armor deflects was what carried them.) but I think those two points highlight pretty well how heavily Xenos were nerfed and how incredibly unfun they are to play right now. Marines are constantly getting more options, more fun gameplay opportunities via Mini Pyro, Mini etc, new toys and CAS reworks, and to be quite frank, I do not enjoy playing Xeno at all anymore.

It's just not fun. Which is odd since I have been a Xeno Main for years now. It's not even just the nerfs, it's just less options, less variability, and now I don't even have the power to show for making it to Ancient anymore, it's literally just the name. It just feels really like Xeno players are 2nd fiddle right now. Nerf after nerf after Marine buff, and when I brought up these exact complaints in the past was told "You still get mutator points, stop complaining, play Xenos because its fun, not because of how strong they are" and now there's nothing.

Anyways: As I said take this with a grain of salt. I do not have a magic eyepiece into behind the scenes what devs may be planning, and as I said, i'm incredibly biased, but this is just how it feels right now, as a long time Xeno player.

/Semi-Rant
    Last edited by themaskedman2; 02-19-2019 at 03:31 AM.