User Tag List

Thread: How to TRULY know when you can evolve as alien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to TRULY know when you can evolve as alien

Larvae:
    Larvae mature twice as fast when they are on weeds. Make sure to stay on weeds at round start or you will lose the evolve race.

Evolve Time
    Evolve time after larvae is easily calculated. One tick = two seconds. For example, an upgrade requiring /800 ticks will take 1600 seconds, or about 26.7 minutes.

Minutes left until evolve = (Evolve ticks needed * 2) / 60

How to know when a T2 slot is open

A T2 slot opens when the number of T1 xenos + larvae (NOT BURROWED LARVAE!) outnumbers the sum of the T2 and T3 xenos combined. For example, if there are 2 larvae, 8 T1s, 6 T2s, and 5 T3s, you cannot evolve from T1 to T2.

2 larvae + 8 T1s = 10 | 6 T2s + 5 T3s = 11 total, exceeds amount of larvae + T1s by 1 therefore no T2 slot is available

I hope this helps more than the vague "The hive can support more mature castes!" that lies half the time.
    Last edited by adrenalinetooth; 02-19-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unless they changed it larvae doesn't count towards the t2 slot calculation. You have to wait till they evolve to t1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought so too but last round I witnessed 6 larvae, 5 T1s vs 10 that allowed for a T2 evolve.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you counted in the queens mutators. Pretty sure larvae do not count towards the amount needed to evolve.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That shit was severely bugged last time I played CM. 20 T2/t3's and able to evolve as a T1 when there was only 10.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hive can support more mature castes!

Biggest lie ever made. Anyways un-evolved and burrowed larva do not count towards the total amount of Xenos for making room for T2+T3s. So your best shot at getting a T2 or higher is right after that larva evolves into a T1