User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugnip55 - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based XO gamer, can lead an op with minor events going on and in solo CIC. +1
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had you as my XO you seem to be pretty good in the role too, so I hope to see you get the WL. You also have a really good story, definitely one of the better ones, I and liked it quite a lot.

That said I do have a couple questions.

1. Marines are ignoring your brief and having a chair brawl... you can see at least 1 marine in crit, sadly you dont recall having any MPs on staff today

2. Req is unmanned, and you dont have an XO or LT to dump the job on, what do you do?

3. an MP has arrested a colonist prisoner on Science annex, and now the colonist is demanding to speak with the captain what do you do?

4. the Chief engineer has sabotaged the reactors while you were ground side and CIC is now losing power.

5. a WY director has boarded the almayer to speak with you but you are the sole command personnel in CIC. Do you delegate command to a LCDR or do something else? (there isnt really a wrong answer here, I just am curious.)

6. Is this FOB Acceptable? what are its flaws? How do you go about unfucking it if there are any glaring flaws?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...34/unknown.png

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After two years of me telling you you're great enough to be a CO you finally applied;

Ugnip is a good member of the community that can hold the RP standards of the WL and can handle the equipment that comes along with the role

+1
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4hands44 View Post
    I've had you as my XO you seem to be pretty good in the role too, so I hope to see you get the WL. You also have a really good story, definitely one of the better ones, I and liked it quite a lot.

That said I do have a couple questions.

1. Marines are ignoring your brief and having a chair brawl... you can see at least 1 marine in crit, sadly you dont recall having any MPs on staff today

2. Req is unmanned, and you dont have an XO or LT to dump the job on, what do you do?

3. an MP has arrested a colonist prisoner on Science annex, and now the colonist is demanding to speak with the captain what do you do?

4. the Chief engineer has sabotaged the reactors while you were ground side and CIC is now losing power.

5. a WY director has boarded the almayer to speak with you but you are the sole command personnel in CIC. Do you delegate command to a LCDR or do something else? (there isnt really a wrong answer here, I just am curious.)

6. Is this FOB Acceptable? what are its flaws? How do you go about unfucking it if there are any glaring flaws?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...34/unknown.png
    1. Presuming I have my briefing in the briefing room, I start with a flash of the room. I'll also mention that the only reason our deployment will be delayed is because of the marines themselves. If this does not encourage them neither, I'll deputize some of my SOs to arrest the main perpetrators for the applicable crimes and hopefully be able to do briefing from there on out.

2. Assuming I have a synthetic, I'll send him down until it is no longer needed, or optionally ask the SEA. However if I take the question at face value and that there truly is no one to help me, I'll quickly set up the orders on the Overwatch consoles and possibly delay briefing by a few minutes to get the marines equipped adequately. I'll set up first drop with mats and the like and get it on the supply pod. I then do standard req things until briefing, in which case after that I hope someone will be able to take over. If not, it's not impossible to juggle the two while doing CIC by using the TAC map and command tablet as well.

3. The survivor has no right to demand my presence, but presuming I have time I see no harm in meeting and consulting with them on whatever issue they may have. If I'm swamped I'll have the CMP/Warden deal with whatever he needs, which is likely an appeal for whatever crime he committed.

4. Assuming this is intentional, I would call the MPs to arrest the CE for sedition. I would authorize their execution if the MPs wish to do one, and I would have any shipside MTs get to fixing the reactor. If none are present, I'd pull out an engineer of my choosing who I deem competent to do it in their place.

5. An unfortunate situation to be in. The WY director holds a lot of influence and it's desirable that he is spoken to as fast as possible. He likely does not come without reason. I would attempt to contact the CE to take over. If they deny it, I'd go for the RO, and then the CMP. Worst case, there's always some form of junior staff who can hold down the fort at least somewhat while I speak to the director. If there's absolutely no person who can take over, he'll have to wait. The operation comes before politics.

6. Oh boy. I think I'd cry if that was the FOB I had to deal with. It looks very fancy but it suffers from multiple glaring faults. I'm gonna link a picture with what I spotted personally:

FOB faults

Below is what I think could be done to fix some of the glaring issues in my book. I'm no engineer main, but this seems pretty obvious to me:

FOB updates
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Your answers seem solid, and the rounds I've with you as XO were as well.

My only thing Ill say, is Prisoner Colonists arent supposed to be arrested on sight on fiorna, They are supposed to be treated like any other colonist. As such you should reprimand your CMP or Warden if they dont release the Colonist (assuming they havent broken ML since rescue)

That said you seem like a solid +1
    Last edited by 4hands44; 12-08-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played under him as SL, and aSL, great at relaying information and actually knows gameplay. Active too, +1 for the CO whitelist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can handle the Predator whitelist and all the arbitrary rules that come with it, surely CO will be a breeze +1 (on a real note I've seen this guy since I quite literally started CM, he is one of the most competent marines I've ever seen, pretty sure alot of new marines joinin the game will enjoy serving under him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very competent XO, have seen him in a number of rounds. Great communication and RP.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Althought ive only recently been re-instated as a CO and haven't had the full CO/XO experience as of late, I have had the experience of working under and around the various XO mains that have cropped up, out of them so far only two have really stood out to me, you being one of them.

I dont normally, or dident normally leave very short responses when I used to give CO votes. Atleast, only the -1s were long, and the +1s were short. But im happy to say this is one of the shorter ones, +1 Unhesitantly from me!

When I saw the first couple of times as XO I was like "gee, this guy's gunning for CO WL" and assumed you were waiting for the other apps to go by, but im glad ya applied now as there's a whole fresh wave of em coming soon. The others already asked questions, and ya responded gamerly, the Spec pardon thing was also 100% cleared up. So.. ive got nothing more to say, and ya def know ML.

P.S.

I hope ya keep playin XO while this is up, your one of the best ones right now so dont let up on it, we deffo need em! Hope ya get accepted soon!
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Very well liked by many people in the community, plays a lot of XO (and wins like holy shit how do you positively influence the round as XO, I need the secret) and is a good RPer when he needs to be. Overall I feel like Ugnip would be an ideal addition to the WL that would help bring more credibility to it.