User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Force longer rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the toilet tip, didn't think of it.

I remember those surv rounds where we started with 30-50 survs and marines deployed later. To be frank xenos lucked out. Most surv started with a stack of metal and at least half of them were not used. If they really wanted, we could hold that round for waaay longer.

I have 2 solutions for this, either make a separate game mode, call it extra-long round and do it that way. Make mats way cheaper so engis can build better, give xenos more larvas so marines can't rush them but slow down their evo dramatically so they won't have many high tier xenos. Slowly speed it up during the round. This will force a long round as neither side can push too hard with dorky T1s against 10 layer of cades and marines can't run in against 30 xenos.

Other solution is give back maturity that we had before. That would pretty much solve all problems. The longer the round goes, the most pressure and excitement marines will have and it will force xenos not to suicide, but play it slow so they can go ancient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving back mechanical maturity would probably mean more stringent anti-rush enforcement on the half of marines. Not saying it's a bad thing, just there's other things to go with the idea
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Alright, I see in this barren wasteland of ideas, you need some:

What about... CM round having 2 stages?
    First stage is proper survivor vs benos. Most of the server spawns as benos and survivors. The catch is that survivors are designed to lose, their only objective is to survive (hiding/escaping/fighting). Some people spawn as Almayer crew (CIC staff, maybe MPs, researchers, OT, mass seargeant, RO, CT and MT, hell, maybe even few PFCs if they want) and have a lot of time to RP, prepare plans, prepare food, research and create explosives.

Second stage is classic marines vs benos. Survs that died this round can respawn as marines and benos.

Here you go, people who want to fight, get to fight quickly and twice in the same round (once as a surv, once as marine). People who want to RP, will have time to RP.
    Actually interesting idea... if you could pull it off the right way code-wise, anyway. Pre-drop rp can be very neat but is always cut short because of the obvious "Oh shit, gotta get to brief/Alamo"
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I see in this barren wasteland of ideas, you need some:

What about... CM round having 2 stages?
    First stage is proper survivor vs benos. Most of the server spawns as benos and survivors. The catch is that survivors are designed to lose, their only objective is to survive (hiding/escaping/fighting). Some people spawn as Almayer crew (CIC staff, maybe MPs, researchers, OT, mass seargeant, RO, CT and MT, hell, maybe even few PFCs if they want) and have a lot of time to RP, prepare plans, prepare food, research and create explosives.

Second stage is classic marines vs benos. Survs that died this round can respawn as marines and benos.

Here you go, people who want to fight, get to fight quickly and twice in the same round (once as a surv, once as marine). People who want to RP, will have time to RP.
    Its a good idea and something I've wanted for sometime, I think it'd be quite interesting if not a little tricky to balance, survivors would have to be tweaked heavily, enough that hiding/bunkering down/banding together, is most optimal while being aggressive is heavily punished by the Xenomorphs in most scenarios.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have long rounds, see the 4 hour slug fest on LV we had recently. Was it fun? No, because longer rounds just take to much time for most people who don’t want to spend their free time on a single round which gets reset anyways
    Drake Manwell the Trying Marine

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Its a good idea and something I've wanted for sometime, I think it'd be quite interesting if not a little tricky to balance, survivors would have to be tweaked heavily, enough that hiding/bunkering down/banding together, is most optimal while being aggressive is heavily punished by the Xenomorphs in most scenarios.
    Remove their endurance, starting guns and metal. Here, survs balanced. Then adjust maps with less weapons lying in random and easy accessible spots.
    Bonus points if survs would be geared according to their job. Botanist gets only a hatchet, prisoner gets like endurance 2 etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove their endurance, starting guns and metal. Here, survs balanced. Then adjust maps with less weapons lying in random and easy accessible spots.
    Bonus points if survs would be geared according to their job. Botanist gets only a hatchet, prisoner gets like endurance 2 etc.
    You would need to do the exact opposite, add more weapons to the map whether locked down or in the open. No one who wants to TDM is going to want to play as a botanist with a hatchet against a neuro sent or an acid runner.
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    You would need to do the exact opposite, add more weapons to the map whether locked down or in the open. No one who wants to TDM is going to want to play as a botanist with a hatchet against a neuro sent or an acid runner.
    Then you would have normal short CM round, but with survs instead of marines.
    The point is that survs are supposed to lose, so if they want guns, they have to first break into armory or something like that, instead of having gun available basically from the starts. Maybe devmemes could even code some makeshift weapons for them to make out of common materials, like crossbows, IEDs and shit. Forcing cooperation between survs shouldn't be a problem, unlike forcing cooperation between marines.
    Marines proved countless times they can overwhelm few MPs with nothing but their bare hands, MPs with stun battons and spam tazers. Change marines to survs, change bare hands to melee weapons and MPs to sentinel.
    After survs die, they can respawn as marines and then round goes as usuall, but with the benefit of additional (lets assume around atleast 20) minutes for RP and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally i would like a return to maturity and the usual abombs for "metarushing" because 1: that would give xenos free rounds 2: it would be awesom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This right here though is a bad mentality. SS13 is a ROLE PLAYING game... CM has just become more and more of a TDM due to Quite frankly awful design choices. IF you dont/cant play for 4 hours.. play for 1 or 2, then cryo, a dozen other marines will still be there for ones who leave. Other SS13 servers have rounds that last 2-3... 4(which I dont mind,.. but even I can agree gets tiring) maybe even more. With the only common issue being the server starting to chug a bit due to crap netcode...

But pushing for longer rounds mechanically would be nice. I miss the old days with 2-3 hour rounds being normal. It gave more time for plots and subplots to form. And frankly half the reason RP is dead for most people is they have no incentive to with the 40 minute curb stomp mentality where nothing but the sweatiest meta is welcome.

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler: