TALLHOST
    SMALLHOST
    BOOMROCK
    FLAMESPITTER
    ROCKTHROWER
    BOOMSTICK
    LONGSPITTER
    tallspit - tall bullets

i forgot scout, shotgun. It was definitely funny xenos calling things like that like we used to. Its just because of names. Individualism got more prevalent and more sweaty xenos appeared because of the rank system. They wanted to look cool to everyone else. Tryharding made xenos use TDM/Marine slang instead of xeno slang.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    TALLHOST
    SMALLHOST
    BOOMROCK
    FLAMESPITTER
    ROCKTHROWER
    BOOMSTICK
    LONGSPITTER
    tallspit - tall bullets

i forgot scout, shotgun. It was definitely funny xenos calling things like that like we used to. Its just because of names. Individualism got more prevalent and more sweaty xenos appeared because of the rank system. They wanted to look cool to everyone else. Tryharding made xenos use TDM/Marine slang instead of xeno slang.
    invisitall
    bird
    scatterspitter
    turtle
    skyfire
    fakehost

Right now xenos and marines both have playtime rewards (bleh) which only serve to encourage tdm individualist mindsets, sweaty benos like boo are looked up to by others, encouraging them to just go for bravo frags as lurker (xenos still talk about damage/ttk in hivemind btw). Ironically even though k/d was removed its legacy lives on...
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodes View Post
    Need i say more
    Hard disagree.

Sure, I think survivors actually have a negative impact on Xenomorph roleplay in the current state they have, and as a result, I do find that Xenomorphs have become much more aggressive, however, I ran a few experiments as a synthetic survivor which allowed me to roleplay with the Xenomorphs and I found a lot actually wanted to roleplay. You'd get the odd Queen who decided to kill you for memes or a random XX attacking you and starting a frenzy, but I think it is still there.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurkers and Warriors are the last bastion of roleplay, they are quite clearly the two remaining pillars holding up the MRP expectation of the server, and anybody who suggests that either should be nerfed are just LRP TDMers who need to find a different game. The threat of being pounced or lunged makes you stick with your teammates and co-operate with them in order to stave off surprise attacks and dangerous enemies. It is the pinnacle of the teamplay experience to help your teammates out of raw, overwhelming fear that you will be pounced or lunged and then dragged into the darkness never to be seen again.

by killing marines you are effectively roleplaying as a xenomorph.
    !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Hard disagree.

Sure, I think survivors actually have a negative impact on Xenomorph roleplay in the current state they have, and as a result, I do find that Xenomorphs have become much more aggressive, however, I ran a few experiments as a synthetic survivor which allowed me to roleplay with the Xenomorphs and I found a lot actually wanted to roleplay. You'd get the odd Queen who decided to kill you for memes or a random XX attacking you and starting a frenzy, but I think it is still there.
    Synthvivor is entirely about reputation, if you don't consistently play synthvivor or have a rep that you don't really combat at all even when attacked, xenos will mostly leave you alone. If you have the rep of desmond or myself i.e. you will defend yourself and other survs - you will get killed.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still miss the stupid names.
    When I first came back from break I kept calling 'BOOM TUBE' and t3s who had no idea what that meant would push into Sadar and die horribly.

It's hard for people to even individually keep using them, except for things that are self evident like, smartspitter or skyfire, since slang doesn't work if no one else uses it.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why should xenos have to act like dumb rock throwing ass niggas when marines should be the ones acting like that

xenos have like a collective 200 iq from the hivemind we should be able to just say "sadar" instead of acting like we just came out of the stone age with "boom tube"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    why should xenos have to act like dumb rock throwing ass niggas when marines should be the ones acting like that

xenos have like a collective 200 iq from the hivemind we should be able to just say "sadar" instead of acting like we just came out of the stone age with "boom tube"

...ok but xenos arent humans, they dont have our tech. If you were a bug who lived your entire life on a backwater planet, then fucking tallhosts come from the sky in a metal box with strange loud sticks that spit fire and lead. And you are a bug who lives in a world of chitin, acid and resin... why the hell would you know its a gun or even what a gun is beyond what you just witnessed.

no you're not gpnna say gun, youre gonna compare it in your mind to something you know and use that to explain it to your sisters. Then you'll all die horribly as the tall with the boom tube kamikazes your queen pointblank with a maxcap while 6 of his buddies rush in with scatter spitters loaded with double buck and fire spitters and raze your hive. Or maybe you get lucky and overwhelm the talls and their stupid metal boomsticks, and manage to face hug them all FOR THE QUEEN!.

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler: