User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xeno RP is dead and rotting outside of mommy and sister fetishes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines should lose, it’s way more fun Epcot everyone when the marines are losing.
    Synth Gaming

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Where in CM (Or any alien media for that matter) it is stated that Queen Mother:
    1) Knows almost everything.
    1a) Shares that knowledge with other benos.
    1b) If she does, why benos can't use any tools despite having pretty much human hands?
    2) Can teleport.

However it does sound so retarded that I wouldn't be suprised that it actually is in super MRP CM lore that benos are omiscent, can teleport, can create matter out of nothing etc.
    I'm talking out of my ass >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at this point just have someone code it so when an alien says
    TANK or APC just have the code replace it with turtle

or if it is too hard for new players have an option to turn it off so when someone says turtle it has an (TANK) in red text or something next to it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurkers and Warriors are the last bastion of roleplay, they are quite clearly the two remaining pillars holding up the MRP expectation of the server, and anybody who suggests that either should be nerfed are just LRP TDMers who need to find a different game. The threat of being pounced or lunged makes you stick with your teammates and co-operate with them in order to stave off surprise attacks and dangerous enemies. It is the pinnacle of the teamplay experience to help your teammates out of raw, overwhelming fear that you will be pounced or lunged and then dragged into the darkness never to be seen again.

by killing marines you are effectively roleplaying as a xenomorph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loltho1771 View Post
    at this point just have someone code it so when an alien says
    TANK or APC just have the code replace it with turtle
    Honestly, I would 100% support the addition of a xeno accent to do that.

But more broadly, I do take issue with the idea that xeno-RP is solely about using the magic RP words.

At the end of the day, if you are buying into the situation presented in game as if it is real and matters, then you are RPing. If you find yourself speaking in a different tone or with a different persona in hivemind chat compared to dchat, you are RPing. If you're not RPing, but aren't getting in the way of those who are, you're not creating a problem.

In this sense, I think xeno RP is alive and well, at least as much as any form of RP is on the server at present. Making it easier or more effortless to use the special words (via an accent) might help immersion and encourage more RP, but not because the words themselves are the essence of RP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true. Xeno RP is absolutely disgraceful and is the main reason I don't play xenos that much.
    I miss the old days :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Hard disagree.

Sure, I think survivors actually have a negative impact on Xenomorph roleplay in the current state they have, and as a result, I do find that Xenomorphs have become much more aggressive, however, I ran a few experiments as a synthetic survivor which allowed me to roleplay with the Xenomorphs and I found a lot actually wanted to roleplay. You'd get the odd Queen who decided to kill you for memes or a random XX attacking you and starting a frenzy, but I think it is still there.

I have to hard disagree with your hard disagreement, personally. This is only ever true when xenomorphs are interacting with non-xenomorphs that can communicate with them. Playing as a xeno is akin to having twitch chat spam garbage in your message bar while you're fighting. At least in my experience.