User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question of Preference. What plans do you prefer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Question of Preference. What plans do you prefer?

As an XO, I've never been a fan of the "Unga hard, everyone Murderball to X place, bash your heads against the frontline until you break it or die and then win." However, I've noticed it happening more and more. "Brief hanger 12:18, do what we've done every other OP but win this time."

To the community, I'm just wondering what you prefer.
    Jay ‘Taco’ Johnson - Alpha pride world wide

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo, ungaball meta and unga mentality is really fucking LRP and unhealthy for the balance of the game and its RP aspect. so much so that now the game's been balanced completely around it and now it's considered the norm and no other plan works for shit, so we dug ourselves into a hole that's nearly impossible to get out of

i wish marines acted like marines and not just a caveman on crack that got handed guns and armor, it's funny to see how CM is literally just an inverse of the movie it was inspired off, marines are the mindless swarm that never end while xenos are comparable to the small platoon trying to survive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. And the idea of dual dropping is what originally begged this question.

What do I mean by that. On one of my first few rounds as XO, I drew out this great plan for a dual drop with Charlie and Delta hitting the frontline from the back. Literally EVERYONE pre-drop said, "Yeah this plan isn't going to work/Is shit."
    However, when the round was over, I heard a ton of people in OOC say that was a great round (something I don't hear often).

It boggled my mind. I'm working on making a poll... Bear with me please.
    Jay ‘Taco’ Johnson - Alpha pride world wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJohnson View Post
    I agree. And the idea of dual dropping is what originally begged this question.

What do I mean by that. On one of my first few rounds as XO, I drew out this great plan for a dual drop with Charlie and Delta hitting the frontline from the back. Literally EVERYONE pre-drop said, "Yeah this plan isn't going to work/Is shit."
    However, when the round was over, I heard a ton of people in OOC say that was a great round (something I don't hear often).

It boggled my mind. I'm working on making a poll... Bear with me please.
    thats the problem with current CM. RP eroded overtime.
    in mid/late 2018 people still attended briefings. When they were dropped everyone stays at the FOB 8/10 most of the time and line with their SLs
    now everyone just runs out of fucking nowhere.

Same with xenos too. A lot of people have been doing LRP shit against the queen because they dont like them when they see their prefix in ghost. Xeno names and ranking were a fucking mistake.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people enjoy longer rounds. As an XO, you have the power to make the rounds longer or ridiculously short. Run your plans. See if marines will tag along. Who cares?
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New/insecure XOs will do the murderball strat. It’s incredibly boring and degenerates the game. Activate your neurons and make a plan.
    Synth Gaming

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murderballs are meta but dumb, repeatedly attacking the same hellchoke over and over expecting to break through is meh. Do your plans and your dual drops, no commander ever lay in his grave wishing he'd done one less autismo plan. Megafobs, para-troopers, giant diversion flanks, hive dives, the works.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of context, I wonder what was the last time during my XO rounds where marines followed my plan to the word and won the game by stomping xenos? Probably once or twice at most. Any plan XOs or COs make is better than the "Unga that corner which is boiling with warriors&lurkers, even if half of the marines are sent to Brazil in the process". Though, you gotta convince marines that murderball isn't the only way to have fun and win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care if your plan is bad as command as long as it's fun.
    Community Mentor
    Began 2/17/2021

Sergeant Major Poppy Castlebrook
    Marie Auburn
    August Lancaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is that the game is balanced around murderballs -- for Xenos and Marines.
    For every one plan that splits up the marines and succeeds, there's five where the marines get defeated in detail and evac at 12:37.

You can have elaborate plans for splitting up and directing the murderball, so long as marines converge again when the fighting actually starts. Windhealer's plans work because marines split up to attack from separate directions before converging into a murderball again.