Logan De La Rosa
    Their BYOND Key
    VortexGaming
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    15:23 +/- CST NA
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Rule 2 and 3 i guess.
    Description of the incident
    Well, it's my first time posting on the forum.

I was looking for the map what remained 8 of xenos in a match already wins. I saw someone called Aosido hitting the broken glass in a window, I stopped and asked, "Wow, are you autistic?" He took a few steps to the side and began to shoot me with the rifle, with single fire. I was so taken by surprise that only after 5 or more shots did I shotback the shotgun, but the damage had already been done on me and he finished me quickly. Soon after he ripped off my head, and ran off to the planetside lz1 waiting for the doctors' attention.

I have no experience in the game because english is not my native language, and in a few minutes I selected Adminhelp> Gameissue and posted "someone killed me", and VortexGaming replied "on it".

I relaxed in the chair, I imagined that he alone would put some punishment in the subject. I waited some minutes and got round won in the game. After I questioned the Vortex again about the guy. And he responded to Aosido's version, which was something like "He shot FF with burst fire, you fought back and he, afraid, kept shooting and killed you." He seems to be new to the game. You've lost your head so i cant heal you and the round is over. "

And here comes my complaint ... I do not know how it works The punishment table works. But I've been temporarily banned for much less, and with much more vigor, than I realized here. Some round In an already finished game, I shot in the dark, like others throwing grenades, and after a marine came up and light the area I accidentally shot someone's dead body on the ground, I shot a leg off him with the shot, and took the EORG ban temporary, direct without explanation. But I even understood what happened and accepted it well. Just bad luck.

And then this happens to me, and he gets only warning. I think VortexGaming was not interested in reading Aosido's log, and he accepted his apology of being "new" and unga dunga I shot with fear and ran out after tearing his head off. "I played this game have much time and I do not know how took off someone's head. Warning may be someone's first punishment as a rule for yours. But this moderator believed in him excuse.

1-Said that Aosido used fireburst as an excuse to have given 10 shots at me before i fired back, which I do not remember, I remember being single shot.

2-Say that Aosido was a rookie and etc, but he ripped my head off 3 seconds after firing my body on the ground a few times.

3- Why did not Vortex see in the log that his rifle fired 10 times before I retaliated? Weeks back I shot twice someone who blocked me during a battle and took ban, only twice. And i understand the ban. Maybe if someone shoots with the rifle from afar, I get hit by the shots, but I can not get the information from who shot me if the guy is off my screen. I was on his side and there was no way to be FF, I had logged all his shots on my log

Finally Vortex gave the warning in him. But if a rookie does bullshit, but having understanding that it is wrong like KILL someone, warning is the only punishment? It seems to me that the subject is an experienced player using another IP, but only an assumption.
    Evidence
    I did not think about saving the log, it took a long time to realize the outcome of the event. And the phantom talks and etc consumed everything.
    How you would punish the accused
    I do not know the limit for a moderator to get information. But I believe that if Vortex crossed my log with that of the rogue Aosido, he would have no reason to believe in his apology, to be FF, and etc. I would remove him from moderator, decrease -1 ranking, whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pull logs soonish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill start with this, View variable attack logs said you were shot around 3 times then you shot back with flachette rounds. Most of the rounds hit. At that point you were shot up hella hard and I was ready to investigate before the Ahelp put in. You ahelped and I took it. From then you said you were got killed by the dude for nothing or what ever so I asked the dude whats up and checked his notes. He said he accidently shot you and was going to say sorry then you shot him back to where he proceeded to finish you off. I warned him it was against the rules and due to no notes previously I decided to leave it as a note. By the time I got back to you to aheal you and such the round has ended so ahealing you would of been pointless. Your head has been decapped and it would turn into a glitch to where you would be alive but headless all the same so I didnt bother with it. Miss clicks do happen and I try to be understanding about that.

If you read over Staff protocols and procedure, Number 5 says to decide the punishment and that you dont need to immediately jump to a ban and try to use warnings. It is up to the staff member who takes the ahelp to decide the punishments. The player was new and although he may have griefed you he was apologetic about it so I took to mercy. You however were angry with my choice calling me an Idiot in PM's which disrespect isn't appreciated. Now your claim about the dude being another player on another IP? if thats the case then thats a whole new case which calls in the dude getting permabanned, however its extremely unlikely.
    Last edited by VortexGaming; 02-19-2019 at 12:02 AM. Reason: wanted to add a little more
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "View variable attack logs said you were shot around 3 times then you shot back with flachette rounds. Most of the rounds hit."

It's very dishonest that you highlight the fact of "Most of the rounds hit." As if we were in same forces, as if that mattered to the question. If a player tries to kill me but I very skillfully managed to kill him before, would that matter to the question? Would you stop banning the player? In the background he gave me several shots and I only gave 1 shot, a shotgun shot released several rounds. And I honestly do not believe he gave me just 3 shots, I think being much more than that.

"He said he accidently shot you and was going to say sorry then you shot him back"

Man... Someone can imagine the scene, from someone shooting 4, 5 times at someone else as she tries to escape. And she's still thinking about apologizing? What did he expect me to do? And how do you explain this "repentant" person to shoot the already dead body on the ground, and then pluck out the head? He was clearly wanting to clean his bar for you. I already did miss clicks before, this was not one. Nobody misses click 5 times in row. Yesterday I made one with someone, I apologized and injected my pain-stop in it. This guy wanted to react to my autistic comment killing me, this is clear.

"If you read over Staff protocols..."

Yes, I admit that I am newb here and English is not my language, I explained that I do not know the punishment table works, in my post.

"The player was new"/" Now your claim about the dude being another player on another IP?"

Excuse. But you know that the player is new, and not that he just created another character? Probably yes. Anyway, like I said, this was an assumption.

"You however were angry with my choice calling me an Idiot in PM's which disrespect isn't appreciated"

It's true that I exaggerated here. But I missed the rest of the match, and I could not even have the justice to know he was banned. I still had to read that the moderator fell into the most used excuse in space, to have been FF, being that reading the log does not make sense an FF having shot at me several times after him being called autist. Now I know you MODs just give this warning as the first punishment, regardless if the guy blows everyone up and fucks everyone. OK.

I do not know where this can go here and what I can gain from it. At least consider the moderator's interpretation of my log, and let the staff decide whether they acted well or not. Thanks the attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incident in question:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

First ahelp sent in + PMs between Vortex and Erken
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Second ahelp sent in + PMs between Bath Salts Addict and Erken
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, he "just shoot 3 times", hahaha. And say later to mod(i think) "[15:37:59]SAY: Aosida Newiuna/Slothe : Fucker shot first"

" VortexGaming/(Bloody Larva (712))->Erkenbrand/(Logan De La Rosa): The dude FF'd you on accident and you shot her so she thought you were killing her so killed you before you could kill her, I gave her a warning and told her not to do it again. person seems new"

>>>>>>>>>> [15:45:08]ADMIN: PM: VortexGaming/(Bloody Larva (712))->Erkenbrand/(Logan De La Rosa): Logs say you only got hit with a burst fire than you shot her and she killed you after that <<<<<<<<<<< (burstfire?????)

"Bath Salts Addict/(Ali Amir)->Erkenbrand/(Erkenbrand): Whether Vortex opts to believe the other person's story or not is up to him."

As with this log available, how someone may be able to interpret that it was FF? I think he got right the punishment just to give the "warning" for the player to be "new". It is your system as the first punishment. The point is he believes it was "an accident", which made me nervous. I thought that Aosido deserved a greater punishment from the player at the beginning of my rage, now it's just a question of MOD, have her performance analyzed. If your staff agree it's nothing special, whatever, let's go on.
    Last edited by Erkenbrand; 02-19-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't get to determine the punishment for players. The Moderation team does.

Resolved. No action taken.