User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hijacking dropship is LRP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hijacking dropship is LRP

wtf why does the dropship consoles allow naked IDless xenos to operate it but not clothed IDed marines other than SLs???????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Careful, this man is onto something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something Something Queen has Psychic powers or whatever.

Real talk, it's a thing where gameplay goes before lore or whatever. Not that anyone would cry if we removed hijack, I don't think.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remember

- ravs capping is lrp

- xenos speaking is lrp

- hijack is lrp

marines are guilty of lrp but so are xenos

the shotgun double chunging will continue until the xeno rp improves
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please move this post to Acid Goop before lore-masters swarm this place and start a chain-reaction of infinite posts about why "CM isn't MRP".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    Something Something Queen has Psychic powers or whatever.

Real talk, it's a thing where gameplay goes before lore or whatever. Not that anyone would cry if we removed hijack, I don't think.
    Psychic powers does not tamper with the ID scanning capabilities of consoles.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There could be multiple ways to explain why and how without going for the stupid "psychic powers". But that requires two braincells rubbing together, so it immediately disqualifies a benomain.

For example WY(or any other bigger organisation) hacking dropship to go down and then up, while Queen touching dropship console and then cockpit console is just a gameplay "trigger" for that event.
    Queen Mother really shouldn't get some fucking god powers. At best "sensing" life forms across the space and sending some messages, not retarded thousands light-years matter manipulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There could be multiple ways to explain why and how without going for the stupid "psychic powers". But that requires two braincells rubbing together, so it immediately disqualifies a benomain.

For example WY(or any other bigger organisation) hacking dropship to go down and then up, while Queen touching dropship console and then cockpit console is just a gameplay "trigger" for that event.
    Queen Mother really shouldn't get some fucking god powers. At best "sensing" life forms across the space and sending some messages, not retarded thousands light-years matter manipulation.
    That's sort of how Queen Mother(s) are described in actual lore from what I remember. I don't really bother with "Xeno lore" atm mind you, but last I checked QM was literally able to mindbreak populations across the stars using psychic powers.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    That's sort of how Queen Mother(s) are described in actual lore from what I remember. I don't really bother with "Xeno lore" atm mind you, but last I checked QM was literally able to mindbreak populations across the stars using psychic powers.
    So it equals to "sensing life forms" and "sending messagess" across the space, mainly the latter. Just checking Xenopedia (maybe not the most reliable source, but still) it says: "Queen Mothers are physically and even telepathically capable... they can also penetrate the minds of humans, using emotional attatchments and promises of love and affection to lure them to their dooms. Queen Mothers can even enter dreams, where they attempt to use their telepathy to influence behavior or otherwise communicate information, wants, and desires."

Thats a OK, nothing too shitty, cool and fairly subtle influence. Belivelable, not too silly, or "magic". Queen Mother hacking machines across the galaxies is silly.
    If you really want that, atleast do it by proxy. Like Queen Mother subtly manipulating CEO of WY, thus entire company is leaning more and more into the shitty side of partially helping benos, but human greed actually fighting Queen's influence and thus explaining WY behaving the way it does.
    Thats interesting, a dynamic of human nature vs psychic influence across the stars. That would make a good story in alien universe, shit I would read/watch/play.

Or be CM benomain and explain everything with pseudo-science magic psychic bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe I am hearing this nonsense, a bug with intelligence? have you met one?
    Frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks offensive.