User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hijacking dropship is LRP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorewise the Queens and other caste are able to decipher and figure out technology.
    It's done countless times in the comics, books, movies and games.

However, the current mechanic has always been poor to reflect this in-game and doesn't really make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Lorewise the Queens and other caste are able to decipher and figure out technology.

However, the current mechanic has always been poor to reflect this in-game and doesn't really make sense.
    I mean that's true to an extent but even then the Aliens don't usually do difficult tasks without any sort of prior observation of what they'd need to be doing. You can't look at the Queen taking an Elevator in Aliens because she saw Ripley take it before, and then go "Oh she knows how technology works - probably."

All in all, it's as I said and gameplay comes first. Then again, we would REALLY not be missing out on anything if Hijack (finally) got dumpstered...
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hijack is a laggy piece of shit that makes no sense. No way the fucking queen knows how to decipher how to hack a USCM AI like ARES to do her bidding and then also having the AA onboard the Almayer do literally nothing against it. Remove the gamemode, xenos already won when the marines evac
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    There is a difference, leafman, between flipping a switch to call an elevator, then flip the switch again to ride it to the top and hacking a dropship console while having fingers the size of human fist if not bigger. Giving aliens too much intelligence is simply stupid.

Sure, benos in movies cut the power like rats chewing on cables and sure, queen used elevator and then hitched a ride on the dropship, but nothing above that. But suggesting that race that never used ANY technology (not even banging rock on a rock) would be able to figure out how to circumvent sophisticated electronic security systems is as stupid as making several alternative accounts to shit on CM on reddit.

The same aliens praised for their hacking skills in Aliens just rushed sentry gun like a flock of pigeons. Figure out technology, zerg rush stationary gun in one hallway that reacts to movement.
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-17-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminder that xenos using tools such as intentionally blowing up fueltanks, pushing crates/water tanks as cover, etc. are bannable offenses.

By that extent, the usage of dropship falls into this rule.

Unless that rule clarification has been changed without my knowledge.
    Last edited by Ttly; 12-18-2021 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    I mean that's true to an extent but even then the Aliens don't usually do difficult tasks without any sort of prior observation of what they'd need to be doing. You can't look at the Queen taking an Elevator in Aliens because she saw Ripley take it before, and then go "Oh she knows how technology works - probably."

All in all, it's as I said and gameplay comes first. Then again, we would REALLY not be missing out on anything if Hijack (finally) got dumpstered...
    No, which is why we pulled lore from multiple areas of the Alien franchise. It gave us more flexibility to justify sometimes ridiculous or stupid things that were required for "gameplay".

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There is a difference, leafman, between flipping a switch to call an elevator, then flip the switch again to ride it to the top and hacking a dropship console while having fingers the size of human fist if not bigger. Giving aliens too much intelligence is simply stupid.
    I mean, I legit stated stated where we pulled lore from and you referenced a single movie scene lol.

Sure, benos in movies cut the power like rats chewing on cables and sure, queen used elevator and then hitched a ride on the dropship, but nothing above that. But suggesting that race that never used ANY technology (not even banging rock on a rock) would be able to figure out how to circumvent sophisticated electronic security systems is as stupid as making several alternative accounts to shit on CM on reddit.

Once again, acknowledged it was poorly reflected in-game. I can't believe I had copy and paste my original post as a response to you, jesus christ.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    No, I argue that basically any beno to technology interaction byond simple mimicry of what humans would do is bad (human taping a code into a keypad roughly equals beno tapping random keys there for example). Sure, you acknowleded that beno hijack is out of the scope, but most likely will argue for something simillar.

The same aliens praised for their hacking skills in Aliens just rushed sentry gun like a flock of pigeons. Figure out technology, zerg rush stationary gun in one hallway that reacts to movement.
    Oh look, I referenced another scene in the same movie, failed to notice? Cherry-picked maybe?
    Aren't the first two movies the strongest lore providers? If something retcons them, thats a big deal as so to not damage the spirit of the franchise.
    Pretty stupid of benos to do such thing, but then have them do anything more complex in the future.

What you would consider "a good representation of beno uderstanding of technology", huh, big guy?

The whole phrasing of that sounds to me as that benos could be reasonably pulling out such stuff. Maybe I understood it incorrectly. Ape pushing a button to get a banana knows what a machine with a button does, but it doesn't know how it works.
    Are "your" benos like said real world apes with this level of "deciphering and figuring out technology", or maybe they are way, way more advanced? To the point of being able to understand how the banana machine works, not only what it does. That would be a human level of this ability. Are "your" benos at this level?
    Then how they can charge at a setry gun just to die?
    Also we are talking about those comics where marines fight benos in some smiley face t-shirts, or those where xeno-human-predator hybrids run around outkilling and actually capping the perfect killing machine? Or maybe those where xenos are "afraid" of "fearless" humans?
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-18-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you literally only have to press one button to launch the dropship to the almayer

why is everyone pretending like it's some high-tech contraption that requires an iq of 200 to operate

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodes View Post
    snip
    This button cannot be pressed by anyone who doesn't have proper ID on himself (or dropship ignores the button press). Pressing the button while not having proper ID and having the dropship work would require you to somehow circumvent the ID scanner.

Nobody is arguing a Queen can't press one big, red, shiny button.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I argue that basically any beno to technology interaction byond simple mimicry of what humans would do is bad (human taping a code into a keypad roughly equals beno tapping random keys there for example). Sure, you acknowleded that beno hijack is out of the scope, but most likely will argue for something simillar.

Oh look, I referenced another scene in the same movie, failed to notice? Cherry-picked maybe?
    Aren't the first two movies the strongest lore providers? If something retcons them, thats a big deal as so to not damage the spirit of the franchise.
    Pretty stupid of benos to do such thing, but then have them do anything more complex in the future.

What you would consider "a good representation of beno uderstanding of technology", huh, big guy?

The whole phrasing of that sounds to me as that benos could be reasonably pulling out such stuff. Maybe I understood it incorrectly. Ape pushing a button to get a banana knows what a machine with a button does, but it doesn't know how it works.
    Are "your" benos like said real world apes with this level of "deciphering and figuring out technology", or maybe they are way, way more advanced? To the point of being able to understand how the banana machine works, not only what it does. That would be a human level of this ability. Are "your" benos at this level?
    Then how they can charge at a setry gun just to die?
    Also we are talking about those comics where marines fight benos in some smiley face t-shirts, or those where xeno-human-predator hybrids run around outkilling and actually capping the perfect killing machine? Or maybe those where xenos are "afraid" of "fearless" humans?

What the fuck are you even talking about anymore.