Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hijacking dropship is LRP

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    What the fuck are you even talking about anymore.
    >
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    What you would consider "a good representation of beno uderstanding of technology", huh, big guy?
    >
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I can't believe I had copy and paste my original post as a response to you, jesus christ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it finally time for the annual Schizo Meltdown Thread? Can't believe I nearly missed this
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In today's scientific experiment we will find out what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    queen mother btfo's everyone and everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solution, it's a Weyland Yutani override, and the Queen being nearby is them trying to recover the specimen. Just have flavour text when the Queen touches the console 'Weyland Yutani [fluff code protocol etc] engaged, preparing to recover [sample name]'. It would fit super well and give a good IC drama for a pilot if they successfully remove the override of the Queen to be like "WEYLAND FUCKED US!"

Genuinely a super small code change

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you're saying hijack would only make sense if admin launch the dropship up.
    I dig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remove hijack cause its actually boring, marines the moment they evac lost the op, just end the round then. You can also transform xeno and ghost players into upp or clf forces attacking Almayer after they see they are weakened from fighting xenos, makes a goddamn more sense then dropship flying into Almayer without autopilot, and almayer pilot or ares refusing to power ftl drive and leave the system.
    Last edited by Phenomeus; 12-20-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    That's sort of how Queen Mother(s) are described in actual lore from what I remember. I don't really bother with "Xeno lore" atm mind you, but last I checked QM was literally able to mindbreak populations across the stars using psychic powers.
    so what you're telling me is Warhammer stole Xenos and called them Tyranids. Nice.. Time to start a face stealer cult

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    The same aliens praised for their hacking skills in Aliens just rushed sentry gun like a flock of pigeons. Figure out technology, zerg rush stationary gun in one hallway that reacts to movement.
    I feel like this example isn't completely applicable. For xenos, the sentry gun isn't instantly lethal and quite fragile. Breaking it or any barricades it is standing behind is probably faster and easier than creating something to disable it remotely.

That said, I agree that xenos shouldn't be able to hack machines, and that W-Y hacking is a better explanation. I like to imagine that it is make sure there are no survivors (oh no, the escape pods and shuttles are set on course to crash into the planet!!!), or at least destroy any research the Almayer crew did on the aliens.

Still, it would be funny if xenomorphs could tie marine corpses to themselves to take advantage of sentry IFF, or if a boiler strain could make a strong-enough EMP to disable machines a few spaces away.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperbell View Post
    snip
    It was about movie scene in Aliens. I bet my ass benomains who preach "beno smart" use scenes from that movie as proof of beno high intelligence, because they cut the power and queen used elevator and hitched a ride on adropship.