User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decker100 - Rule 3, don't be a dick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost as if that 'OOC based ire' has immense merit, like the constant harassment and taunting MPs do in order to fulfill their special little job of 'punishing other players because the rules say I have to'. If you really have such a problem with people not liking you because you play a role, maybe don't play that role. Especially when the roles entire purpose is to piss people off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep replies on Player Reports relevant to the case at hand. This is not a thread for bashing MPs both as a role or the people who play them, nor is it about bringing up other incidents. If you believe Decker was breaking Rule 3 in another incident, make a seperate player report about that please.

Decker, you are welcome to make an actual statement and defence about the incident at hand. This is not an invitation to go "Yes haha I hate MPs they all suck and they should uninstall Byond". That's both not what replies are meant to be and is also, as was stated, proving the point of the accuser about you, somewhat.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their whole point is "Oh he's mad because I played CMP correctly.". Which is entirely correct, because the whole role is quite literally designed to piss people off. I'm not sure what sort of response you're looking for. An apology for being angry? If you want a well defined reason for why I'm angry over these sort if things then prep for wall-of-text:

The whole role of Military Police, in CM's gameplay, is completely opposed to both the theme and round to round gameplay that CM provides. Almost everything in CM's gameplay can be justified. Xenos exist to be a powerful set of roles that have unique abilities to defeat Marines. Marines exist to be a large force with multiple tools to defeat Xenos. On a closer level, the Marines Requisitions department is there to provide resources and logistics to help support their team, the Command department is there to guide and lead the team. For Xenos this is far more obvious it doesn't warrant explanation.

Look at what the Military Police department do. Their job is to enforce a set of rules, but not to support the Marines in any sense as any severe incident is dealt by CM staff and most players resolve issues themselves. MPs are required to enforce a set of rules, for the sake of enforcing those rules. More over they are not only empowered to ignore other players in a position of authority but encouraged to do so. The MPs will often ignore Command and Department Heads in favor of their own justifications and, because their job is dictated by a set of wiki pages, whatever is written on the wiki.

So you have a group of players, given the job of policing other players, for the take of policing players. This has time and time and time again, been shown to give players who play MP a sense of bigotry, to go out and find things to arrest people for, because it ticks the box of their job role. They are encouraged to find things to arrest people for, it's their job. Even though they aren't CM staff, they don't moderate the server or pass rulings on disputes between players like this report itself, they are just regular players with no more authority than the people they're arresting, except they are protected by rules for anything they do.

If that in of itself isn't enough to convince you then lets go a bit deeper. You could argue that 'If you don't want to get arrested or deal with MPs, don't break Marine Law.' Oh how I wish that were true. There was a staff report I put up recently involving an incident where I, playing Mess Sergeant, was arrested for gibbing Monkeys to get more meat. Apparently that warranted a 30 minute time-out of the round because the CMP decided to rule 'Yep thats animal cruely, that player deserve 30mins doing nothing.'. Another incident, I've been arrested on 'Interference' charges simply for telling Marines that MPs were deploying. These are my personal experiences, I'm sure you can ask around and find others. Either way, these are two examples of Marine Law not only being bent so MP players can get their arrests, but also the staff allowing it because that's the MPs job. Their role is to enforce the law, how they see it.

So why is Marine Law written so unfairly? Apparently it's because of lots of staff change-overs so nobody's had a chance to sit down and talk about changing it, which I find difficult to believe as all it'll take is a few staff to sit down, look at Marine Law from a gameplay perspective and change the wiki to be more fair. Regardless, this issue has been going on for years and nothings changed.

So when I'm playing my role, not going out of my way or intentionally trying to do anything that could be considered wrong, not trying to go smashing windows or beat people up, or steal anything or even annoy other people, when I just want to play my role, and the next thing I see is some MP come along and start asking "Why are you doing this? Do you have permission to do this? Who said you could do this? Did you know that X Y Z isn't allowed? I could arrest you for this." for something as so mindblowingly simple as sitting on a dropship or talking to people, how do you expect me to react? When I know that anything I say and do, will more often than not, be completely ignored unless I can get someone else to back me up and I'll have to spend my round sat in a funny little box, so some player feels that he's played his role well.

The last question and probably most relevant is; 'Well if you think the problem with MPs is the MP role itself, why are you hostile to the players?'. Simple answer. They are choosing to play that role knowing full well that their role is designed around this "punishment for the sake of punishment", from an OOC perspective, why should I give any care about another player who wants to look for ways to punish other players without any justified reason? From an IC perspective, why should I give any inch of respect to a unit who actively hunts and imprisons people over the tiniest of infractions and who will even execute people, who are answerable only to themselves and the High-Command who constantly supports their decisions.

So. There you are. The full blown reasons of why I said the things I did. Have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    Their whole point is "Oh he's mad because I played CMP correctly.". Which is entirely correct, because the whole role is quite literally designed to piss people off. I'm not sure what sort of response you're looking for. An apology for being angry? If you want a well defined reason for why I'm angry over these sort if things then prep for wall-of-text:
    I did ask for an apology for the things you said yes.

I won't personally reply to much of the other sections, because I don't think it's relevant to the report, and because I don't think it's relevant to what happend.

The logs show:

1. I did not arrest you.
    2. I did not threaten to arrest you.
    3. I did not bring arbitrary ML over you, infact not only did I double check the ML I then when finding out about it, chose not to enforce it as I belived you were going to deploy to just grab some stuff from FOB and return.

Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I say and do, will more often than not, be completely ignored unless I can get someone else to back me up and I'll have to spend my round sat in a funny little box, so some player feels that he's played his role well.
    Can't you see that I didn't do that... at all, I wished you a nice day and luck on your trip. I'd just like to hear that you don't infact want me to kill myself, unless of course you still do?
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decker Littlepenpusher already told you this is not the forum to express your distate for mps. He wasn't asking for an explanation. You've both told your sides. Wait for the issue to be resolved in due time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spoken to Slayer recently and after some experience, whilst I still hold my opinions about the MP role itself valid, I was wrong to judge him in the way I did and wrong to treat him the way I did. It's taken me awhile to realize this and he's been more tolerant of me than he should have, so I'd like to apologize for my behavior to him.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The player making the report wanted an apology and as far as we can see they got one.

We will leave a not of this on the account of the accused player due to the severity of the OOC salt, but no other action has been taken due to the above.

This report is Resolved.
    Senior Administrator