Copper Wilson
    Date of Incident
    December 16, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Ryan Chocollateral Goodman
    Their BYOND Key
    Dubszor
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    round that ended at 4:53 PM EST (3:53 PM Central)
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server, Enforcement of the rules, General Event Guidelines for Fax Event(?).
    Description of the incident
    So MPs had like 3 SLs and sadar spec arrested in brig, SOs were coming to MPs in brig and during the arrest near round start order MPs to hand over their gear and shit, etc.
    Fast forward to like 40 mins in the round, CL has from what I believe sent a fax to WY to what I heard on comms was to buy the ship out, and put it under WY command. Next thing we knew PMCs and SOs stormed the brig demanding we step down and lay down our gear, and preparer to be arrested, etc. I left the lower cells with the MW, SOs, and a few PMC in it, only to go back cause I hear shots from there. I arrive to see the MW dead or dying, with no gun in their hand, I garb them and start making my way out of brig when the SOs, and PMC follow me out and gun me down as well, I didn't even have a weapon out.
    After this I was in and out of the game, checking thing for this report as I wonder if i should even make a report, so i dont know all that fully happened, all for the time i talked IC or in Ahelps. After we were killed MPs were mostly fully striped and revived just in time when doctors came running up to brig. Then we were tossed in the perma cells and left there. Right before hijack i was let out by a nice doctor( not sure if they were one but dressed like one), and we were about to leave when in the AA room a few marines and PMC found us and again i was killed, again didnt have a gun out, and barley any MP gear on me, and not even my ID at the time.
    After this I just closed beyond.
    Evidence
    Check logs.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Well it depends a few things, first why was this event authorized? What was the PMC given directive when they were spawned in? Was this looked into during the round? Were said PMCs and SOs warned or banned, or did anything happen to them for going over board in their event roles?
    To be more clear, if Dubszor intent was to just have a non-lethal response to all this and the player went over board then i would like this report shifted to the players who took the PMCs rolls and the SOs who were with them. But if Dubszor intent was more on the side of "yeah if MPs say no or laugh you off you can kill em, brig etc." then more fault should lie with Dubszor. Based on what this report shows is what I for one would ask for resolution. No I am not asking for Dubszor to be canned hell no, but at least talked to on how to better run event like this on the fly and keep a eye on them, so they dont run out of control.
    Also in regards to the players who were the SOs and PMCs punishments for server rule breaks like IE, and whatever else applies to them from logs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overview:

CL faxes WY
    ugnip tells dubszor about potential event (sent to manager)
    dubszor cryos, he thinks it's good event potential
    dubszor spawns in PMCs
    dubszor gives PMCs orders
    PMC storms brig
    PMC, MP, MARINE start fighting
    Ryan Goodman grabs someone and dies to PMCs
    Ryan revived by docs
    Ryan thrown in perma cell
    Ryan released after hijack and killed by PMC again

dubszor
    Feodor Kowle

Copper Wilson
    Ryan Chocollateral Goodman

CL fax WY

Spoiler Spoiler:

dubszor cryos

Spoiler Spoiler:

dubszor spawns in PMCs

Spoiler Spoiler:

dubszor gives PMCs orders

Spoiler Spoiler:

PMC storms brig

Spoiler Spoiler:

PMC, MP, MARINE start fighting

Spoiler Spoiler:

Grabs someone and dies to PMCs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Revived by docs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thrown in perma cell

Spoiler Spoiler:

Killed by PMC again

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spoken to Dubszor and got his side and reviewed the logs.

From what I can tell, the event was made because of the XO's decision to suddenly sell out the ship to W-Y and not the MP issues

While the leader of the PMC's (a whitelisted CO) had attended CIC to attempt to assume command, a group of PMC's attended the brig and *something* caused a conflict between the two groups resulting in a firefight.

Dubszor is the Senior Administrator responsible for events and is allowed to authorise major events so I don't think there was anything necessarily done wrong procedurally and as far as preserving the fun of the round there were a significant portion of squad leadership in the brig. While I fully support them being arrested ICly, I don't consider Dubszor's event to specifically be trying to deprive people of fun in the round. There's also little you can do to stop a group of PMC's from opening fire on MP's trying to arrest them sometimes other than damage control.

TL;DR I think this was an event that got a little out of hand, I'm not sure how exactly I can take this any further. I've sent Dubszor some general notes about the situation and while I wouldn't like this sort of event to be commonplace I don't see anything crazy out of the ordinary here.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)