User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perma nesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perma nesting

Let's be honest here no one likes permanesting except Xeno mains.

No one likes 2-4 tap tackle or neuro that knocks them out of the round entirely and has no control in preventing it.

And marine mains don't like being forced to either play Xeno or leave CM till the next round / spectate.

So, why the fuck don't we have a fun zone for ghosts where they can test gear, socialize, PVP either other or have fun.

tgmc is one step ahead of caring for ghost players

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellows View Post
    Let's be honest here no one likes permanesting except Xeno mains.
    Its a compromise, shit happens. And if you ghost after being nested you can nearly immediately be choosen to become next larvae from the pool, or burst, so its fine as a alternative to 15 minutes spent trying to ressist out of it, just to be met with one hit neuro, or warrior. Sure, suiciding with a nade gave you that little bit of sweet taste in a sea of salt from being capped.
    Also, guarding hosts wasn't that exciting, so I can understand benos not wanting to guard people as it is boring while requiring full attention at all times, or you risk uprising, or simple death of caps.

No one likes 2-4 tap tackle or neuro that knocks them out of the round entirely and has no control in preventing it.
    And before that no-one liked 1 hit stun that was even shittier. Right now single sentinel is able to cap only a single marine, two marines of average robustness will always prevent the cap from a single sentinel.

And marine mains don't like being forced to either play Xeno or leave CM till the next round / spectate.
    Suck to be them, find a beno caste that you like, death of a marine isn't an end of the world. However there could be something to fight again for marines after your permadeath, or cap. Maybe something akin to a in-universe AI sentry on wheels given to the ghosts as the round plays.

So, why the fuck don't we have a fun zone for ghosts where they can test gear, socialize, PVP either other or have fun.
    That would surerly lag the already laggy server. Watch YT, salt of D-chat, or groom underaged people on discord, choose wisely.

tgmc is one step ahead of caring for ghost players
    Less people which translates to less lag, so they can do such stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either implement echo squad awakening for dead marines or cloning.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloning

But if not rhe solution is so damn simple.. just give marines new waves every 20mins or something.

We already have cyrotroops in the code. Give the xenos some larva too or something.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Cloning

But if not rhe solution is so damn simple.. just give marines new waves every 20mins or something.

We already have cyrotroops in the code. Give the xenos some larva too or something.
    ehhhh. I honestly like finality of death in most cases. After you've played so many rounds it really wouldn't be fun if the game let you revive /too/ easily for being dumb. I pretty much only play survivor nowadays and if survs got revived easily it wouldnt be fun and if there were way more xenos it definitely wouldnt be fun

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nanu is not going to remove perma nesting lol, even though I would like to see it tested. maybe making it easier for xenos to cap but I don't know if that will ever happen. (it wont)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cloning was awful back when it was still implemented and translated to massively increased round times lol. i never want to see that shit again. there's easier solutions to marine permadeath, like Cryorines. i'm not a xeno main, but the addition of permanesting freed up a number of xenos from having to babysit people that are nested, it honestly seemed like a headache to sit there and constantly neuro/tackle down marines to stop their resist progress. no fuckin thanks, as much as i loved getting up out of a nest and setting off two grenades in either hand or blowing my brains out
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Permanesting feels awful, yes, but what feels worse is playing on the team with less people and being told you need to delegate several players to doing LITERALLY NOTHING for the entire round.

Permanesting is a necessary evil, and with the current state of marine revives where it's all too easy to get defibbed 5+ times in a round I don't really think there's a need to lower the amount of round-ending mechanics xenos have available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Complains about a problem

- Never suggest a solution that both sides would be happy with

- You need to get better at the game applies

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yellow I appreciate the trouble but how the fuck would you remove permanent nesting without making it even more cancerous for Xeno to play?