User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perma nesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when we didn’t have perma-nests. Xenos would build complex and interesting hives, sentinels and other xenos would monitor and patrol their hive, multi-burst made xeno population more random. Marines could actually pull off daring escapes, you’d even, occasionally, get telepathic interactions between the Queen and the capture because you didn’t ghost immedietly.

Now 1 cap is 2 xenos and short of scout hivedive or actually winning, thats for certain. Xenos don’t have to defend their hive like Marines have to defend the FOB. It rarely bites them in the ass because of traps that just alert the entire hive, who can instantly return to the hive via tunnel.

You can kill 10 xenos but if they capture 5 people, that number is replenished within 15 minutes.

All Xenos, despite being extremely powerful, focus in murderball because they no longer have to think on a strategic level, they just group together because they have the numbers and strength to do so and Marines don’t have the strength to counter that without CAS and OBs.

tl;dr
    Perma-nests are a mistake. Spawn-pool is a mistake. I miss 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I remember when we didn’t have perma-nests. Xenos would build complex and interesting hives, sentinels and other xenos would monitor and patrol their hive, multi-burst made xeno population more random. Marines could actually pull off daring escapes, you’d even, occasionally, get telepathic interactions between the Queen and the capture because you didn’t ghost immedietly.

tl;dr
    Perma-nests are a mistake. Spawn-pool is a mistake. I miss 2019.
    I miss 2019 as well. What I don't miss is having to monitor nests
    I feel like we need a compromise between 'You literally cannot get out of a nest ever' to 'wait two minutes' Xenos already have tacklespam with which they can drag you from the frontline to the huggers (I've had it happen to me). Maybe nest resin 'reinforces' in the presence of the Queen/Hivelord/Drone? These classes are already going to be leaning more towards staying inside the hive. So giving them a secondary duty of peeking in on the hosts, adding more resin, and then going back to whatever they were doing would be better. The big problem with nestgaurding, imo, is the fact that you essentially took two combat-ready xenos out of the fight to constantly neurotoxin and disarm marines.
    So why not just make that a function of the classes that already want to stay inside? Instead of freeing the host when you help intent a nest, have them add more resin and reset the timer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until devs making changes to force drones and hivelords to frontline not sure what you expect. You think we are going to build reflective walls or acid turrets inside hive? For what? Or you think a hivelord would go resin whisperer to make weak drone walls inside hive where it's safe to build, so no need for ranged building? Especially now with the update you can burst spam some walls which are excellent to block out cades in seconds.

Until devs are making changes that benefits front lining and penalizes hive building not sure what you expect. Either make a new strain for drone/hivelord or change it entirely so their plasma regen is close to zero, unless they near the hive (how ever you want to do it, near queen, core, nests, beds as it can be abused by moving these item to front.). If they are in the hive, they should have superior building speed and QOL features like toggle fast/sticky and just walk to place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perma-nesting was unfun for any xenomorph guarding the hive, aka the sentinels.

This resulted in an extremely unfun role which nobody wanted to play, but if they didnt play, it was a confirmed loss for the hive.

Yes it is fun for marines, I have many memories of breaking out with my boy Alan Jones and quite literally doom guying the hive...however compromise is extremely important and I can look back and go, yeah, considering the devs tried many other alternatives and solutions, Im happy with perma-nesting, for the moment, considering that it is the best solution we have currently.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perma nesting isn't fun but I think it'd be cool if we could toggle it on and off in-game