User Tag List

Thread: Ethan10000llahd - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethan10000llahd - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Ethan10000llahd
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Ethan 'Crusader' Weiss
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Chungor#0773
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    not jobban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Silencerpl I believe
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    None as of recent
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    old paradise ban which was appealed, bans from servers that no longer exist anymore
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: Several instances of transphobic coments on top of salting on staff decisions and clear indication that they're doing it to 'speedun' a discord ban. I would have considered this as another warning if it weren't for the comments that made me think you are doing this on purpose. We have a zero tolerance polic for racism and bigotry, as you alraedy knew. A ban will be applied, you can appeal it on the forum.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    It's been a while and I'm banned from the discord, so I have no access to evidence that may support my claim directly for an unban other than minor witness reports, so I'll keep it to a plea and attempt of reconciliation instead. I'll go one by one per reason. 1. Several instances of transphobic coments -

I understand I have posted many things that were negatively directed and transgenders and feminine people (of all genders), mainly insulting their cm characters. I will not attempt to refute that, because even though I was joking in a satirical manner, it was still there and meant to some degree. I would like to apologize for insulting people based off themselves, rather their than their actions, and I know that though I do, and will have some negative thoughts in the future towards an individuals self (as I believe is human to a degree), I will try my best to not express them in a toxic manner that belittles a person's self rather than actions.

2. on top of salting on staff decisions and clear indication that they're doing it to 'speedun' a discord ban. -

I definitely believe this was a joke between me and a few other members of the community. I later talked with DOR in dms, and he thought I directed the conversation at him. https://gyazo.com/7a18a7902aef6560667e90f835d9b5b4 I really don't know what to say on this one, other than I was very unhappy with recent drama and staff decisions and was thinking rash. I tried to argue in community feedback on why the community was angry, but I realize afterward I wasn't posting a feasible solution to the issues, and just fueling the flame, despite how discontent I was at the time. I believe any "speedrun" message could have originated from there as well, if it was not actually directed at DOR.

3. I would have considered this as another warning if it weren't for the comments that made me think you are doing this on purpose.
    I admit that I was very hotheaded and angry with staff decisions at the moment, and "didn't care" if I was going to be banned. I regret continuing to argue to the point that would get me banned, and I should have shown more restraint, especially after the what I assume to be a locking of community feedback where me and other members of the community "joked" around a lot, likely resulting in my ban in the after portion. I believe I made a vain attempt to be civil in the community feedback but outside the channel I completely wasn't, and I apologize for that.

4. We have a zero tolerance polic for racism and bigotry, as you alraedy knew. A ban will be applied, you can appeal it on the forum.

I apologize for upvoting the are you racist joke poll, if this is what the part is about. I didn't consider that it would add to such a severe repricussion considering it was what I assumed to be a joke. Of course I mentioned earlier with the transphobia that despite my feelings in isolated instances. I will try to suppress that temporarily angered side of me as best as possible. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a slight animosity towards certain groups, and I don't want to do that, but I can surely not act on it, and that's what I intend to do.

I make this appeal now to get back in touch with the friends I now so rarely talk to due to the ban, and to reconnect with them back on the holidays, with Christmas spirit in the air. I will not lie when I say I am not perfect. However, I will take steps to avoid offending individuals, and minimizing the chances I do so even indirectly. I have been a frequent critic of staff, and I believe I am allowed an opinion, but I will now try to attach constructive elements to my criticism. If I get hotheaded, I will try to simply close the discord window from now on, before I boil too far. I bend the knee to the, and I hope I may be reunited with the ones I call my friends, a community I care about, despite my grievances and anger towards some parts of it. I'd rather live and let live around my friends, than be with sorrow and anger alone. I'm sorry I couldn't contribute more to this, but I don't have an exact recollection of everything that happened. All I can do now is ask for your forgiveness, and attempt to move on. Merry Chungsmas, and a happy new gib. PS. Sorry for screaming at the mps all the time, everyone just hates being arrested

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal accepted, your ban will be lifted within the hour.
    Senior Administrator