User Tag List

Thread: That time Echo Squad assassinated 2 Queens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That time Echo Squad assassinated 2 Queens

A brief summary of events: So round starts, and command is taking volunteers for echo squad. We show up, get enlisted, and deploy. We rally West River in the wooden hut, designate it our regroup spot, and wait for fog.

Fog drops we push hard west into caves through no resistance, COMPLETE SQUAD COHESION. We're talking flares, firing lines, communication the whole shebang. We hear Hydro is about to fall to xeno menace right as we approach West cave hive. I hear queen stomps and pop down my Bipod on the HPR right as queen walks through the door. We light her up, she gets shredded like CL fax to high command. We skirmish a bit and pull back through the caves with what I believe is no casualties to echo squad. We Regoup at wooden hut confident we turned the tide. Right as we decide to go back to the fight, new queen comes stomping up and we give chase gunning her down in the process. It's over, we won, commemorative photo.

To everyone who was in Echo that round you brought a tear to my eye. Absolutely Glorious.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to ruin the parade, but you killed a queen who couldn't tell what was going on because their screen froze and then had their client crash, then the second one was a baldie that was forced to take the position because nobody was going queen
    Last edited by Kineem; 12-21-2021 at 01:46 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are telling me the larva that I killed as a surv because the player ghosted it in the middle of yard was not a legit kill? I had complete squad cohesion with the crazy nun and it only took us 10 SECONDS from the time we saw it to take out our guns, wield it and shoot it.

I take also full responsibility for the killing of a resting warrior in the middle of yard. Now you might say "hey retard, but he was clearly SSD. Why would a warrior rest on no weeds in the middle of the yard?". But to those people I say a kill is a kill. We worked hard and fast to click on an AFK player. ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED. An other xeno could have come and killed us. But we battled on and KILLED that warrior with heroic menace LITERALLY TAKING ZERO CASUALTY MIND YOU.

Of course some could point out that one solo lurker killed us both 2 minutes later in a 1v2, but let's not get bogged down on small details.

The kills we achieved, the precision of our shots, the insane level of cohesion and communication we managed bought us many kills and tears of joy to our eyes.

HA TAKE THAT. XENOS MAD?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    So you are telling me the larva that I killed as a surv because the player ghosted it in the middle of yard was not a legit kill? I had complete squad cohesion with the crazy nun and it only took us 10 SECONDS from the time we saw it to take out our guns, wield it and shoot it.

I take also full responsibility for the killing of a resting warrior in the middle of yard. Now you might say "hey retard, but he was clearly SSD. Why would a warrior rest on no weeds in the middle of the yard?". But to those people I say a kill is a kill. We worked hard and fast to click on an AFK player. ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED. An other xeno could have come and killed us. But we battled on and KILLED that warrior with heroic menace LITERALLY TAKING ZERO CASUALTY MIND YOU.

Of course some could point out that one solo lurker killed us both 2 minutes later in a 1v2, but let's not get bogged down on small details.

The kills we achieved, the precision of our shots, the insane level of cohesion and communication we managed bought us many kills and tears of joy to our eyes.

HA TAKE THAT. XENOS MAD?!
    smh i never get my due respect for my surv larva frags either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to turn this into an Echo squad bonding moment thread but the xeno mains have infiltrated. Don't act like you xeno mains haven't capped a PVT. who was sitting alone in FOB and thought highly of yourself after they got nested. Ya'll attack AFK people all the time but some how it's not OK for marines to do that? SMH. Even if the client still crashed we still pulled the forces from hydro for the rest of marines to push out and win with. Don't tell me you're actually trying to infer that you lost solely because the queen who wasn't at the front died. You can discredit Echo squad all you want but at the end of the day you xenos lost because of echos' tactical brilliance that pulled you away from the front and left before you got any result from attacking the squad.

Also, this was less of bragging and more of a homage to everyone who was in the squad that day. Notice how I didn't discredit any xenos or say they played poorly, and yet look here we got people comin' in and making light of what we accomplished. We all felt like a team that OP and the spirit of comradery was strong. Hindsight might have been 20/20 for those of you who died and listened to the salt in d-chat and watched it unfold but for us it was uncertain, you coming in here to discredit that is a poor showing indeed... I was hoping to hear from some people who were in the squad that day to build us up but now whose gonna respond when we got you guys tearing us down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a marine main would say: Cope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's okay, Echo Squad had their time in the limelight again a couple of days ago- Kilo/Thwomper pulled two specs, two smartgunners (one being me) and a medic from other squads and we got designated as a hunter killer team. First Queen over-extended and ate a SADAR to the mouth, me and the other smartgunner lit her up and ended her short and miserable existence.
    Xenos retreat at this point, other Queen forms, marines breach the caves and the hive- Echo squad flanks the Xenos, catches them with their pants down, we run straight headfirst into them. Queen gets SADAR'd again, I light her up too and she also dies. Prae that tries to nab some easy kills ends up dead when me and the other SG light him up. Last Defender that tries to escape gets stunned and I end him, as well.
    Echo hard carried that round, Xenos can mald all day long and try to make up excuses. hoes mad

left to right, Sam Yates (forgot his nickname), Samson 'Kilo' Rockwell, Edin 'Russkie' Velky (me), and a medic whose name I forgot. The other spec who was a GL got memed pretty much non stop so he wasn't there for the ending pic.
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.