User Tag List

Thread: ChainsawMullet - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChainsawMullet - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    ChainsawMullet
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    HEX/Hylla Greene/John 'John Halo'/Lob 'Slob' Bob/etc.
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    h.#9321
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    None
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Not sure
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Rarely DS13
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Never on another server, only here.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    "Head staff have decided that your attitude in this discord is no longer tolerable. Following from your previous ban you must appeal this on the forums."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Firstly, I'd like to start by saying my previous appeal was terrible, and quite petty overall, to the point it's kind of embarrassing to even have to link it to this one.

Regardless, I have recently begun playing CM again and have found enjoyment in simply playing the game and not really concerning myself with anything happening OOCly around it. If this appeal is accepted I intend to continue this approach to the game and community, however I would still like to regain access to the Discord as there are people I'd like to engage with, and it's hard to keep up with rule and community changes without being in the discord.

I have been a very polarising person for the last year or so, and while I'm not going to make excuses for that, I would like to at least say that it has never been my intention to go out of my way to offend or demean people, and if I have given that impression or anyone has ever felt that I am targeting them in a malicious manner I am deeply apologetic for that. I am not blind to the fact that some of the things that I say as shitposts or jokes are frequently not taken in that manner, and it's something I intend to avoid in future.

This appeal felt longer while I was writing it, but I think adding more to it would water down or detract from what I'm trying to say, so unless more is specifically asked for I'm going to leave it at this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'll give some feedback on this one.

I'm going to deny this appeal on this occasion but I'm not ruling out a potential lift in the future. Currently, there is no Discord Manager and thus Discord management is taken jointly by Silencer_pl, myself and any other available managers.
    I posted this appeal in the discord unbans channel and you have received little positive feedback, so here's what I can tell you to work with.

You have an extraordinary history of toxicity. Saying you are controversial is underselling it, everywhere I look it seems you are universally known as causing problems, from when you were on staff, to council, to a discord user, it's literally all the same stuff over a very long period of time. You were kind of a repeated asshole.
    You aren't stupid, though. You raise good points on occasion and this appeal itself is good. My problem is, you have something like less than a month from an appeal where you essentially wrote "I won't interact with staff" which is an impossible ask. You can't avoid interacting with staff on the server if an issue happens, the question is how will you react when you eventually do. I'm very glad that you recognise that your previous appeal was terrible and you're sort of apologising for previous behaviour but I don't believe you didn't know what you were doing a lot of the time. It's also been pointed out that saying you're sorry if someone takes offense to something is not really taking ownership of the acts themselves, placing blame on the people you hurt rather than your actions.

I'm not a huge fan of unappealable bans except in certain scenarios, but you have very little staff support for a full lift. Fundamentally, my concern is, what's changed aside from your interest in the game? Are you going to be different?
    I want to believe that. But it feels a bit too soon, and I'm not even someone you personally effected much and I still thought you were a bit toxic.

I am denying the appeal on this occasion, but future appeals may be more successful. I want to know what's different, because current staff solutions are things like "Okay, let him back, but mute him". I'd like to see more from you before we decide on that, but I want to see how you get on in the forums and in game for at least another month.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)