User Tag List

Thread: McLaggins - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McLaggins - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    McLaggins
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Dustin 'Survivor' Moon
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Silencer__pl
    Total Ban Duration
    1 Week
    Remaining Duration
    1 Week
    What other servers do you play on?
    Aurora Station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Cited Reason is: Improper Escalation
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Dustin 'Survivor' Moon (Squad Smartgunner)

The point of this rather lengthy appeal (im sorry, seriously) is to map out how my character had a legitimate reason to escalate the situation and attempt a jailbreak.

Improper escalation defined as: "Do not attack another player without a legitimate, explainable roleplay reason that could be applied in a similar, real-life scenario."

I was brigged for manslaughter of the wrong target when defending XO from harm (he was severely injured by another player, I defended him)

The orginal charges of murder were dropped to manslaughter via defense clause under self defense or defense of others.

The sentence of manslaughter is a 20 minute brig time. I spent over 40 minutes in police custody. Extensive time questioned in the CIC. My processing took 15 minutes (to be fair I think the MP was bald) I was told throughout this process that I would only serve around 8 minutes (deducted by time taken). After finally being brigged. I spent another 15 minutes in jail (waiting for my supposed 8 minute release) Hyjack began, and still, I was not being set free.

At this point I decided to make an escape. In an IC and IRL perspective I felt that I would not be released at all. Resulting to "Mortal Danger" to my character. Under these circumstances, I believe that this ICly warrants proper escalation to protect my characters life. I baited the MP into the prison area, and attempted to OD them on tram in order to secure the ID and escape.

Tying it all together, Yes I broke marine law. Yes I should have avoided this stupid situation in the first place. However I believe that I have a sound reason to support these actions, and to make a proper defense against this weeklong ban.
    I know I have a history of improper escalation. However I think this is a proper situation. In the future I will work to avoid situations that could end in an MP altercation. Even IF I think I have IC reasoning.

Thank you for your time, sorry for the trouble.

XO was Amber Walsh. Can cite for questioning leading to my imprisonment.

-Moon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note, I dont have screenshots to support my claims. But XO amber walsh was in the situation. Arresting MP (and victim here, sorry), was Arthricia Enright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I was the CO during this round and can explain the events that went on and will add my own opinion on the topic as well!

Initially, the original incident with the XO happened when he entered medbay with the intention to deploy groundside for the operation. The XO reported on comms that he was being kidnapped. I could not leave CIC because I was handling the operation with him having to deploy. But with the SEA (Connor Anderson, a person I truly trust as a previous member of the CO Council) and CMO (Sebastian Hale, a person I've known through medical for almost a year now) in the area, I believed that he would be safe.

Turns out, however, that the XO was gravely injured and it delayed his deployment for about 15 minutes. He reported that the CE and nurse attacked him, allegedly on comms. I was busy at the time giving orders, so I didn't notice until the Alpha SG (banned player here) was involved and murdered the CE. I had the SG taken to CIC so I can speak with him due to there being no MPs at the time. I spoke with him around 8 minutes getting both sides of the story and had the CMP and MP (who recently woke up and arrived at CIC to find out what was happening) process him for manslaughter as CE was an unintended target, or so I presumed.

After the round was over, I spoke to the XO and tried to find out what happened. They told me that the CE (Kara Parton) and a nurse attacked him, the CE taking the XO into custody over DtGP. The CE shouldn't be attempting to confine the XO over this, as it's the Commander and the CE shouldn't deputize themselves regardless. Then, apparently, a nurse followed up and almost killed the XO.

From what I was told by the SG, he entered medbay after finishing preparations for deployment, and the XO pointed at the nurse and told him that I (the CO) am going to BE the nurse for attacking him. To which after that, the XO orders the SG to do the action instead, with the XO flopping face-first on the ground. The SG doesn't know the context and follows the order with the interpretation that the nurse was attacking the XO. I believe that anyone would step in and attempt to help the XO if they saw that sort of situation because I would have BE'd the nurse in that situation if I was there.

What follows up from the SG, assumingly defending the XO, attempts to take the life of the XO. The CE then steps in again, unlawfully deputizing themselves instead of bringing it to me, attempting to flash and disarm the SG. What I don't know was whether or not the CE was purposely killed in this situation, but I truly believe the CE should not have been acting this way during this interaction regardless.

However, if the staff involved believed that the CE was justified and the SG was truly making an offense here, I cannot say otherwise. Best of luck to the person appealing.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, So, I am the XO, Vance Endsley (The CO was Amber Walsh).

I asked the Alpha SG to take down the person who nearly killed by my crushing my head against a table and breaking my skull.

He was in my eyes defending me, although I'm not sure how many people he killed after I asked him to eliminate the person who nearly killed me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay in response but the consensus among the admin team was not to lift/shorten this ban.

It was deemed appropriate due to note history at the time and killing an MP on hijack is generally ill advised, MPs will usually let you go provided you aren't a threat to others.

Appeal denied
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)