User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: People simple refuse to follow orders, briefings are pointless

  1. #21
    Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshguac View Post
    orders stopped having meaning after tcomms were replaced with the tower tcomms. there is no longer a reason to have any kind of sustainable presence on the map anymore, either kill or fall back FOB be damned. marines will not respond to big brain orders because the only purpose now is to kill the funny meta hive core and the related buildings (haha dude just like in stercraft lmaooo xddd zerg rush)
    i don't think devs realise how much they FUCKED UP when they replaced tcomms
    Porta-comms was pretty much decided on by 1 dev and got through, iirc there's plans to go back to colony-side held comms.

  2. #22
    Ancient Member Pigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porta Tele destoryed the balance of old Ice and messed up trijent, big red, and prison as the maps were designed around defending telecommunications.

    HvH sucks ass in ss13 and would require a lot of dev work, don’t hold your breath

    Orders mean nothing since Deathballing, from StarCraft to blob up in one big ball, is the only effective strat and needed strat as nothing matters on the maps. This is due to removal of defcon system, half baked tech trees and removal, no comm guarding, power being pointless, and aliens not having random spawn. Ironically random hive prevented going for the meta hive every time and encouraged spreading out. Also some maps are very linear or simple so easy to guess hive locations.

  3. #23
    Senior Member BIgboyyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I think you are simply wrong.

    You just took the current experience of admemes doing (once in a blue moon) HvH poorly and applied it to potential new and balanced HvH that run itself.
    Yes, marines have CAS/Mortar/OB/etc... But that doesn't mean the other faction can't have specific counters against that. You know, new "gamemode" would have to be somewhat balanced, why we all pretend like it would be literally exactly like removing xenos and spawning other faction?

    How the "game isn't made for that"? You mean SS13 isn't made for HvH combat, or maybe CM isn't made for HvH combat? Because I don't see the problem with the former as combat HvH servers existed for a long time and the latter can be made for HvH and that would be much easier than add whatever the fuck mechanics that will get metaed in a week and won't add anything meaningfull.
    Even when you disable all the extra shit marines get they still have the advantage of latejoins, better guns, smartgunners, specialist. If you have to make so many compromises for it to even somewhat work what the fucks the point? All this complicates it more and more and makes it harder to do automatically. You saying it would be easy is proof to me that you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about CABAL, if it's "much easier" than adding new mechanics than do it yourself, the codebase is right there free to be contributed to.

    CM isn't made for HVH, I've played HVH rounds and it sucks, guns are made to fight xenos so they do a large amount of damage. Getting shot once by a shotgun in close range is a death sentence, so is a single burst from a M41. Factor in attachies and its a free win for marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There even shouldn't be some fucking "interrogation" mechanics. Thats the beauty of it, "interrogation" is full RP experience with 0 mechanics (however it would benefit from some fluff devmeme stuff like pullling out finger nails, teeth and stuff).
    I also like how you treat the concept of interrogation. Yeah, if the other party won't cooperate, it will be shit. GUESS WHAT?! EVERY FUCKING ATTEMPT ON RP WILL SUCK IF THE OTHER PARTY WILL NOT PLAY ALONG! THATS THE FUCKING POINT OF RP! NO MATTER WHAT DEVS/ADMEMES/WHOTHEFUCKEVER DOES, RP WILL ALWAYS DEPEND ON ATLEAST TWO PEOPLE PLAYING ALONG AND YOUR ARGUMENT AGAINST SOMETHING PURERLY RP BASED IS THAT THE OTHER SIDE SURERY WON'T PLAY ALONG!
    The irony of that is stunning.
    Interrogation is fucking boring, what RP do you even get out of that? Oh yea I love when I yell "give me da info" at the cuffed guy and he says "no fuck you" back to me in russian and I punch him, epic roleplay. I've been on both sides of that scenario and its fucking boring. What do you even need to interrogate them for? You take their radio and everything is right there for you, every faction has a single comms channel and all the info is now infront of you, there's nothing to gain from yelling at a random grunt you revived. Unless the person you're interrogating is some important lore guy the admins made why even do it other than to give MPs something to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Cease Fires did happen when benos were present, but it was usually benos and the other faction fighting together against marines.There was even a rule in the past prohibiting xenos from making cease fires/alliances with anyone after a round where some other faction traded some monkeys in exchange for that and benos agreed.
    Look right there, natural RP was created, better to shut it down, cover your ears and sing "la la la".
    They're fucking xenomorphs, there's a reason you speak a different language, they shouldn't be siding with any human faction. They're giant murder lizards they don't care about petty things such as "truces" they only give a fuck about infecting people. You should be siding with the guys you atleast share a species with not the horrible aliens that wipe out planets.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21


    Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

  4. #24
    Primordial Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    Even when you disable all the extra shit marines get they still have the advantage of latejoins, better guns, smartgunners, specialist. If you have to make so many compromises for it to even somewhat work what the fucks the point? All this complicates it more and more and makes it harder to do automatically. You saying it would be easy is proof to me that you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about CABAL, if it's "much easier" than adding new mechanics than do it yourself, the codebase is right there free to be contributed to.

    CM isn't made for HVH, I've played HVH rounds and it sucks, guns are made to fight xenos so they do a large amount of damage. Getting shot once by a shotgun in close range is a death sentence, so is a single burst from a M41. Factor in attachies and its a free win for marines.
    Argumentum at Codium. Classic. Won't comment on that.

    Both sides would get latejoins, guns could be balanced, other sides could get specialists and some smartgunner equivalent. You have to make 0 compromises for it to even somewhat work, you have to adjust a bit few things for it to be balanced.

    CM isn't made for HvH, but can be made for HvH. Stubbornly stating that some magical force keeps CM from having some HvH combat on fairly regular basis is stupid. You talk about one hit shotgun kills and burst from M41 plus attachements like other factions don't (and can't, magical force prevents them) have their fair share of weapons with simillar stats (or even outright better, yes, even CLF, they get standard issue auto-shotties and double barrel obrez and marines do not) and attachements can't be just given to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    Interrogation is fucking boring, what RP do you even get out of that? Oh yea I love when I yell "give me da info" at the cuffed guy and he says "no fuck you" back to me in russian and I punch him, epic roleplay. I've been on both sides of that scenario and its fucking boring. What do you even need to interrogate them for? You take their radio and everything is right there for you, every faction has a single comms channel and all the info is now infront of you, there's nothing to gain from yelling at a random grunt you revived. Unless the person you're interrogating is some important lore guy the admins made why even do it other than to give MPs something to do.
    You get RP if you both play it along. Another example of your concept of "RP". If I can't gain something, there is no point in RP. Please, stop embarrasing yourself when you talk about RP, because thats really fucking ridiculous. One should RP for the sake of RP and gain fun/pleasure from it, not something you can measure in pixels, or numbers.
    Oh my god, If I don't fucking get a tasty treat IRL, I won't bother to RP, because of that.

    I can imagine how you RPed when you got captured. Guy tried to RP (despite the fact he won't gain anything from it) and you just said "no fuck you" and just keept silent, or ghosted. What a great RPer.

    Also yet again lets forget that things can be changed, if factions have 1 radio channel that you can gain all the knowledge from, it has to be this way and can't be in any other. ID-locked headsets? No, impossible in SS13.

    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    They're fucking xenomorphs, there's a reason you speak a different language, they shouldn't be siding with any human faction. They're giant murder lizards they don't care about petty things such as "truces" they only give a fuck about infecting people. You should be siding with the guys you atleast share a species with not the horrible aliens that wipe out planets.
    I am strongly against benos making alliances too, but that was an example that cease-fires happened normally even between hostile humans and xenos, so... They do happen and your argument was destryed.

    I'm not looking forward for another pointless response from THE GREATEST RPer CM HAS EVER SEEN, WHO WON'T RP UNLESS HE CAN GAIN SOMETHING FROM IT.
    Have a CM day.
    REDEMPTION

  5. #25
    Senior Member BIgboyyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Argumentum at Codium. Classic. Won't comment on that.
    So it isn't easy then? Then why would you say it was mister Cabal?
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Both sides would get latejoins, guns could be balanced, other sides could get specialists and some smartgunner equivalent. You have to make 0 compromises for it to even somewhat work, you have to adjust a bit few things for it to be balanced.
    Latejoins could happen but you can't simultaneously balance marine guns for both xenos and humans because they're very different, which leads to making compromises which leads to shittier gameplay. None of this fixes the core issues of CM lacking mechanics to make fighting interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    CM isn't made for HvH, but can be made for HvH. Stubbornly stating that some magical force keeps CM from having some HvH combat on fairly regular basis is stupid. You talk about one hit shotgun kills and burst from M41 plus attachements like other factions don't (and can't, magical force prevents them) have their fair share of weapons with simillar stats (or even outright better, yes, even CLF, they get standard issue auto-shotties and double barrel obrez and marines do not) and attachements can't be just given to them.
    No it can't lmao. There have been many many many HVH events, tests, and now there's an extra gamemode for it that carlarc made to lessen the workload on admins. I've played my fair share and its awful, I don't know anyone who enjoys them. You can't just add an automatic hvh mode and have it be functional or fun, there's just too much shit to have to do and its not even worth it because hvh comabt fucking sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You get RP if you both play it along. Another example of your concept of "RP". If I can't gain something, there is no point in RP. Please, stop embarrasing yourself when you talk about RP, because thats really fucking ridiculous. One should RP for the sake of RP and gain fun/pleasure from it, not something you can measure in pixels, or numbers.
    Oh my god, If I don't fucking get a tasty treat IRL, I won't bother to RP, because of that.

    I can imagine how you RPed when you got captured. Guy tried to RP (despite the fact he won't gain anything from it) and you just said "no fuck you" and just keept silent, or ghosted. What a great RPer.
    What RP do you get from interogating someone, what are you even going to interogate them for that you can't get from just stealing their headset. You can't even make a point here without just insulting me because I'm right lmao. The only thing gained from it is maybe some guy switching sides because they'd rather do that then just spend the rest of the round in jail (ironically they might actually get more RP from being locked up with other humans than being interogated)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Also yet again lets forget that things can be changed, if factions have 1 radio channel that you can gain all the knowledge from, it has to be this way and can't be in any other. ID-locked headsets? No, impossible in SS13.
    Ok so you ID lock the headsets, now you just pickup their ID and unlock it and there you go

    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I am strongly against benos making alliances too, but that was an example that cease-fires happened normally even between hostile humans and xenos, so... They do happen and your argument was destryed.

    I'm not looking forward for another pointless response from THE GREATEST RPer CM HAS EVER SEEN, WHO WON'T RP UNLESS HE CAN GAIN SOMETHING FROM IT.
    Have a CM day.
    No it wasn't? That's an event an admin orchestrated, which was exactly my point that these things only happens due to admin fuckery. You're such a weirdo CABAL jesus christ.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21


    Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is a synth councillor yelling at a cloud about his thoughts on HvH, Orders, and Roleplay?
    Its not like you have any shortage of roleplay bruh.

    You not knowing anybody who likes HvH?
    Must not know everybody then, gg no ree.

    Seriously, the fuck are you guys even arguing for?
    What the fuck do you have to gain or lose in this thread?
    Is somebody campaigning for or against HvH or some shit, is a dev or contributor gonna read anything here and make UPP RPweb 2.0?

    This is a thread about following orders or the lack their of, dont derail it with your hate boners, make your own thread.
    Unrobust bravo main whom occasional plays:
    Steve Humason
    Chroma Tuflos
    Ophelia Maxwell
    Hideyoshi "Saint" Kurobara
    And Andrew Arthur Waits "Three Hijacks" the 3rd

  7. #27
    Ancient Member Tails of Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    740
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man I'm sure glad I'm not part of this shit anymore
    Former Mentor. Now Whitelist Maintainer on Phoenix Marine.
    Ask me anything
    Mentor - 01-26-2021
    Promotion to Senior Mentor - 11-21-2021
    CMI-13 Mentor -12-3-2021
    Lost CM Mentor/Become Pheonix Marine Mentor 12-26-2021
    Phoenix Marine Whitelist Matainer 1-8-2022
    CMI-13 Synth Councillor 1-18-2022
    Zdraviya Zhelayu

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails of Akira View Post
    man I'm sure glad I'm not part of this shit anymore
    Yeah it really matters what kind if headspace you go into playing. If you take it too seriously if will mess with your head, like these 2 fine gentleman engaging in a verbal battle over hypothetical scenarios. If you just want to have fun, mess around with other players in an alien world and RP, CM is the place to be.

    I put in some easy to make suggestions with the cade nerfs, I think it's doable. Anything more complex than that I doubt.

    Not sure why but when people spend too much time in CM and take it seriously, they get bitter. If you just legit want to have fun, I think CM is great, just don't take it seriously.

  9. #29
    Ancient Member Tails of Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    740
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a mentor anymore because I'm too good for this server. fun to watch on forum and read these though!
    Former Mentor. Now Whitelist Maintainer on Phoenix Marine.
    Ask me anything
    Mentor - 01-26-2021
    Promotion to Senior Mentor - 11-21-2021
    CMI-13 Mentor -12-3-2021
    Lost CM Mentor/Become Pheonix Marine Mentor 12-26-2021
    Phoenix Marine Whitelist Matainer 1-8-2022
    CMI-13 Synth Councillor 1-18-2022
    Zdraviya Zhelayu

  10. #30
    Senior Member Outcast Seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The arguments are kind of funny to watch.

    Real question though: when was the last time you received useful orders from CIC? I get annoyed when I see the tenth announcement saying "You are doing (great/bad)! Get (in/out) of (location)."

    I generally ignore briefing because nothing useful is said there. I would like to see officers actually try to actually coordinate things instead of being vague commentators or murderball cheerleaders.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

    Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •