User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: People simple refuse to follow orders, briefings are pointless

  1. #41
    Senior Member AlbertBlackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucif View Post
    I believe that medals should be given for direct and correct execution of tasks
    Or it is necessary to think up pluses for marines so to say mini medals for execution of these orders
    or something like points I don't know
    Medals shouldn't be granted for doing your job. Medals are for going outside of your job or excelling in it. As for a reward system DEFCON already functioned as one sort-of by pushing areas where there was intel then marines would get access to specialist kits etc.
    how did he get CO?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEFCON spec kit just resulted in metagaming by only being handed to robust marines deemed worthy of it.
    It's pretty much out of necessity than anything else but it's still ass for the rest of the marines.

    Also DEFCON was shit, it's basically a win more system determined by how much free time can you get on an X area and whoever is stuck with the intel processing role shipside isn't gonna enjoy it.
    It's mostly just SLOWLY dragging xeno bodies into containment cell and putting bodies on the Morgue floor, it gets counted from being in the APC area, not trays. And reading folders, notes, etc. gets boring quick.

  3. #43
    Junior Member Zeithri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with OP. I recently started playing on SS13 more serious and already gotten pretty into it.
    But one thing that is evidently clear is that people don't care for briefings at all, and I don't believe that " Everyone knows the meta strategy because that is how Byond works " is a good excuse at all.
    You might as well at that point say " People hate losing so they refuse to listen because they wanna win ", at which points it's all just a meta-slugfest and Roleplay goes out the window completely.

    The best I can suggest is new maps. Something new, something different, something unseen.

    Aside from that rp arrest anyone that throws chair around during briefing and constantly yells CHAAAAAAAARGE and shit.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucif View Post
    I believe that medals should be given for direct and correct execution of tasks
    Or it is necessary to think up pluses for marines so to say mini medals for execution of these orders
    or something like points I don't know
    Like I've said, ungas who skip briefing and just want to kill do NOT care about medals. They just want to take their 2-3 shotguns, use windows swap macros with autoclickers and kill. If they don't care about something, no point pushing it.

    To give you an example, we have SOP, yet some marines won't wear helmet to show off their face or won't wear armor to run faster and be a glass cannon that will either kill 3-4 xenos or die horribly first hit. Now MPs will force them to wear said items. But soon as DS takes off, all the helmets and armors come off as you can not force marines to care things about things they don't give a damn. Same with medals, I also really don't care.

    If you ghost and observe a round, you will see plenty of extremely robust marines taking on 1v1 xenos and killing a bunch. No medal.

    You will also see pro medics, fixing up dead guys in less than 10 seconds, soloing 10 marines in the same time it takes a normal medic 1-2 to ress. No medal.

    You will see engis making elaborate meta defenses, trapping xenos, hiding claymores with throwing knifes as shrapnel, placing proxy igniter on ANFO tanks, remote OT C4ing xenos, getting bunch of kills. No medal.

    But when 1 marine who TALKS A LOT shout, yells, but have 0 kills, 0 revives, no meaningful help, but there he goes in pulling out dead CO body in a lucky way with no skill, yep that is a medal.

    That's why veterans and ungas stopped caring about medals. I really feel like an *ssliker at a workplace who pleases the boss with abysmal job performance. That guy will get promoted 10x faster than the guy who just shuts up and does his job 1000x better than that *ss kisser. CM is 100% the same. That's why you need to reward people not with medals, but in game usable items such as I listed before.

  5. #45
    Ancient Member Tails of Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    740
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually armour in this game doesn't really help unless the xeno is retard enough to aim chest. which is on them if they do that and do no damage to a guy.
    Former Mentor. Now Whitelist Maintainer on Phoenix Marine.
    Ask me anything
    Mentor - 01-26-2021
    Promotion to Senior Mentor - 11-21-2021
    CMI-13 Mentor -12-3-2021
    Lost CM Mentor/Become Pheonix Marine Mentor 12-26-2021
    Phoenix Marine Whitelist Matainer 1-8-2022
    CMI-13 Synth Councillor 1-18-2022
    Zdraviya Zhelayu

  6. #46
    Member Lucif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    Like I've said, ungas who skip briefing and just want to kill do NOT care about medals. They just want to take their 2-3 shotguns, use windows swap macros with autoclickers and kill. If they don't care about something, no point pushing it.

    To give you an example, we have SOP, yet some marines won't wear helmet to show off their face or won't wear armor to run faster and be a glass cannon that will either kill 3-4 xenos or die horribly first hit. Now MPs will force them to wear said items. But soon as DS takes off, all the helmets and armors come off as you can not force marines to care things about things they don't give a damn. Same with medals, I also really don't care.

    If you ghost and observe a round, you will see plenty of extremely robust marines taking on 1v1 xenos and killing a bunch. No medal.

    You will also see pro medics, fixing up dead guys in less than 10 seconds, soloing 10 marines in the same time it takes a normal medic 1-2 to ress. No medal.

    You will see engis making elaborate meta defenses, trapping xenos, hiding claymores with throwing knifes as shrapnel, placing proxy igniter on ANFO tanks, remote OT C4ing xenos, getting bunch of kills. No medal.

    But when 1 marine who TALKS A LOT shout, yells, but have 0 kills, 0 revives, no meaningful help, but there he goes in pulling out dead CO body in a lucky way with no skill, yep that is a medal.

    That's why veterans and ungas stopped caring about medals. I really feel like an *ssliker at a workplace who pleases the boss with abysmal job performance. That guy will get promoted 10x faster than the guy who just shuts up and does his job 1000x better than that *ss kisser. CM is 100% the same. That's why you need to reward people not with medals, but in game usable items such as I listed before.
    It's just like in life.

    And if you give items, what kind of items?
    If weapons or attachments, it is in req
    StepanZZZ

    Lucifer Adams

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucif View Post
    It's just like in life.

    And if you give items, what kind of items?
    If weapons or attachments, it is in req
    Follow orders and get stuff was the original idea about control points techweb. Well, it only extended to: "Go sit around on this location instead of ungaing to the hive ASAP."

    Of course for the very few and short moments where the control points were actually tested, marines just DO NOT have a way to hold areas beyond the LZ barring certain map elements.

  8. #48
    Primordial Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reality we are all retarded in this thread.

    1: 99% of silent "no brieffing" marines doesn't read the forum. For them its: New round, arm up, go to dropship, watch YT/groom on discord, hear DS landing, go kill xenos, perma die/cap, watch YT/groom on discord, repeat.
    2: Nothing will change people listening to orders/attending brieffings short of a hard admeme enforcement. No additional factions, no additional gamemodes, no atmos, no engineering, no research, no engine, no additional medals, no additional maps, no DEFCON, no nothing will fix the "problem". It is simply impossible to do trough gameplay/other players, only admemes.
    3: CM was always in this state outside of brief and artificial moments where there was a lot of new people and they didn't know better, or when admemes/COs forced it. And even then it was with poor results.
    4: Tactics and such without any mechanical support suck ass in SS13, especially in CM. You would have to give CIC/CO tools of a RTS commander, where he could point something that immediately shows on marines hud, where he could select each individual marine, groups, or even whole squads and point them to some location, or point them to focus fire on something etc.
    Then and only then orders and tactics more advanced than "forward/retreat" could be possible. If CIC/CO would have extended vision of a battlefield (like in RTS) where they could alert marines about incoming dangers etc that he sees before they do, marines would start to trust and follow those orders soon enough. On top of that, CIC/CO should be able to set up "areas" where marines would get beneficial auras, simillary to orders, but constant. If marines would get order to attack something, giving them order for faster movement in that area would encourage them to actually do that.
    They wouldn't attend brieffing anyway, though.

    But that is probably impossible in SS13, wait maybe for SS14.
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-29-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    REDEMPTION

  9. #49
    Member Lucif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    In reality we are all retarded in this thread.

    1: 99% of silent "no brieffing" marines doesn't read the forum. For them its: New round, arm up, go to dropship, watch YT/groom on discord, hear DS landing, go kill xenos, perma die/cap, watch YT/groom on discord, repeat.
    2: Nothing will change people listening to orders/attending brieffings short of a hard admeme enforcement. No additional factions, no additional gamemodes, no atmos, no engineering, no research, no engine, no additional medals, no additional maps, no DEFCON, no nothing will fix the "problem". It is simply impossible to do trough gameplay/other players, only admemes.
    3: CM was always in this state outside of brief and artificial moments where there was a lot of new people and they didn't know better, or when admemes/COs forced it. And even then it was with poor results.
    4: Tactics and such without any mechanical support suck ass in SS13, especially in CM. You would have to give CIC/CO tools of a RTS commander, where he could point something that immediately shows on marines hud, where he could select each individual marine, groups, or even whole squads and point them to some location, or point them to focus fire on something etc.
    Then and only then orders and tactics more advanced than "forward/retreat" could be possible. If CIC/CO would have extended vision of a battlefield (like in RTS) where they could alert marines about incoming dangers etc that he sees before they do, marines would start to trust and follow those orders soon enough. On top of that, CIC/CO should be able to set up "areas" where marines would get beneficial auras, simillary to orders, but constant. If marines would get order to attack something, giving them order for faster movement in that area would encourage them to actually do that.
    They wouldn't attend brieffing anyway, though.

    But that is probably impossible in SS13, wait maybe for SS14.
    I agree, but SS14 will not know when it comes out
    StepanZZZ

    Lucifer Adams

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    In reality we are all retarded in this thread.

    1: 99% of silent "no brieffing" marines doesn't read the forum. For them its: New round, arm up, go to dropship, watch YT/groom on discord, hear DS landing, go kill xenos, perma die/cap, watch YT/groom on discord, repeat.
    2: Nothing will change people listening to orders/attending brieffings short of a hard admeme enforcement. No additional factions, no additional gamemodes, no atmos, no engineering, no research, no engine, no additional medals, no additional maps, no DEFCON, no nothing will fix the "problem". It is simply impossible to do trough gameplay/other players, only admemes.
    3: CM was always in this state outside of brief and artificial moments where there was a lot of new people and they didn't know better, or when admemes/COs forced it. And even then it was with poor results.
    4: Tactics and such without any mechanical support suck ass in SS13, especially in CM. You would have to give CIC/CO tools of a RTS commander, where he could point something that immediately shows on marines hud, where he could select each individual marine, groups, or even whole squads and point them to some location, or point them to focus fire on something etc.
    Then and only then orders and tactics more advanced than "forward/retreat" could be possible. If CIC/CO would have extended vision of a battlefield (like in RTS) where they could alert marines about incoming dangers etc that he sees before they do, marines would start to trust and follow those orders soon enough. On top of that, CIC/CO should be able to set up "areas" where marines would get beneficial auras, simillary to orders, but constant. If marines would get order to attack something, giving them order for faster movement in that area would encourage them to actually do that.
    They wouldn't attend brieffing anyway, though.

    But that is probably impossible in SS13, wait maybe for SS14.
    Maybe if there was a second indicator under the SL indicator that could be a point that the CO could designate as a rally point / fall back / front or they could stick it on an XO.
    Felicity Bringh and XYZ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •