User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: People simple refuse to follow orders, briefings are pointless

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the JIMA flag backpack, give every SL passive buffs (that only apply to squad members) just like how leader xenos give off pheromones, boom people are incentivised to stick with their SL. Of course some people still won't, but more people will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Establish a reputation on your named char CO, then you dont have a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Remove the JIMA flag backpack, give every SL passive buffs (that only apply to squad members) just like how leader xenos give off pheromones, boom people are incentivised to stick with their SL. Of course some people still won't, but more people will.
    +1 for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Establish a reputation on your named char CO, then you dont have a problem.
    No to this. You assume every player is playing for 10000 hours and knows every CO. What about new or relative new players? Also some of COs talk very little outside announcements so if you never play CIC you will never even know their name, even if they play CO all the time. I legit only see some COs when I'm ghosting, they just don't talk that much outside of CIC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucif View Post
    It's just like in life.

And if you give items, what kind of items?
    If weapons or attachments, it is in req
    Unobtainable items or very expensive things. Yes they have B8, yes they have metal. What about giving B8 scope that attaches to every gun? How about 200 metal? What about items that can not be obtained from req like inci slugs or late game items like stims. It has to be a little OP for this to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    Maybe if there was a second indicator under the SL indicator that could be a point that the CO could designate as a rally point / fall back / front or they could stick it on an XO.
    An other excellent idea. Now we are getting somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think u should get better at the gamehttp://www.pangulf-me.com

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    No to this. You assume every player is playing for 10000 hours and knows every CO. What about new or relative new players? Also some of COs talk very little outside announcements so if you never play CIC you will never even know their name, even if they play CO all the time. I legit only see some COs when I'm ghosting, they just don't talk that much outside of CIC.
    Its not about talking. You could talk paragraphs each round as CO and nobody would listen to your orders. Its about knowing that CO knows ground combat, so that his plans aren't retarded big brain tactics that are simply impossible to execute in CM, because he has "idea" of combat, instead of having idea of CM beno combat. Thats how you establish reputation on your CO, first as groundside marine.

Nobody started to listen to Windhealer because he talked funny, but because they saw him fight benos competently.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    Adding on to what CABAL said, you have a huge misconception on CO and its leadership role. I do not assume every player plays for 10000 hours. I can tell you some COs can write paragraph stories and no one will follow them. It's also about character, your competence, charisma, strategic ability, standout gimmick/memorable moments. New and relative players can follow in.

I am reiterating an old point about the same argument about who people dont listen to CO's order that has went on for years. This is p much it.

And yes there are times where people will follow whatever the CO says even if it is a visibly dumb order. Seeing as your join date is Oct 2021 on your forum profile, you obviously didnt have the luxury of trying rounds where we had really good CO players.

Also In addition to this, sometimes people do follow Windhealer's strategies to the full. Well to be fair this happened more last time. But it wasnt 100%.

Poor guys never experienced a Carson round, feels bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, played plenty Carson back in the day. In that sense nothing changed. I'm not just basing my observation on marine experience, but on ghost observing at late xenoburst-larva-join. But I give you one that you can try out.

When round starts go and observe. Wait until drop and just observe. That's all you need to do. You know the orders, you observed briefing and announcements. Once you see that I'm 100% right and 50% of marines simply not following SL regarding of CO, XO, SL, what is the plan, you will see what I mean. I mean how else would you know if half the team is not there? Don't base it on manifest or other. Literally just observe.

Now we had some great suggestion at least that WILL work if implemented like SL 'pheromons'.

I still don't think you lads understand that some - I would even say A LOT - of marines play 100% pure unga. They literally won't type anything at all ever. They play it like Doom 3. Take gun, kill stuff. That's it. If this would be 5-10% of players, sure. But some rounds this is 20-30% of players or more. You really think they give a damn who the hell is CO or what is the plan? They ask 'where is front?'. 'West'. And that was it. you never see them talk again. It's like we play 2 different games, what I'm describing here is not like 1 out of a 100 but legit closer to 20-30 as you would think and the next 20-30% is not much better. They type less than 1 line during the whole round.

TLDR: Observe a round from drop 10-20 minutes. At least half marines don't give crap who is CO.