User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: People simple refuse to follow orders, briefings are pointless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago Delgado View Post
    PFC main here, the reason why nobody will listen to your stupid orders some of you CO's say is because you say dumb like "PUSH EAST THEN SOUTH" that is stupid fucking vague, and half the marines will go straight east until they hit a wall then go south, the other half will go east for awhile then south at the first crossroads. Like Pocahontas Healer said communicate. I WANT YOU MAGGOTS TO GO EAST UNTIL THE DAM THEN MOVE SOUTH. DELTA WILL GO SOUTH PAST THE HANGER THEN EAST STRAIGHT INTO HYDRO DAM. REPORT ANY HOSTILES AND WE WILL REASSESS!
    More or less, you're right. Thing is, most marines don't know anything about the common slang used by everyday players like Hydro, Marshals, Engineering and such so you're pretty much forced to use directions everytime you give squads orders like "Move East to Nexus and then get to Medical that's NW of Nexus". Also, you can mostly ignore this if all the squads have experienced SLs with good rep who know what they're doing. As for the marines that don't want to listen, let them be, nothing can be done about it.

TL;DR Don't announce "QUEEN ON DELTA SL!!1!" and use the damned directions

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Quite sad how people will only follow elite famous legendary CO players like Wilhelmina Woodcarver or Junji Toshido the deputy leader of the Kwantung Army, this really speaks about the pointlessness of the CO whitelist
    true......................
    whats the point of CO WL if people will only listen to some CO because those CO were actually trustworthy????????????

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    TL;DR Don't announce "QUEEN ON DELTA SL!!1!" and use the damned directions
    holy shit queen is attacking blue sarge!!!! get on and help them!!!!
    I'm so fucking glad even though I'm playing on RUCM I literally never had an issue with communication. people probably aren't trusting me there because I'm a named CO that actually talks to their troops and more so because I don't actually suck at being CO and have not only proven to be reliable at keeping people alive (average med rig CO user)

that or because they are forced to listen to my bullshit strategy either way because it's either they listen to me or I just kill them.
    I'll let you gues which one it is

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails of Akira View Post
    true......................
    whats the point of CO WL if people will only listen to some CO because those CO were actually trustworthy????????????
    I don't know for what ingame reason CO WL exists, but surely this isn't it.
    CO WL is just a popularity contest, if enough people say "yes" under your app, you get the WL. Its not some trustworthiness test. Hell, even pred, or synth WL aren't that.

Rule of a thumb is that you don't listen at all to the orders of CO/XO/whatever that you never seen doing actually good in groundside combat. Because only those people know first hand how BYOND combat works and they won't try to pull off some majestic flanks when marines see fucking (at best) 7 tiles in front of them, or other shit that works in their minds, but never would in game, unless marines are already winning super hard.