Frog#6006

Marine Name
    Amber Walsh

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Za'Kul

What clan are you joining?
    Other (Minor Clan)

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    Teer.

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

TDLR: A young-blood Yautja taken into travels with his clan gets his opportunity to be taken out on a hunt. He interacts with his clan during this chance, and though his hunt itself is uneventful, the time he spent with his clan on this journey was a developmental adventure impactful enough to last a lifetime. The start of many stories to come for Za'Kul!

Excerpt from the story:

After a few minutes of checking the ground, I reach into my bag and shuffle around until I pull out a trap that fits perfectly in my hand. It’s a square-shaped object, made of metal, with lights on the side that are off. Before I could do anything with what I grabbed from my satchel, hoarse clicking comes in through my ear. My clan leader radios to me, “Get up, welp. The time to prove yourself has come”. He seems to be holding up to his side of things as excellently as one could expect.

I look back to the trap covering my hand and press a flat button on the right side. It begins to glow bright white as the light on the top side of the trap turns on, showing that the device is active and ready to be used. It opens up further from its compact state and now covers the length of my torso. With both hands, I place it firmly on the ground and press its shape into the ground.

With a tap of another button, the light blinks three times and drills two spikes into the ground below itself. The trap slowly disappears from view not long after. It can barely be seen from the naked eye and is firmly held in place. The centerpiece responds to a certain amount of weight change and releases a mechanism that grasps what may activate it with intense grip and force. It will do great for the job.

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the story being over the recommended word limit! I couldn't give the ideas I wanted without so many words!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Recognizable, competent player,
    2) Captain,
    3) Active on discord and ingame,
    4) Notes show improvement over time,

+1 from me. Hope to see you as a predator one day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, question time: You are fighting a marine and he decides to run to the front, what would you do? Additionally, the CO starts shooting at you from the frontlines. How would you react, if at all
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WH0_T00Kthejam View Post
    Alrighty, question time: You are fighting a marine and he decides to run to the front, what would you do? Additionally, the CO starts shooting at you from the frontlines. How would you react, if at all
    Assuming that because there's still a frontline active, that would mean there's still heavy engagement between both sides of the xenos and marines.

If the marine was the one who initially started the duel, then decided to run away when they realized they were losing, I would consider that insulting and mark them as dishonorable. I would stun them with my plasma caster (non-lethal to avoid anyone else getting hurt from cross-fire), if possible for the current time, and take them to an excluded area away from the frontline to finish the duel once they are no longer stunned. If the situation is where I could not intervene, I would leave the area and wait for a better time to continue as previously stated. However, if I was the one who antagonized the marine into a duel, and they no longer wished to fight, I would not consider this dishonorable and would allow them to leave.

For the CO shooting at me, they would initially still be unhuntable, as they are a key figure to the round, and removing them would cause too much disruption. However, if they continued to actively pursue me, neglecting the frontline (discretionary), I would attack them and bring their body to one of the marine medics to allow them to be revived. If the CO would so happen to be the one to kill me, I would try to keep my SD on small around the frontline, so that there shouldn't be any harm to them unless they neglected to get away in time if I did choose to SD (I have battled preds before as CO, there is plenty of time).
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 12-24-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amber is highly competent in combat and roleplay. I have no doubt that she'll be a good addition to the WL.
    If I may, I’d like to ask some questions too:
    1. You’ve established a temple on lv-624 and put some traps around it - A marine PVT (likely one of his first rounds) gets caught in one of these, and begins shooting wildly into the dark, hitting you a couple times in the process. What would you do?

2. You are hunting a lurker, and before you can finish it off, it successfully evades you and runs back to hive. Upon returning to the predator ship, another pred insults you for letting it go. How would you respond?

3. You are dueling a Ravager until all of delta approaches and starts lighting you both up. The ravager uses this to rejoin the frontline and heal. Your actions?

4. Finally, you’ve successfully bagged a praetorian, two warriors and now stand over the queens dead body. What’s your key one liner and/or me actions.

As always, there are no necessarily right answers. I look forward to your responses
    Jay ‘Taco’ Johnson - Alpha pride world wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJohnson View Post
    Amber is highly competent in combat and roleplay. I have no doubt that she'll be a good addition to the WL.
    If I may, I’d like to ask some questions too:
    1. You’ve established a temple on lv-624 and put some traps around it - A marine PVT (likely one of his first rounds) gets caught in one of these, and begins shooting wildly into the dark, hitting you a couple times in the process. What would you do?

2. You are hunting a lurker, and before you can finish it off, it successfully evades you and runs back to hive. Upon returning to the predator ship, another pred insults you for letting it go. How would you respond?

3. You are dueling a Ravager until all of delta approaches and starts lighting you both up. The ravager uses this to rejoin the frontline and heal. Your actions?

4. Finally, you’ve successfully bagged a praetorian, two warriors and now stand over the queens dead body. What’s your key one liner and/or me actions.

As always, there are no necessarily right answers. I look forward to your responses
    Of course, I'd answer anything!

1. Normally for the honor code, it would say that anyone who assaults a lounge would be considered dishonorable. However, seeming I trapped the lounge prior to their arrival, I would justify their gunfire for fear instead of just shooting the place up to be a dick. Regardless of if they're new or not, I'd definitely try to make a funny roleplay situation seeming we're away from the frontline anyway. An idea that instantly clicked with me was going around cloaked and laughing around him to make immersion, stun them with my plasma caster (non-lethal), and try to initiate a roleplay situation from there. If I decide to, I may even decide to thrall them so they can have a fun round!

2. How I'd respond will depend on how long my predator has been active in the whitelist. I want to have a predator that evolves as time goes on. But if they were in my own clan, I'd most likely agree to diffuse the situation. However, if it were someone outside my clan and they pester me with insults while I show blatant distaste to their words, I would have no choice to challenge them to an honor duel so that I may preserve my honor.

3. From what I know, predators are not allowed to honor duel ravagers, so if my hunt on the ravager was interrupted and they attempted to flee to the frontline and run away, I would stun them with my plasma caster (non-lethal) and take them to a secluded area where I would be able to finish my hunt.

4. I would totally think it would be BADASS if my weapon made an awesome sound when I put it up and I follow it up by saying "Is that all?"

Thank you for the compliments, by the way!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So!
    1. Normally for the honor code, it would say that anyone who assaults a lounge would be considered dishonorable. However, seeming I trapped the lounge prior to their arrival, I would justify their gunfire for fear instead of just shooting the place up to be a dick. Regardless of if they're new or not, I'd definitely try to make a funny roleplay situation seeming we're away from the frontline anyway. An idea that instantly clicked with me was going around cloaked and laughing around him to make immersion, stun them with my plasma caster (non-lethal), and try to initiate a roleplay situation from there. If I decide to, I may even decide to thrall them so they can have a fun round!
    This is an exceptional answer. Nothing but good things to say for all aspects of this question.

2. How I'd respond will depend on how long my predator has been active in the whitelist. I want to have a predator that evolves as time goes on. But if they were in my own clan, I'd most likely agree to diffuse the situation. However, if it were someone outside my clan and they pester me with insults while I show blatant distaste to their words, I would have no choice to challenge them to an honor duel so that I may preserve my honor.
    Good answer.

3. From what I know, predators are not allowed to honor duel ravagers, so if my hunt on the ravager was interrupted and they attempted to flee to the frontline and run away, I would stun them with my plasma caster (non-lethal) and take them to a secluded area where I would be able to finish my hunt.
    Correct - Xenos are not able to honor duel predators. This answer is satisfactory. You would just need to be mindful that Delta doesn't murk the Ravager while it is stunned by you.

4. I would totally think it would be BADASS if my weapon made an awesome sound when I put it up and I follow it up by saying "Is that all?"
    While I'm unsure about weapons making a sound, the concept is spectacular.

Overall, you show a good understanding of roleplay and the honor code. This is a big +1 from me. May Paya bless your hunt.
    Jay ‘Taco’ Johnson - Alpha pride world wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJohnson View Post
    Correct - Xenos are not able to honor duel predators. This answer is satisfactory. You would just need to be mindful that Delta doesn't murk the Ravager while it is stunned by you.
    This is a very good thing to keep in mind, thank you!

I hope I'll be able to live up to how you perceive me! Thanks again!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah pretty cool story, pretty good answers, only problem is that you're a Teer, so fuck you. +1
    Also a pretty good and serious person, good luck.
    Last edited by johnravioli; 12-26-2021 at 09:35 AM. Reason: forgot some extra kind words
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah