Usnpeepoo
    Date of Incident
    December 25, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Warrior SAD-41
    Their BYOND Key
    Schalkguy
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6pm, over the course of (during this report) last round.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    Solaris round, and off the bat Xenos are given 8 farwas to infect. Apparently, this event was another Santa giving marines anything they asked for. Eg, they waited in line, asked Santa for something and got it. Some examples are, an SG asking to become a combat synth (they were fighting all round), thermals, B18s, miniguns, sadars as a non spec, the hunter shotgun, the fucking LTB tank, and more.

The hive calls out that this is unfair, and a few xenos were turned into t3s/t3s spawned. 2 Mutant queens (allied with hive) were spawned but I don't know what happened to them, as they died. The entire round was a cluster fuck, as the event completely destroyed any round balance as t3s were dying to multiple sadars, the hunter weapon, etc. Eventually, xenos were given their own santa that var edited xenos who asked, including me (i asked for lower cooldowns and received it and it let me wiped almost an entire squad in ETA). Then, corrupted xenos were spawned and were allied with the normal hive (but did not ally back) killed the queen, t2s, and a majority of the t3s leaving about 6 normal xenos left. This killed any way for the round to flow normally despite all of these unbalanced additions and ultimately ended the round.

I made the report because I don't believe it was in good faith despite it being under the pretext of "christmas event". All it did was completely deescalate the round further into random changes for the sake of making sure the changes previously were equaled out. I don't believe it was enjoyable outside of the people who were given extremely powerful weapons/stat edits and was essentially LRP. All I'm asking for is better ruling on what an event can be even if its on a holiday. Events shouldn't be completely destroying round balance, and its flow for the sake of it, and actually be thought out and balanced beforehand. But for this one, it was clearly not the case.
    Evidence
    Logs
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Please work out how events are supposed to go before you do it on a round. I don't wish for a note or ban on Schalkguy but I just want these types of "events" gone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I was in this round and I agree with what Mr. Usnpeepoo said here, it's not really fun especially if you didn't get your wish. I deployed as an engineer to see some giant queen with an ungodly amount of health, I'm talking that the combined firepower of an LTB tank and like 20 marines couldn't kill it and the queen said it was a nice winning simulator and it only died because an admin killed it. I went DNR because it feels like admin sanctioned grief. Events like this ruin rounds for people and leave a bad taste in the mouth of many; look at the pushback from the community regarding "minor" events that completely butcher the flow and balance of a round.

I dont want events to never happen; its just that they shouldn't get this bad where it devolves into who asks for the most powergamey requests from santa.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this case I agree. The only reason the queen was so strong is the hive kept healing it, and those heals were by percentage. I didn't realize how strong this mutual healing would be, and the marines got tthe queen to 1/4 health so I finished it off.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corrupted xenos were asked for prior to xenos getting santa. They weren't spawned in response. I didn't want to give the marines a corrupted hve, dubzor spawned it anyway. Lunar can confirm that within the logs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overview:

Schalkguy does big christmas event for both xenos and marines. Santa spawns in gifts for both sides, Schalkguy monitors balance of gifts. Schalkguy answers ahelps for event. Dubszor becomes corrupt queen and fights. Becomes a bit chaotic after that.

I've arranged it mostly chronologically, but divided it into sections for readability (marine gifts, xeno gifts, feedback about the event, management during the event). Hopefully this is more readable than a purely chronological format.

Who:

Usnpeepoo
    Warrior SAD-41 Complete

Schalkguy Complete
    Ivan

Dubszor Complete

[17:46:44]ADMIN: PM: Schalkguy /(Schalkguy )->Dubszor /(Bjorn Sigvaldsson Jr.): Maind authing a santa event next rouind?
    [17:46:57]ADMIN: PM: Dubszor /(Bjorn Sigvaldsson Jr.)->Schalkguy /(Schalkguy ): it is
    [17:46:59]ADMIN: PM: Schalkguy /(Schalkguy )->Dubszor /(Bjorn Sigvaldsson Jr.): Nevermind! Thanks you got it

marine gifts

Spoiler Spoiler:

xeno gifts

Spoiler Spoiler:

managing the event

Spoiler Spoiler:

feedback

Spoiler Spoiler:

Feedback appreciated, don't hesistate to let me know if you want something added!
    Last edited by lunarflu; 12-28-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the christmas period we had relaxed IC expectations for Christmas events and increased regularity of events as well, this would count as a Major Event which are generally events that cause large changes to the game flow and was authorised by Dubszor, a Senior Admin in charge of events and is capable of authing events and major events.
    I've run "Wish Granter" style events myself in the past and they generally need Major Event Auth as part of the issue with them is that things can rapidly spiral out of control, especially depending on how the gifts given are interpreted or how many are given, but one of the tenets of most major events is that not everyone is going to be happy, you can't please everyone and sometimes these events are an absolute bitch to run properly.

Looking at what this round was it sounds like Schalk already sort of realised that he may have been a bit too lenient with the amount of gifts he was giving or the scale of them and it's an uncommon sort of event to be running in the first place. As it was a Christmas/santa themed event I don't expect a lot of these sorts going forward and I don't see anything more administratively to do here, but I'd suggest if you have specific feedback about how to run the event better to send it in a constructive manner to the running admin.

Report denied on the basis that nothing procedural was broken and it's more of a feedback/event running issue for the running admin, something to work on personally for the future.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)