User Tag List

Thread: Idea I had for a new ending scenario [Event/possible change to current xeno endgame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea I had for a new ending scenario [Event/possible change to current xeno endgame]

Okay so I am thinking instead of the usual hijack, all xenos pile on the dropship, that we have now it could be something like: The queen calls the dropship down, when it lands the queen mother's screechy thing plays and tells the queen to go to the cockpit and activate the dropship before needing to get off, the queen gets off, the dropship heads skywards towards the almayer, as the queen mother helped the queen alter the programming to make it crash. ARES sounds an alert "Dropship [x] is on collision trajectory. Warning, engines not made ready, unable to avoid impact. Seek emergency shelters immediatly." the dropship hits after a short time and damages ARES's system which can spout out some corrupted message. The emergency warning system comes online "Warning, critical AI failure, a deorbit event is imminent, evacuation protocols active. Seek reinforced shelter incase of evacuation malfunction." - this begins to play https://youtu.be/EO9x0y5lqD0?t=365 [Volume warning] - smoke and steam start firing out from pipes at random spots [just visual] as a sign the ship is falling apart. The countdown is serving as an impact estimation.

The Almayer hits planetside, somewhere near the middle of each map, only bits of the ship are 'intact' and those would be the reinforced sections, the rest has been sheered away, there is no upper or lower deck anymore, just scattered bits of compartments that survived deorbit. Marines can search the wreckage for escape pods which can launch them into orbit to escape, or find the damaged dropship and do minor repairs to evacuate a mass number of them into orbit. Marine defenses would be thrown together from whatever they gathered during the deorbit crisis.

I apologize if this isn't super fleshed out yet, I will go into more detail later, for now I just wanted to get it down and then work on picking through it to make it a full on event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like an enourmous ammount of mapping work compared to the "benefit" that would come from this change. (and the effort would be better on spent on maintaining/improving maps)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    Sounds like an enourmous ammount of mapping work compared to the "benefit" that would come from this change. (and the effort would be better on spent on maintaining/improving maps)
    Ya it sounds like a pretty big project to me and those don't tend to happen very often.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should make it random where sometimes the xenos just peace out with the dropship and the game ends and says "The marines ran away like cowards and survived the alien threat" to reinforce marines being pussies for evaccing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I think they should make it random where sometimes the xenos just peace out with the dropship and the game ends and says "The marines ran away like cowards and survived the alien threat" to reinforce marines being pussies for evaccing.
    Ditto.

If Xenos decimated the planetside with a large percentage of units, there should a Planetside defeat aka Xeno Major. Stat wise this looks like: If the number of human units at time of planetside drop reaches 0; and the total amount of xeno units exceed the # of shipside pop. The round end should count down, much like how there is a "W/O Queen counter"