GradusNL
    Your Character Name?
    Colten 'Colt' McAllister
    Their BYOND Key
    Mizari
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    05:30ish CST today
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    He didn't break one of the protocols (although dismissing ahelps for no reason might break one).
    Mizari didn't follow the staff Code of Conduct, specifically 'Do not abuse your power" and "Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server".
    Description of the incident
    Me and Frood (James 'Stunned' Alabaster) spawned as survivor on LV. We went to the Marshall's office, looted and afterwards went to the secure storage to hole up. We didn't know it yet but Mizari decided to an event in which a squad of UPP crashed and was holed up in the secure storage dome.
    As we were breaking into the dome we got a message from Mizari through LOOC. See picture 1.

At this point we got ambushed by the beno's, with nowhere to go because the secure storage was forbidden by Mizari I decided to commit suicide and Frood got captured. See picture 2.

At this point I felt pretty wronged by Mizari, the warning to not enter the secure dome only came when it was far too late to use a different survival strategy. I ahelped about perhaps being included in the event as I felt my death was pretty unfair and got no response to that for about 10 minutes or so when Mizari decided to just close the ahelp without a proper answer. See picture 3.

Frood ahelped about being killed whilst responding to the LOOC message and got told that his death was his own fault for various reasons, see picture 4 and 5.

We were discussing what happened with somebody who observed it in deadchat when Mizari forbade us from talking for it for some 'common practice' that nobody else ever heard of. See picture 6.

To both Frood and I this event seems to be made mostly for the enjoyment of Mizari and the other staff members online (see picture 7 for the staff members). We were told that two of the 6 UPP soldiers were staff. The the fact that we were not allowed to interact with them makes it seem like Mizari didn't care about our enjoyment of the round, only that of the UPP soldiers.

The above is where Mizari didn't preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server by not allowing us to interact with the UPP.

Telling us not to discuss the actions taken by Mizari in dchat seems to me like it is an abuse of power. I see no reason why we couldn't dicuss this, it breaks no rules. All it does is make Mizari look bad because what he did was. Telling us to shut it seems like an attempt at censorship.

Not to mention Mizari has a history of mismanaging events: //showthrea...-Report-Mizari
    Evidence
    Picture 1:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Picture 2:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Picture 3:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Picture 4 and 5:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Picture 6:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Picture 7
    Spoiler Spoiler:

How you would punish the accused
    At the very least Mizari should be banned from making events for a good long while.
    Last edited by GradusNL; 02-19-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs soon. Bear in mind, mizari is a male

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so where to begin. This in itself is little more than a rage report in my opinion. You were told to leave the area as I was still doing stuff with an event, 10 seconds later you did indeed get attacked by a runner and started firing back, you choosing to suicide is YOUR choice, nobody forced you to do so. You got a no response via ahelps due to me already handling it by discussing it with the other player who seemed to be trying to represent you both, I was already well aware what had transpired.

I'm going to go and say that even if you had continued your attempt to break down the walls, you would not have got in, in 10 seconds which is when xeno's appeared as such you decided to use me telling you in LOOC to leave the event area the cause for you dying. You yourself chose to suicide and the other guy got killed during combat with the xeno's.

The event was made for the enjoyment of the server and for the most part people did enjoy it despite you two and yes two staff members took the last 2 spots in the event AFTER players had been offered the roles and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I oversee'd the event and did not partake in the round beside managing the event.

I'm also going to go ahead and state the fact that you're trying to claim I mismanaged events beforehand when it had already been ruled by the server host that I had done nothing wrong but provide people with a chance. If you dont want to die early in the round then I suggest turning survivor preferences off in future.

You and the other player then proceeded to salt in dead chat which is fine but after several attempts by me to tell you to make a report on the forum, you continued to argue with other players about the situation. This will be my only post regarding this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must allow my point of view as I am the third witness in all of this, and there are some hole's in Mizari's story. For one, he claims that he only gave the RP spot to the staff members after players had been offered the role, but I know for a fact me and another individual both ahelped asking to be part of the event with no response.

The idea that the ahelp response was timely is entirely false. Both me and Gradus had ahelped mizari, before I got a response on my second ahelp.

The idea that 10 seconds wouldn't have been enough time to react to a runner and a few spitters is laughable at best, disingenuous at worst. The logs show that the runner moved in and attacked us as we were both typing and sending LOOC responses, to an LOOC command we had no base of reference for (Anyone in the game who was playing survivor can confirm that as survivors, we weren't told to avoid the "event area"). Any survivor that game could have made the exact same mistake, for the exact same reason.

I wonder where they get the idea the event was particularly popular, especially when you consider the multitudes of people in dead chat were asking what the event was, or where the UPP were that they never saw.

Also, you weren't making "Attempts" to make us report it to the forums, my screencap shows you literally announced "Don't discuss staff issues in dchat" something not mentioned in either the rules, or code of conduct. Moreover, you told us to post this, during a live round. This is against the rules, and as a bare-minimum an admin should know that much.

Moreover, there was hardly anything to, "set up". Mizari claimed that the equipment they were spawning in was too good for a survivor to access, but screencap from ghost will show nothing more than standard UPP armor, a turret, and plasteel was spawned in. I do not believe these three items are enough to prevent the UPP soldiers inside the compound from solving the issue IC.
    Last edited by Frood; 02-19-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: (Forgot to mention the stationary machinegunF)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    Alright so where to begin. This in itself is little more than a rage report in my opinion.
    Starting with a personal attack, very professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    You yourself chose to suicide
    I did choose to suicide, true, but the choice was between suicide and being captured. You yourself already said there was no chance we would have survived anyway.

For the rest of what you say I can only echo what Frood said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will admit, most deflection to our complaints has almost been entirely "Dunt pluyah survivor if u dunt wan 2 die el o el". But the fact we died is not the issue here, and I am willing to let my notes be released as public to show as much. I never bitch about dying as survivor, and in this situation it's being used as a means to brush off dying 10 minutes into a 2 hour game, because of an admin's failed actions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incident logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Adminhelps sent in + PMs between Mizari and Frood
    Spoiler Spoiler:

DSay commentary
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if the issue here is not you dying, then what is? An Admin telling you not to enter an area where he's setting up an event? That's not an issue at all. Mizari was setting up an event, he wasn't finished with the setup and therefore did not allow you to enter the area and engage with an event that wasn't ready. You're not entitled to engage with events whenever and however you want, doubly so if they're not ready.

Mizari acted within rights to deny you access to the area, that a runner killed you is unfortunate but as you said yourselves is not the issue here and even if it was, it wasn't him that killed you. Furthermore, the accusations that he was just making fun for himself and referencing a previous report where it was determined Mizari did nothing wrong make it painfully clear this is just a salty report.

Resolved with no action taken.