Date of Incident
    December 29, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Amber Walsh

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Anaha

Accused Character Name
    Laurencia Beck

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    5 pm CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    11: Marine Law

Description of the incident:
    I was playing CO and the CMO calls in that he's being arrested for defending himself. Later, I go to Brig and do his appeal. I approve his appeal security record of CMO provided) with the self-defense clause as justification. The CMP then faxes to HC, lying about the event, then having me arrested while commanding through an FOB siege under NoD charges (her fax included).

The way she lied about the event was saying that the CMO was firing at an MP and that I knew prior to the acceptance of the appeal. To which is a complete lie, as the CMP only told me that she approved of the CMO's arrest. Later, it comes to my attention she knew the details of the arrest and neglected to fill me in on the details of the case, while staring at me and responding the entire time.

The Warden told me after the appeal that the CMO fired in the direction of MPs, but I said it didn't matter regardless because they never charged CMO for discharging at MPs, but only possessing the firearm. The CMO himself said that the gun was used on his researcher, and the MP happened to be in the same direction. (CMO was orginally arrested for having a gun, he had it because a researcher was drugging him without his permission, therefore he defended himself).

The CMP had me arrested for allowed to CMO walk free for shooting an MP, but an MP was never short, therefore the CMP lied to HC in a fax.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    What resolution are you seeking?
    I want her to be given a warning, as I truly believe this is griefing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

I am the accused however, I'd like to wait for logs to be pulled and up until saying anything, so I may cite evidence for my statements and actions. I would, however, like to request the posting of the fax that you had sent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the logs. Ping me on discord (lunarflu#4812) if you have any other parts you think I should add. Feedback always welcome!

Overview:
    CMO is fed LSD, causing him to hallucinate. He grabs a gun from the firing range and shoots a hallucination next to an MP, leading to his arrest on Green Alert. Amber comes to brig and pardons the CMO. The CMP disagrees and ahelps to clarify, and ultimately the CO is arrested.

Parts:
    -Focus on ML
    -CMO says he's being arrested
    -
    -Brig appeal by CO
    - self defense clause

-CMP faxes to HC

-CO arrested

Who:
    Prosecution: MrDadMan / Amber Walsh COMPLETE

Defense: Ahana / Laurencia Beck COMPLETE

SubjectD9341 / Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau COMPLETE

CMO is fed hallucinogens

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO arrested

Spoiler Spoiler:

In Brig, where did gun come from; Amber Walsh talking to CMP

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO calls for captain; Amber Pardons CMO; Amber sends MPs to find Josh Braun (LSD guy)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Why was the CMO arrested?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Fax

Spoiler Spoiler:

HC arrives, Amber arrested

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by lunarflu; 01-02-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Hi.

I am the accused however, I'd like to wait for logs to be pulled and up until saying anything, so I may cite evidence for my statements and actions. I would, however, like to request the posting of the fax that you had sent.
    At the moment due to limitations of logs I wasn't able to pull anything useful for Amber Walsh's fax. We'll see if that changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Warden from that round here. I'd like to clarify that as an evidentiary matter, the firing the gun haphazardly was a contributory factor to why he was arrested for contraband, sort of a show of "this is why we don't allow random people to have guns". However, I do not recall if the gun was called out as being taken before or after his drug induced psychosis. If it was taken before, then his firing at an MP is contributory evidence to the fact that unpredictable shit can happen and that's why we don't give everyone a gun, if it happened after then his reduced mental state would likely void him of culpability for the charge altogether.

I also think it may be prudent to include the logs of myself and the arresting officer during the conversations above. I recall myself informing the Captain of the firing on the MPs, but not when. I was also the context for a lot of the above statements (ie. The preparations during her arrest).
    Captain Cyrus Ambrose
    "Remember, Marines...you are giving these things a mercy by killing. Fighting you more is the alternative to their death."

Ikthala N'ritja
    "Of course this is entertaining...one does not always need to hunt to enjoy it, but merely sit back and enjoy the show that our prey and their prey provide."

Gabriel
    "While you mourn for the lost learn from this. Like Cain, all of you as kin are marked by the Lord, that anything done unto you, you all return seven-fold."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add on to the case as well for my side of the story:

My knowledge on the incident was very lacking. The CMP was present during the appeal, especially focused on the appeal while I was finished listening to the CMO's side of the story. The CMP did not contest the CMO's story, nor did they fill me in on any of the important information besides the following: [17:22:34]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: The CMO had their arrest authorized for firing a gun they took, from the ship, on the ship. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP). The arresting officer (Brett) apparently was independent of the situation, and the CMP was the one who ordered the arrest of the CMO for the incident, therefore they had the information on the incident and neglected to inform me.

While I do acknowledge in the CMP's defense that I lead my conclusion of the charges being false due to her saying a non-specific area on the ship could be arguably insufficient for the event, I truly believe the CMP withheld the proper information from me until realizing that I decided to approve the CMO's appeal, thus leading me to the situation where I was arrested.

(I am also going to add that I was frustrated with the CMP already and yelled at her already for thinking an MP committing a crime was negligible, as also is provided in the log report)
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just like to reply to the parts of the player report and allow management/CO council to handle the rest.

The CMP had me arrested for allowed to CMO walk free for shooting an MP, but an MP was never short, therefore the CMP lied to HC in a fax.
    I never said MP staff were hit at any point in time. I said they were shot at, not hit. If this is what your entire complaint is about, you just misread the fax. But let's go through the rest. Just wanted to get this out of the way.

I was playing CO and the CMO calls in that he's being arrested for defending himself. Later, I go to Brig and do his appeal. I approve his appeal security record of CMO provided) with the self-defense clause as justification. The CMP then faxes to HC, lying about the event, then having me arrested while commanding through an FOB siege under NoD charges (her fax included).
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The self-defense clause is what this had an error with. Even if you wanted to use the self-defense clause for the hallucinations the CMO was seeing, they would be invalid under the escalation clause. Proportional force requires them to not escalate the attack, and respond to whatever they were being attacked with. To my knowledge, mindbreaker hallucinations are restricted to melee punching. Regardless, there was no reason for the CMO to be carrying an unauthorized firearm, which they had taken without permission (major contraband, since it was from the ship). This lead to your arrest for Neglect of Duty because appeals, as no wrongful charges were applied, dictated that you would receive them. I'll put the logs below:
    [17:22:34]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: The CMO had their arrest authorized for firing a gun they took, from the ship, on the ship. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)

[17:22:44]SAY: Amber Walsh [1]: You are utterly a disappointment. (CKEY: MrDadMan) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
    [17:22:48]SAY: Amber Walsh [1]: I cannot believe I hired you. (CKEY: MrDadMan) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
    [17:22:52]SAY: Amber Walsh [1]: Jean. (CKEY: MrDadMan) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
    [17:22:56]SAY: Amber Walsh [1]: Your appeal is approved. (CKEY: MrDadMan) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
    Moving on, though, you failed to follow proper appeal procedure:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMO was guilty of all crimes, however, you released them via declaring innocence of said charges, and then released them. You also failed to list their charges. You also apparently managed to use a captain's pardon- and this makes it a whitelist council issue too. You also ever failed to ask me, or any other MP the full situation and instead consulted only the CMO. I was in the brig busy processing an MP for wearing shorts, one of the silliest things ever, so I wasn't watching the appeal personally but I ended up commenting the following after you had failed to ask any MP for context, including myself, while I was processing the MP. You also failed to contact the arresting officer. You also state that I was just staring at you in this time, while no, I wasn't. I was busy trying to figure out how not to book my cadet for 15 minutes because they had worn shorts. I even stated I kept reading SOP trying to help them in LOOC. ICly, you told me the following:
    2021/12/29: [17:09:42]SAY: Amber Walsh [MP]: I don't care. Your MP committed a crime, therefore it's NoD and FtFP. (CKEY: MrDadMan) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
    In spite of this, you literally released the CMO via the messy legal appeal/pardon situation, when they testified against themselves:
    [17:21:00]SAY: Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau [1]: And they arrested moi because I found a gun to defend myself from the apparitions! (CKEY: SubjectD9341) (JOB: Chief Medical Officer)
    This makes me believe metagrudge may be at play, and becoming an OOC issue. This was an incident with me, and in rounds (this report) prior to this one, you would repeatedly call me into your office (or just to you) for a "briefing" and talk about your concern for my behavior (then try to do something like this round, where you decided to fax and get me demoted after an appeal you improperly managed). During these times, you also ordered me to ignore all minor crimes, which you can't even order the CMP to do regardless (I've faxed about this, and assuming admins fax back as themselves, SolidFury should be able to testify this. I even made roleplay about a Commodore being apart of provost). I believe you keep faxing HC as well (including this round) to cover yourself. You're a whitelisted captain, and I've seen you play CMP, so I believe you have a good enough grasp of marine law to know that you can arrest me without HC. I believe you've abused this in an attempt to grief me without consequence. This apparently is becoming an issue, and I think should be investigated.

The final thing I'd like to talk about is this:
    The Warden told me after the appeal that the CMO fired in the direction of MPs, but I said it didn't matter regardless because they never charged CMO for discharging at MPs, but only possessing the firearm. The CMO himself said that the gun was used on his researcher, and the MP happened to be in the same direction. (CMO was orginally arrested for having a gun, he had it because a researcher was drugging him without his permission, therefore he defended himself.
    The CMO was not arrested for using it on his researcher and the bullets flying near the MPs. The CMO was in an empty hallway, in front of two MPs and I. They fired the gun, luckily it hit a wall, and fled. This is why I ordered their arrest, I hadn't witnessed them ever use it on their researcher. This is a failure on your part to even ask what was going on. I am not responsible for your actions or inactions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was arresting officer in this case, Brett McMatherson.

CMO was arrested in medbay, he resisted arrest. In brig I was going to charge him with FFP and RA, but CMP told me to use Major Contraband as well (Although I disagree a bit on it, but it was ORA, so I just went ahead. I was more-or-less relaxed during round and ML definition of Major Contraband can fit if you stretch it a bit. That bit being "unauthorized weapons" definition). I did not witness shooting myself and only charge I'd be able to elaborate on would be RA, and even then, CMP witnessed resisting herself, so I'd say there was not really need to get my testimony. Last thing I will say is that CO pressed "Pardon" button in timer, which did not harm brig in any way, since appeal was accepted. Said button allows stop timer and allows MPs to remove JAS paper from said timer. nothing more. It was not meant as legal pardon for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey hey, I was the CMO during that round.

I'm just here to clarify a few things, the gun I was carrying was taken before the whole incident, you can notice it when I first talk to the MPs : [16:59:02]SAY: Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau [Command]: ARREST HIM BEFORE I GUN HIM DOWN.

Now I believe when I was in brig, I lied and told MPs that I took the gun when I was under the influence, since I conveniently went near the firing range when I was drugged to grab ammo. Brett, the arresting officer noticed the spare ammo in my bag but not the pistol I carried hidden in my shoulder holster.

Another point that needs some clarifying is when I shot in the direction of the MPs. Although it seemed as such, I really aimed for the LSD apparition of my aggressor. and not directly at the MP, but I totally understand how it can be seen as such IC. I must also add that the gun I possessed was never used against the researcher who drugged me as I never saw him afterwards. The only thing it hit was an imaginary enemy and a wall.

If something else needs more details from my part makes sure to contact me, I'm a bit busy but I'll try to answer your questions.